The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How long until the PD plants come back?

Or are they already starting to come back?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

Andrew That briefly crossed my mind the other day...… and doesn't the drome have an easier system for verifying new members now too? You might have your work cut out ..

I wasn't on here back in 2014, so missed all of that. Do you think it would be less this time if this movie does actually go ahead? You know seen as we had a reboot recently already?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://www.sciencenews.org/sites/de..._feat_free.jpg

Or are they already starting to come back?
2021, that's the estimated release date of the next movie, right? Unless it leaks that Krang is Baxter Stockman's mutated brain or something, then it'll be 2023...

Anyway, can we just get something decently made finally? The fact that the "good" TMNT movies are:
  1. The one about surfer dude puppets fighting a Foot clan made up of runaway kids
  2. The low budget animated movie that feels like its script was a scrapped Brendan Fraser Mummy sequel
Simply feels wrong.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

As far as I'm concerned, anyone with a join date of 2014 or 2016 who returns from the void to talk up the new movie has a scarlet letter on them.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:00 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I think it's still gonna be a while, bud... At least until we actually know something about it.

As for the sensitive plants, since that's the pic you used, maybe a bit longer, sometime within the actual promoting, where they actually really start facing debates and eventually can't hold it together.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Does Trick or Treater count

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:28 PM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Does Trick or Treater count
no he isn't a plant he is just a troll
Old 01-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

I did notice that a few long-dormant people have suddenly started to chirp again, and they were among the fiercest defenders of BayTurtles.

No such thing as coincidence so... Hmm.

"Send in the Clowns!" "They're already here!"

It's pathetic that studios (and networks, AHEM) are so desperate to spin the cultural narrative in their favor that they insist on controlling message board conversations through proxies, but... Eh. What a time to be alive.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 01-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Brother, they never left...
Old 01-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah-ah.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
Vegita-San
Emperor

even the worst of the argumentative plants, or disney investors, will eventually meet the ban hammer eventually.. so it all works out in the end . somtimes it takes a while, though..and a political argument gone too far ;o)

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
even the worst of the argumentative plants, or disney investors, will eventually meet the ban hammer eventually..
Very few were outright banned. Most just went inactive after the blu-rays came out.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #14
AquaParade
Banned

Honestly, I didn't even notice any plants back in the day. I'm not ready to say there were any, but I'm not outright saying there weren't either. I just never noticed. Maybe I was skimming posts too fast, idk.

I have a hard time seeing a motivation for a bunch of plants to come here. We have zero influence on anything here, even if we are some of the biggest tmnt fans.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #15
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Shark Blade is still here.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I have a hard time seeing a motivation for a bunch of plants to come here. We have zero influence on anything here, even if we are some of the biggest tmnt fans.
The same reason Nickelodeon executives will hawk the board and demand that people be put in time out for saying things that they determine to be "mean" about their products.

It's all about controlling the narrative. Getting people to say and think what they, the corporation, want them to say and think. If not enough people are falling in line, they send people in to "direct" the conversation. Here, Facebook... anywhere on the internet where their products are being discussed.

They're not the only people who do it, keep in mind. Social media is huge business. Every big company that I'm aware of has people go "undercover" on their own websites and social media, as well as others, to increase positive comments and reduce negative ones. I've had to log in under an assumed name and leave online reviews about how awesome my company is; it's the marketing game in the 21st Century. If you can turn an entire "room" of people on to your line of thinking, that's a huge win.

It's cheap advertising, and it's absolutely happening everywhere. The fact that "we're the biggest TMNT fans" is all the motivation Nick needs to try and get your "vote" through forcible persuasion. They don't care what you think, BUT, they'd still really like your money.

They'd honestly be stupid NOT to do it, but it's f*cking annoying anyways.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #17
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The same reason Nickelodeon executives will hawk the board and demand that people be put in time out for saying things that they determine to be "mean" about their products.

It's all about controlling the narrative. Getting people to say and think what they, the corporation, want them to say and think. If not enough people are falling in line, they send people in to "direct" the conversation. Here, Facebook... anywhere on the internet where their products are being discussed.

They're not the only people who do it, keep in mind. Social media is huge business. Every big company that I'm aware of has people go "undercover" on their own websites and social media, as well as others, to increase positive comments and reduce negative ones. I've had to log in under an assumed name and leave online reviews about how awesome my company is; it's the marketing game in the 21st Century. If you can turn an entire "room" of people on to your line of thinking, that's a huge win.

It's cheap advertising, and it's absolutely happening everywhere. The fact that "we're the biggest TMNT fans" is all the motivation Nick needs to try and get your "vote" through forcible persuasion. They don't care what you think, BUT, they'd still really like your money.

I hear ya. Compelling argument and I'm not naive enough to think plants aren't all over social media these days. I guess the drome just feels like a dead-end to me for that sort of thing, as opposed to Facebook or something. You're def right about modern marketing tactics.

I guess I just need to see for myself. The Nickelodeon thing sounds interesting.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #18
Leo656
The Franchise

To be safe, I'm generally just sh*tty to everyone until they prove they can take it, and after that, we're cool. I figure if it's good enough for Real Life, it's good enough for this place.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's not about changing the minds of us old-timers... it's more making so much "positive" noise about the product they're shilling, that our opinions become drowned out so the casuals will ignore us and just hear their FAKE positivity.

Watch closely as it'll probably happen again. A bunch of them joined the board last time and immediately befriended each other (you know, within their profiles) and then would swarm anyone saying bad things about 2016 and 2014 before it.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

This is why 1984 was such a great book.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote