The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #381
Powder
So tired of this place

Totally rad. Is that just a tabletop display case, or is it frame that you can hang up? Must look pretty nifty on the wall, if it's the latter.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:08 PM   #382
NinjaRap
Random Punk

Hey, Ron, I just replied to your PM with the information that you requested. Your letter of authenticity definitely looks genuine to me. Mine actually has the same date as yours. The prop master sold a number of TMNT II props on eBay around that time. Michele Ivey grabbed an orange TGRI lab suit from him as well, which you can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mirqq2G6i1Q.

The bell suit looks bodacious. I always loved that scene as a kid. Thanks again for sharing!
NinjaRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:17 AM   #383
Ron
Thug

It's a wall frame, but because I have both suits into one, it doesn't close properly therefore need to buy a thicker one.

I will get the letter framed as well and hang it beside the frame.

Thanks again for the comments, and the help NinjaRap.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #384
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That is awesome. Love it! Nice find, and congrats.

Now I have a question- well, several, actually. Does anyone know what became of Mikey's teddy bear from the first and third movies? I thought it was in SotO as well, but I don't recall actually seeing it in that one. I'm really curious where it ended up, though, as it's one of my favorite props from the films. (Along with the lamp from movie three.)

And does anyone know where the scepter is? My hubby wants to know. Also anyone know where I could find one of the TGRI canisters- and the giant dandelions? We were just talking about some of the more unusual props, and while looking through screenshots of SotO for the bear(apparently it's not in that movie), I happened across one of "Freddy" finding the dandelions. Anyone know where they are? We just had a crazy idea of sticking them in a TGRI canister on the coffee table as a gag/conversation piece, LOL!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:15 AM   #385
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior

Ron... Loved looking at photos of the suit w/bells. Really takes me back to watching the movie. Thanks for sharing the photos.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #386
Chuquison
Thug

damn I wish I can find out when they sell these things.. I always find out after the facts... crap
Chuquison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #387
Dtroppe
Thug

Ninja Turtles 1 Bow Staff for sale

Hello,

I am a member of a movie props group on facebook. I always watch TMNT props as I would love to own some. An original BOW from the first film has come up for sale but is a bit too expensive for me.

Here is there information from the facebook group:

"This is Leif Tilden's Donatello bo staff prop from the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie (1990). A written and signed COA from Mr. Tilden will accompany this piece attesting that this is 100% the real deal. His rep is trying to find a new home for this great original prop, and I said I would help, so please PM me for more details if you're interested."

If interested PM me and ill get you the email address for the guy selling it and you can do the due diligence. I believe there is a $5,000 offer on the table right now.
Dtroppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #388
Powder
So tired of this place

Instagram find-

griff_est88: Hanging with #Michaelangelo #TMNT #TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles original costume from the third #Movie at Rick Stratton's #FX #Studio in #LA

Old 09-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #389
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I think I just saw that same bo on ebay a little while ago. Starting bid was indeed 500$, and it mentioned the letter from Leif. *sigh* As much as I'd love to bid....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #390
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior

Attachment 9664 Attachment 9665

Received Little Splinter a few years back, no paper work, so I never posted him.
But now I have exchanged enough information with some other collectors and the prop master, that I am pretty sure he is legit.
Not sure he was actually used in the movie, his hands have swollen a bit and he needs a good brushing and a nose job.
He has a open back with wires to move his hands and the cable moves his mouth open and shut.

Last edited by Navin Johnson; 04-10-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #391
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
Attachment 9664 Attachment 9665

Received Little Splinter a few years back, no paper work, so I never posted him.
But now I have exchanged enough information with some other collectors and the prop master, that I am pretty sure he is legit.
Not sure he was actually used in the movie, his hands have swollen a bit and he needs a good brushing and a nose job.
He has a open back with wires to move his hands and the cable moves his mouth open and shut.
This is pretty incredible. Did this used to be Stephan's? I think there were 2 floating around but I don't think his had the cable and wire.
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:50 PM   #392
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Just had a full on nerdgasm... This stuff is awesome.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #393
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgeoff View Post
This is pretty incredible. Did this used to be Stephan's? I think there were 2 floating around but I don't think his had the cable and wire.
No, Stephan's was a little different. His did not have the cable and wire, but it did have a tail and smaller hands. Pretty sure his was used in most of the movie scenes.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #394
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

I Was watching the original movie for the millionth time today and noticed something odd at the beginning of the movie.

When the turtles save April and Raphael forgets his sai, that it shows a completely different sai then what he's holding throughout the film. Even different then what April grabs just seconds later.

Back on page 19 of this thread it shows a few props from the north Carolina prop exibit and it actually has this on display. Someone thought it was foot sai.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #395
Powder
So tired of this place

Are you saying the sai in that museum is the same one as the screen cap? 'Cause it's definitely not. So it being a Foot sai or maybe a stunt weapon would make sense.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #396
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

No just thought it was odd that it changes to a completely different sai for no reason.

Just shows that several different weapons could have been used so maybe the one in the museum was screen used somewhere. Or just a backup for the production.

I know Leif tilden sold a bo staff on eBay recently which has a different type of leather than what's seen throughout the film and he stated they added it for him so it was easier to hold.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #397
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, I've seen variations on Leo's swords, too, for that matter. I guess there's test shots/prototypes, stunt weapons, back-ups, & perhaps also some inconsistencies across screen-used ones. I guess that'd be something to look for in future viewings.

However!

Given those props all seem not to be screen used, my guess is it's one of those pre-production typa things. Figuring out the look & whatnot.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #398
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior

re-posting a few pic's of Raph 3 stunt head for a fellow domer to compare to his Donny 3 head.
Attachment 9729Attachment 9730

Attachment 9731Attachment 9732

Last edited by Navin Johnson; 04-10-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #399
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

In case anyone missed it, there are a few original Foot Soldier costume pieces on eBay in a single lot. Pricey, but way cool. I would go for it, but I already have a Foot mask/headband. The gaunlets and shoes just aren't worth $5K to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...EAAOSwnLdWrrIE
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #400
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
In case anyone missed it, there are a few original Foot Soldier costume pieces on eBay in a single lot. Pricey, but way cool. I would go for it, but I already have a Foot mask/headband. The gaunlets and shoes just aren't worth $5K to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...EAAOSwnLdWrrIE
Wow, that's an awesome lot! It all looks to be in great condition, too. Would be a sweet score for anyone who has $5k to blow.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote