Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #1901
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamekichi View Post
In Rob Paulsen's podcast before the show came out when they were working on Season Two Ciro said something about it could go all the way to ten seasons if he's lucky.
In other words, Nickelodeon wanted to end it at Season 5, and then they create a new show that's more family friendly, and something along the lines of there other shows.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:12 PM   #1902
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah I think Ciro and Brandon were happy to keep going once it was up and running, I remember coming across a response from Ciro to someone who was upset the show ended, he told them to tell it to Viacom and said he never
voluntarily became unemployed.

Quote:
Dear god, I swear if this new series has any singing... >.>
I agree, singing wouldn't really go with TMNT maybe the actress just sings also and there's no more to it so far as the show goes.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #1903
CyberCubed
Overlord

I hope we get new info soon, this place has felt dead without any current cartoon on the air. At least see some designs so we have something to talk about.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:19 PM   #1904
Powder
So tired of this place

I had a dream the other night that the toys came out way early & I saw them in TRU or some other store. They looked kinda like simplified/cleaner versions of these turtles, with the wraps & whatnot. There was a Karai who resembled the 2007 version, mask & all, but in white/blue instead of black/red, & a "Mystic Shredder" who reminded me of the Mirage version but with tribal patterns thrown on.

So I guess my subconscious is excited too.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 11-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #1905
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I had a dream the other night that the toys came out way early & I saw them in TRU or some other store. They looked kinda like simplified/cleaner versions of these turtles, with the wraps & whatnot. There was a Karai who resembled the 2007 version, mask & all, but in white/blue instead of black/red, & a "Mystic Shredder" who reminded me of the Mirage version but with tribal patterns thrown on.

Haha, I'm so used to having early previews of toylines spoil movie plots, that I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it happens.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 11-29-2017, 01:45 AM   #1906
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

make picsssssssssss
Old 11-29-2017, 01:53 AM   #1907
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Yeah, I can rely more on Powder's imagination than Nick to give us some concept art

I'd love to see if you someday could make the designs you saw in your dream, I have no doubt it would be absolutely excellent just like all your other artwork

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-29-2017 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 AM   #1908
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Yeah, I can rely more on Powder's imagination than Nick to give us some concept art

I'd love to see if you someday could make the designs you saw in your dream, I have no doubt it would be absolutely excellent just like all your other artwork
I wonder if they are waiting until after Christmas (toy sales on 2012 figures) before releasing anything.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:04 AM   #1909
Vicky82
Emperor

I guess they will reveal character designs and concept art before the London and New York toy fairs next year.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #1910
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Fair point in probably needing to get the remaining sales of 2012, esp of the more recent toys, before trying to generate real hype for the next one and causing 2012 to become old news.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if the 2012 model doesn't entirely up and vanish from all things. It may be over, but I'm sure the show will stick around for a long time in repeats and find new young fans who come in late and still want 2012 stuff. Maybe the toys will end, but I bet they may still be featured on other products sometimes for a while.

I mean heck, until the last of the 2016 kid's movie tees left the building some weeks ago, my department at work had clothing from three versions of the Turtles. (Even these little sweat suit sets - with everything on them from TMNT to Paw Patrol - that came in for the winter have two art style choices of Spiderman.) If Nick sticks around I'm sure it and the newbie version can coincide okay. (Provided Nick doesn't want to throw it under a bus and move on.)
Old 11-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #1911
newfan
Mad Scientist

I noticed TMNT in kids clothing and merchandise dropped quite a bit in the stores here when the show was cancelled, which added a little salt to that wound I still bought my son some things from amazon at least and the major toy stores still have the toys (supermarkets have less of them than they did)
Old 11-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #1912
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I noticed TMNT in kids clothing and merchandise dropped quite a bit in the stores here when the show was cancelled, which added a little salt to that wound I still bought my son some things from amazon at least and the major toy stores still have the toys (supermarkets have less of them than they did)
I bet you can still find clothing that has the 80s TMNT still.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #1913
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I did notice 80's turtle clothes appear instead (in 2012's packaging in the one store) but not much stuff, there is on Amazon though.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 AM   #1914
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Oh we ALL know THAT'S always going to be a thing. FW ain't going anywhere, much to some people's annoyance.

Although even then I have noticed TMNT seems to be in a bit of a lull anyhow, and prior to 2012 ending, as I'm not seeing as many adult shirts and stuff either for probably the second half of this year or so. There's stuff out there, but not like there had been and mostly the same old thing.

I'm disappointed there are no adult PJs or the women's footies (that aren't really footies) in my store like the last two years. Still kick myself a little on missing the cute Leo one that sold pretty well Christmas of '15 when there was still some hype over the newest movies. (Though he is favored over Leo, the Mikey not-really-footie PJs didn't sell nearly as well last year post movies.)

I don't really foresee the new direction they're taking ending a lull at some point. But maybe that's okay... it gives more serious TMNT a little down time before hopefully taking their place back.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #1915
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh we ALL know THAT'S always going to be a thing. FW ain't going anywhere, much to some people's annoyance.

Although even then I have noticed TMNT seems to be in a bit of a lull anyhow, and prior to 2012 ending, as I'm not seeing as many adult shirts and stuff either for probably the second half of this year or so. There's stuff out there, but not like there had been and mostly the same old thing.

I'm disappointed there are no adult PJs or the women's footies (that aren't really footies) in my store like the last two years. Still kick myself a little on missing the cute Leo one that sold pretty well Christmas of '15 when there was still some hype over the newest movies. (Though he is favored over Leo, the Mikey not-really-footie PJs didn't sell nearly as well last year post movies.)

I don't really foresee the new direction they're taking ending a lull at some point. But maybe that's okay... it gives more serious TMNT a little down time before hopefully taking their place back.
Friend of mine said there was some in the Walmarts near me...but I can't find any either.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:55 AM   #1916
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
In other words, Nickelodeon wanted to end it at Season 5, and then they create a new show that's more family friendly, and something along the lines of there other shows.
Between Seasons 1 and 2, at his panel at Power Con, he said he wanted five seasons to tell their story, but could do it in three if he had to.

Maybe between then and now he changed his mind, but that's what he said in like 2013.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #1917
Vicky82
Emperor

Another new episode title

Old 12-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #1918
Powder
So tired of this place

Is it...

1. A Donnie X April thing?
2. Some other sort of crush?
3. A play on words regarding a sticky mutant?
4. Other?

Place yer bets!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 12-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #1919
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Is it...

1. A Donnie X April thing?
2. Some other sort of crush?
3. A play on words regarding a sticky mutant?
4. Other?

Place yer bets!
I'd say 3 or 4, one of the turtles stuck to a mutant or two turtles stuck together. If I have to pick one then I'll go with the latter.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #1920
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Bubblegum monster takes over the city and this is how April and Casey meet.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters