The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #281
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Hm for me...I really don't feel that the Mirage comic is all that great. I mean, it's nice and it did start it all, but I'm just not that big on it. I liked the Archie comics better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torterra View Post
I actually like the Casey Jones from 2012 series I know some people aren't really a big fan of him and can see him as annoying. But he does have his funny moments and I do like that he build most of his weapons that he uses. Which is pretty sick he made pluck grenades, a taser, modify his bike with a flame thrower. I mean after this incarnation I really want to see other Casey's in future series do this besides just using baseball bats and Hockey sticks.
In all honesty, I didn't mind him uch either...I mean, there were moments that I did find him bothersome, but that could be said for practically any character in a series, right? You can't like everything a character does. He was a good character and had his moments just like everyone else. Off the top of my head, I can think of one instance where he legit bothered me, and it was at the end of season 3, I believe. After all that just happened, he's in like, "This will be awesome!" mode when leaving with the Fugitoid. It was just so out of place and ill-timed. Also unnecessary. I really disliked that.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:14 PM   #282
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Don't you croak on us, you seem to be one of the people who puts up with my opinions.

Hope it's not the COVID and that you're on the mend soon!
No. Not Covid. My doctor told me... (paraphrasing) "In public, if you are not obese and you wear a mask and stay at least 3-6 feet away from everyone, your chances of catching it are about 2%. Overweight people, slightly chubby people. They don't count. Obesity (and non-distancing) is what transmits the virus because of the heart and lungs. The heart and lungs work harder so the blood pumps harder and faster and respiration is higher so they have a better chance of being exposed."

I will consider that the final word on covid.

Now, as far as what I have... GERD (gastroesophagal reflux disease)... Had it for years... that is being aggravated by some kind of pneumonia like bug. Not pnuemonia but since only the doc is smart enough to know its name I'll just say I have pneumonia. So my symptoms are a bunch of nasty things I wont repeat here (just bodily fluid stuff), weight loss due to high metabolism, intense sweating (which is a good thing), had a fever but broke it on Monday. No appetite. Constant thirst. nausea and exhaustion. My prescrip. ran out but not getting anymore because the pills are like $8 a piece and to fill the prescrip. is like 40 pills. They dont hand out coverage in the US... yet. So, I'm just eating garlic (natural antibiotic) and drinking apple cider vinegar 2x a day with a small meal. Seems to be helping but I'm in this for a couple more weeks. Wife is on me to eat more. Food is disgusting when you're this sick.

Really miss the Drome tho. Hi, neatoman! hope you're bein' your usual self. Hi Indigo, Leo, Miss Duckie, CKD, M&R87, the rest.

Out! - Gregory
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #283
garsh
Foot Soldier

Hi! I have an unpopular opinion! (Right?)

For the next Nick show, I'm hoping it's a doofy comedy in the style of Spongebob, with little or no action. Visually, the style of Summer Shorts "TMNT Team Up!" would be just fine. The humor and tone would just need to be actually funny and engaging, at least as much as Spongebob.

Just me?

garsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #284
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*glances at the early grave of Rise*

I will fast track your inquiry to the fandom head offices. You should know within six to ten days if you need to turn in your fan card.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:57 PM   #285
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garsh View Post

For the next Nick show, I'm hoping it's a doofy comedy in the style of Spongebob, with little or no action. Visually, the style of Summer Shorts "TMNT Team Up!" would be just fine. The humor and tone would just need to be actually funny and engaging, at least as much as Spongebob.

Just me?

ya know I didn't think anything could be worse than Rise but what you just suggested sounds even worse. If Nick/Viacom went with that its time to take TMNT behind the wood shed and pull the trigger like old yeller.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:11 PM   #286
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:

Just me?

I'm tired of these simplified rounded/fat style. It's in Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Thundercats Roar, etc.
TMNT needs to be different to be on top again or face yet another early death...
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:12 PM   #287
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just take Spongebob hostage and demand they open the door and let the Turtles free, else the sponge gets it.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:19 AM   #288
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:

Just me?

This is a joke post, yes? I mean, Nickelodeon already has Spongebob and a few other shows for that style so it'd be quite redundant. Not to mention the apparent Patrick Star spin-off happening.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:20 AM   #289
garsh
Foot Soldier

Nope, not a joke at all.

Judging by responses so far, I feel like a shoe-in for winning the most unpopular opinion award.

Did Thundercats Roar even happen? I haven't managed to find any evidence of its existence.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:34 AM   #290
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:

Just me?

I'm with you on this one.

I'm all for a new take on tmnt thats entirely comedic, as long as its done right (And by entirely comedic, I mean having no serious angles at all, which even incarnations like Rise and Fred Wolf have to a certain extent).

With a pure comedic series, atleast you aren't left wondering what the series could've been without censors since it will be based in comedy and lightheartedness from the start.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:05 AM   #291
garsh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm with you on this one.

I'm all for a new take on tmnt thats entirely comedic...
Dude you're blowing my shot at the award!

Honestly I'm pretty bored with drama and violence. I just wanna be entertained. Serious assassin vendetta business isn't what draws me to turts at all. I like them for the outcast / misfit element, the gross-out sewer-mutant angle, adolescent perspective -- pizza glorification! Maybe the ninja part is really only significant to me because of how endearingly silly it is to juxtapose that with turtles.

It's possible I would even be satisfied with a show that leans on a running gag about them believing themselves to be super cool ninjas, but really just incompetent goofballs who are full of themselves. My sister's late ex-husband was that sort of character; often citing the excellence of Bruce Lee and the like, mimicking those action movie kung fu gestures as if he could really fight that way. It's pretty hilarious for me to think back on that.

I'd be elated to see a very true-to-life live-action series, exactly like the original New Line movie, but that's just not very likely on Nickelodeon. So I'm hoping for something they could conceivably do, and potentially even do well.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:01 AM   #292
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Just make the Turtles into Ren and Stimpy with shells

Wouldn?t put it past Nick to do that in fairness
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #293
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only place I'd be fine with something that pokes fun at them with such foolishness would be as a series of web/YouTube shorts (or skits via SNL type shows or whatnot) that's intended sarcastically. The way Robot Chicken, College Humor via YouTube, those TMNT summer shorts as pictured, etc have done. Little one off things that can be laughed at and forgotten. That I could watch because you're not supposed to care about it.

A tv series like that however would just turn it into making fools of them instead. That's a problem because a series needs people to care, and enough to buy the merchandise to keep it profitable and going forward. And maybe that was one of the problems with Rise, it relied too heavily on episodes you don't have to care about and easily shrug off after seeing them, so it failed to make enough people feel invested.

Everything can't be Spongebob and just work out the same. No more than any other upstart shows, etc back in the day that tried to be like the Turtles ever reached their level of success. The lucky few among them are at least remembered.

I'll never understand people wanting to drastically change everything. If a viewer (or even show maker, etc) is so bored with who and what the Turtles are, to the point of wanting to ruin some of the important elements for their own amusement, then maybe another franchise would suit them better.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #294
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Just make the Turtles into Ren and Stimpy with shells

Wouldn?t put it past Nick to do that in fairness
I'm doubtful that something like Ren and Stimpy would ever be greenlit for Nickelodeon again in this day and age, considering how politically incorrect the original show was.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #295
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm doubtful that something like Ren and Stimpy would ever be greenlit for Nickelodeon again in this day and age, considering how politically incorrect the original show was.
RISE OF TMNT is so popular on social media that someone started a Change.org campaign to bring it back/stop its cancellation. It makes me feel like calling for the opposite is now an unpopular opinion.

I want a Pitched-black, adult TMNT without much humor IN CGI where TMNT look like Mirage TMNT/2K3 crossed over. Violence, action, blood, dirty, gritty series with mild adult language.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:12 PM   #296
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
RISE OF TMNT is so popular on social media that someone started a Change.org campaign to bring it back/stop its cancellation. It makes me feel like calling for the opposite is now an unpopular opinion.
It's unpopularity was why it got canceled in the first place. Those small minority of people don't get that petitions won't work.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:47 PM   #297
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It's unpopularity was why it got canceled in the first place. Those small minority of people don't get that petitions won't work.
As much as I hate to say it, LeotheLateBloomer is correct when it comes to petitions in general. I used to be somewhat active in a particular niche of a political issue, and, while I won't specify what issue for my sake (also because it's off topic), I do know that I generally had more luck with reaching the powers at be directly over making use of a change.org submission.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #298
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, it's their quarter, people can do what they wanna do. Nothing wrong with being heard, so long as one is realistic going into it as far as expectations.

The one and only time I've ever seen one of these petitions work, it was because the fans of a particular subject were far greater in number than people had assumed, and after years of being told they simply didn't exist, when given an opportunity to be heard they jumped on and refused to let go until they got their way. But even that was a rather extreme circumstance. If it hadn't turned out that there really were that many people who cared, it likely wouldn't have come to pass. If it really was "just a few nuts who didn't know how to let things go," as is usually the case, then no, their campaigning would have led to nothing.

But I mean, that's how you find out, so sure, let people write in. It'll prove once and for all just how many supporters exist. If there really are tons and tons of them, maybe they'll get what they're asking for. If it's just a handful of brand loyalists, then nothing will happen.

Either way, it's their stamp, and in the end we'll know how popular it really Is or Isn't. I know what I think, but eh, it's harmless. Let 'em try. In the outside chance it did come back, the people like me who didn't watch it still don't have to.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #299
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
RISE OF TMNT is so popular on social media that someone started a Change.org campaign to bring it back/stop its cancellation.
I think it's largely just a rather vocal minority who think they can change its fate if they yell loud enough. But a vocal minority clearly didn't make it profitable enough to keep it going.

If creating a petition makes someone feel like they're at least trying to do something about it, well it probably won't do a thing, but good luck to them.

If they wanted Nick to think it's reasonably popular then I guess they should have played crazy cat, er, turtle ladies/guys and stuffed their homes with excessive amounts of Rise merchandise, to make up for what other fans and kids weren't buying, but that doesn't sound too worth it in the end.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #300
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

^^^ That's totally fair. A great point, in fact. I still feel though, that TMNT is largely not what it was. I'm not the first to say it, but what TMNT is supposed to be kind of died with the 2003 show. The IDW comic book folks are delivering something that at least feels like the TMNT that existed in the 80's and 90's, BUT, the franchise has to lean more in that direction... something suitable for a teenage audience or adult audience that ten-year-olds can read or watch and appreciate...

It's not doing that. Saw a 3 minute clip of RISE on YT and that was enough for me to huff and start listening to the 1990 movie soundtrack just to get that dreck out of my brain. I made it into 2 seasons of the 2012 cartoon and just knew that with character redesigns and a different tone, that show could have been magic. RISE was doomed from the start.