The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #281
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Loved it, it was great. Even with the wackier designs it doesn't take away from it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #282
CyberCubed
Overlord

I actually would like the new series to have animation similar to this, just with better character designs of course.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:38 PM   #283
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wow, the animation was really good in this one. I didn't care for the character designs themselves but the way the characters moved and flowed from one scene to the next was fantastic. Also really dug that crystal than made everyone grow tentacles when they touched it.
Quote:
I actually would like the new series to have animation similar to this, just with better character designs of course.
Well said, I share your thoughts!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #284
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

With slight adjustments to the designs and less of characters just shouting out names, I agree a series akin to this would be great.

I really appreciate what they did with this one. Rather than pander and be in your face the entire time, this short decided to take a bit of a step back and offer something I think really works for a franchise like TMNT: slightly off-the-wall yet well-coreographed action and humor derived from just how absurd the situation is. I mean, a stone that makes people's limbs turn into tentacles if it isn't contained? Krang just decides to show up? That TCRI truck ended up on a train track? Crisler's Law? It's just wonderful.

All this with minimal dialogue. The short is aware that a line of dialogue is a gift and should be used sparingly, allowing for the visuals to thrive. And speaking of those visuals... the backgrounds are fantastic, and though I don't like the Turtles' designs (except Raph's, I kinda dug Raph's), the designs on April and the humans are good as well. And of course, the animation was so nice and fluid. Cubed said it better than I can, the way everything just flows from one scene to the next feels so natural.

Now, I just watched it, so I haven't quite gathered my thoughts yet, but... eh, screw it, this is easily my favorite of this year's shorts.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello

Last edited by Aaronardo; 07-02-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:02 PM   #285
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, that's the best one by a long shot.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #286
CyberCubed
Overlord

Given how frequently Krang appears in these shorts in general, I wouldn't be surprised if the next series uses Krang himself again, rather than variations like Kraang subprime, or Kraang Prime.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #287
sdp
Megan Fox = April

While I find that highly possible however well because of the retcon the Nick show had wouldn't that mean that all future Krang incarnations be eventually Kraangs as well that were sent to other universes?
Old 07-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #288
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Given how frequently Krang appears in these shorts in general, I wouldn't be surprised if the next series uses Krang himself again, rather than variations like Kraang subprime, or Kraang Prime.
I guess it was bound to happen as Krang being a single specimen reasonates far more with people than a race of Kraang as a whole. People will more likely think of Utroms when thinking of an entire species while the concept of the Kraang hive mind is something that will probably stay exclusive to the Nick toon like Shredder being an Utrom only in the 2k3 series.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #289
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'd very much like to see something that does try to pull it off, much like the IDW series does. (And I like to think of the guy in the TCRI truck as another Utrom who was hauling Krang somewhere for...reasons???)
Old 07-02-2017, 11:44 PM   #290
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I agree with everyone this one is the best and id welcome a show using that animation style with some design changes.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:10 AM   #291
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I guess it was bound to happen as Krang being a single specimen reasonates far more with people than a race of Kraang as a whole. People will more likely think of Utroms when thinking of an entire species while the concept of the Kraang hive mind is something that will probably stay exclusive to the Nick toon like Shredder being an Utrom only in the 2k3 series.
It's pretty funny how many variations there are now.

- Krang himself. The Fred Wolf version is the most iconic, but Krang also exists in Archie and IDW. The IDW version being the most ruthless one.

- Ch'rell. Most notable for taking over the Shredder's identity and being an "Utrom imposter" as he was called.

- Kraang subprime and Kraang Prime. Kraang subprime mostly funtions as Nick's version of the standard Krang, while Kraang Prime seems to be some sort of hive mind control over the regular Kraang.

- Utroms. These are the mostly peaceful race that you see in Mirage, 4kids, IDW and now Nick

- The Kraang, basically all the mind controlled Utroms by Kraang Prime

This is also not counting the individually named Utroms from Mirage and IDW, like Glurin, etc.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #292
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Wow, the animation was really good in this one. I didn't care for the character designs themselves but the way the characters moved and flowed from one scene to the next was fantastic. Also really dug that crystal than made everyone grow tentacles when they touched it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
With slight adjustments to the designs and less of characters just shouting out names, I agree a series akin to this would be great.

I really appreciate what they did with this one. Rather than pander and be in your face the entire time, this short decided to take a bit of a step back and offer something I think really works for a franchise like TMNT: slightly off-the-wall yet well-coreographed action and humor derived from just how absurd the situation is. I mean, a stone that makes people's limbs turn into tentacles if it isn't contained? Krang just decides to show up? That TCRI truck ended up on a train track? Crisler's Law? It's just wonderful.

All this with minimal dialogue. The short is aware that a line of dialogue is a gift and should be used sparingly, allowing for the visuals to thrive. And speaking of those visuals... the backgrounds are fantastic, and though I don't like the Turtles' designs (except Raph's, I kinda dug Raph's), the designs on April and the humans are good as well. And of course, the animation was so nice and fluid. Cubed said it better than I can, the way everything just flows from one scene to the next feels so natural.

Now, I just watched it, so I haven't quite gathered my thoughts yet, but... eh, screw it, this is easily my favorite of this year's shorts.
This! Really well done!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:52 AM   #293
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Ahem Lookie what I found.

Guess we have a winner then?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:02 AM   #294
CyberCubed
Overlord

So far, yes. Who knows, maybe they're saving the best for last? How many more of these are there, anyway?
Old 07-03-2017, 04:36 AM   #295
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

We Strike Hard was great, loved the aniamtion, fluid and fast paced.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:18 AM   #296
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Definitely Strike Hard is the best. I really loved it.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:01 AM   #297
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yes, brilliantly storyboarded and animated. Only design I can complain about is Mikey. "Lol he eats pizza so his shell is round". Gimme a break.

Whatever, excellent short.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:53 AM   #298
Ninjinister
無問題

This is the kind of thing I assumed from the humor + action tag on Rise.

I felt some of the character designs were whack and I can't understand the whole "saying names over and over" aspect, but it was pretty fluid and had a good balance.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #299
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if the next series will keep April as a teen, rather than making her an adult again. Seems to have caught on at least for kids shows.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #300
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I like teen April and would like to see her again as a teenager but I hope it doesn't become like the default version of her, I prefer her as an adult.

Tags
lay off the crack smoking