The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #41
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just found another Interview, But from Comic Book Resources, He talks a bit about the movie here too.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52369

Here's the bit about the new movie.
Quote:
Switching gears, the new "TMNT" movie isn't far away. What's it like to finally it opening just around the corner?

It's been a four, almost five-year journey to bring the next "Turtles" movie to life since the time we pitched it. I know everybody is like, "Oh, Michael Bay, Michael Bay, Michael Bay, he's gonna ruin it! He's gonna destroy it!" But everyone I have encountered has been nothing more than incredibly sincere to try and bring the Turtles back in a way that's new, fresh and exciting, but with total respect to everything that's come before. I've read the script. I have a cameo in the move. It's awesome -- really fun.

What they've done with the film is going to make fans incredibly happy, including myself. The vision is awesome, the effects are incredible and the story will be something everybody can relate to and like. I'll leave it out there for the fans to let us know what they like in the end, but I'm very proud to be part of it. A lot of people are going to be surprised.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #42
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Just found a new Interview with Kevin Eastman talking about the new movie, Check it out at the 9:30 mark.

You beat me to it twice lol hahaha this you tube video is great. Warning thought the audio during the interview is bad

Quote:
Just found another Interview, But from Comic Book Resources, He talks a bit about the movie here too.

I also like this interview it baffles me every time some says the dont want this movie to do well because they feel they dont care enough about it im sorry but this doesn't sound like they don't care. It sounds like the really do care and care alot

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #43
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I found another Kevin Eastman Interview, This one is from Calgary Expo which happened this month.
http://soundcloud.com/chris-doucher/...xpo-april-2014
Old 04-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #44
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I also like this interview it baffles me every time some says the dont want this movie to do well because they feel they dont care enough about it im sorry but this doesn't sound like they don't care. It sounds like the really do care and care alot
It baffles me every time someone takes comments by people involved with the movie at face value despite them being caught out in lies or mounting evidence to contrary.

Kevin was praising this movie and saying similar things when they still had that awful Blue Door script and I think we can all agree that script was not a "total respect to everything that has come before".
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #45
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
It baffles me every time someone takes comments by people involved with the movie at face value despite them being caught out in lies or mounting evidence to contrary.

Kevin was praising this movie and saying similar things when they still had that awful Blue Door script and I think we can all agree that script was not a "total respect to everything that has come before".
Old 04-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #46
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Just found a new Interview with Kevin Eastman talking about the new movie, Check it out at the 9:30 mark.

Kevin talks about Slash being based on a character from the black and white comics. I never heard that before what character is he talking about?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #47
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:

I mean, I have tons of respect for Kevin, I'm glad he's involved with the franchise again, and his IDW work in particular has made me very happy. But he has generally always been very supportive and positive about the franchise as a whole, no matter how far it's strayed from the original vision, even if certain elements have been... poorly-regarded.

I've said it before, but more power to him. He sold his rights a while ago, but he's still being consulted and involved in things and still given a (well-deserved) spotlight. And he's gotta be super happy to see the TMNT still in the spotlight 30 years after that first comic was published. I totally appreciate what he's done and what he's doing - but he's also invested in talking things up in a way others might not be. I'd never besmirch him for that -- again, this man is a huge, key inspiration to me in many ways, and I respect him an absolute ton -- but his approval isn't necessarily an objective endorsement.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #48
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:

Thank you for posting this and thank you to the other guys that posted the other stuff. I like Eastman and the fact that he seems to be a classy fella. I love the IDW stuff that ive read so far. Cant wait to see this : )
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #49
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:

Which is why he was brought in to work on the script. BD script was before the New screen writer was brought in, before Johnathan was brought on and before they Pushed the movie back almost a full year for SCRIPT REWRITES. why why push it back and have these new people come in just to keep the same script.You seriously think they kept all the bad parts of the script and just skipped nearly a full years worth of time to rewrite the movie? Yup seems legit.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #50
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Kevin talks about Slash being based on a character from the black and white comics. I never heard that before what character is he talking about?
I think it's possible he means the new Nicktoon version which has some similarities to the character Snapper from a short story by Rick McCollum in the Turtle Soup anthology seres about Raphael fighting April's new pet turtle which transforn into a Tokka-esque mutant.

Although the story is in colour so that may not be what he's referring to.

Quote:
Which is why he was brought in to work on the script. BD script was before the New screen writer was brought in, before Johnathan was brought on and before they Pushed the movie back almost a full year for SCRIPT REWRITES. why why push it back and have these new people come in just to keep the same script.You seriously think they kept all the bad parts of the script and just skipped nearly a full years worth of time to rewrite the movie? Yup seems legit.
Where on earth do you get the idea that Kevin was brought in to work on any script?

That's an outlandish claim which as far as I know has nothing to support it.

Kevin was claiming he'd read the script and was praising it way before it leaked and the movie was delayed to re-write it.

Let's not forget that Michael Bay claimed that script was not associated with Platinum Dunes and had long been ditched. Of course I think even you would have to concede that now seems like a bald face lie on his part so why should we trust anything he says?

Also it was way before that, around the time of Bay's alien race comment that Kevin made out like it wouldn't be a big deal if the turtles were aliens but rather bizarrely claimed the turtles were aliens in the comics - not that they had an alien aspect to their origin like Jonathan Leibesman pointed out to make a similar ill fitting point - but that if you read the comics you'd see they were aliens. I'd say this is a good sign he'd say anything to support this product.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #51
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Where on earth do you get the idea that Kevin was brought in to work on any script?

That's an outlandish claim which as far as I know has nothing to support it.
Except he, Johnathan, and Evan said other wise

Quote:
Kevin was claiming he'd read the script and was praising it way before it leaked and the movie was delayed to re-write it.
Not really all the info i have seen were from interviews and such after bay's anouncement of the changed script.

Quote:
Let's not forget that Michael Bay claimed that script was not associated with Platinum Dunes and had long been ditched. Of course I think even you would have to concede that now seems like a bald face lie on his part so why should we trust anything he says?
OK on thing that gets me is that Most of the people on these forum dont have any "movie" experience and none of use has dealt with a Hollywood movie on a level in which we can say how the inner workings work. That being said was Bay name on the script does it have Platinum Dune on the script. No its all Paramount Done Via Viacom. And i dont see it as a bald face lie Because your basing this "judgment" off of a time stamp on the trailer that could be really anything When it was written when it was original scheduled to shoot many other reasons.
And it get me How "people" can hold such a double standard "Oh Marvel can do no wrong" and believe anything they say yet Because you don't like Mbay automatically everyone involved is now a lair cheat and thief.

Quote:
Also it was way before that, around the time of Bay's alien race comment that Kevin made out like it wouldn't be a big deal if the turtles were aliens but rather bizarrely claimed the turtles were aliens in the comics - not that they had an alien aspect to their origin like Jonathan Leibesman pointed out to make a similar ill fitting point - but that if you read the comics you'd see they were aliens. I'd say this is a good sign he'd say anything to support this product.
Not really. I remember seeing some interviews and such about him seeing thing's and he has said is been a part of the production for almost 4 years But the substantial Info I have seen is that he was brought in to Talk and discus and enlighten Johnathan who was only brought on about a year ago maybe. about the story characters and setting. ANd another interview about being brought in to help Evan(who was brought on After they push the release date about a year), Nemec, and (other) with writing the script.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #52
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Except he, Johnathan, and Evan said other wise
I don't suppose you could find a quote saying Kevin was working on the script.

Quote:
Not really all the info i have seen were from interviews and such after bay's anouncement of the changed script.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37758

"I had been invited to check out the TMNT film development by my friend Scott Mednick over the years, and a while back had a full look behind the curtian [sic] at what writers Appelbaum and Nemec, director Liebesman, and producer Bay are doing--and trust me--it IS AWESOME. I'm officially on board, and will share more as I'm allowed... thanks all!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...wh-LHa-5lQ#%21

" am officially consulting on the movie and what they have come up with so far I think is just fantastic… whatever you’ve heard. Just wait.

Quote:
OK on thing that gets me is that Most of the people on these forum dont have any "movie" experience and none of use has dealt with a Hollywood movie on a level in which we can say how the inner workings work. That being said was Bay name on the script does it have Platinum Dune on the script. No its all Paramount Done Via Viacom. And i dont see it as a bald face lie Because your basing this "judgment" off of a time stamp on the trailer that could be really anything When it was written when it was original scheduled to shoot many other reasons.
And it get me How "people" can hold such a double standard "Oh Marvel can do no wrong" and believe anything they say yet Because you don't like Mbay automatically everyone involved is now a lair cheat and thief.
That's a rather big assumption that no one on here has any experience in the field of making movies.

It's also an even bigger leap to to assume that because a person hasn't worked in a particular industry they have no clue about it. I'd say these days your average joe knows more than ever about how Hollywood makes movies.

I'm not stating the fact that script was what Platinum Dunes was working with on a time stamp on on a trailer but rather the script was dated after Bay came to be involved and several elements of that script are present in what they are shooting. These are facts.

Does anyone other than Bay deny that script was the real deal and the turtles were supposed to be aliens anyway? It seems Leibesman doesn't quite know how to respond to that kind of enquiry. But yes - Bay lied.

Quote:
Not really. I remember seeing some interviews and such about him seeing thing's and he has said is been a part of the production for almost 4 years But the substantial Info I have seen is that he was brought in to Talk and discus and enlighten Johnathan who was only brought on about a year ago maybe. about the story characters and setting. ANd another interview about being brought in to help Evan(who was brought on After they push the release date about a year), Nemec, and (other) with writing the script.
Y'see if Kevin was brought in..or rather brought back in after he was apparently let go quite late on it in the game it doesn't seem like he's have much influence as Jonathan Leibesman would have us believe ie: that it's all from Kevin's head. I wouldn't go as far as say he's lying but it certainly seems to be deliberately misleading people into creating the impression Kevin was involved throughout the whole process.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #53
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

OK on thing that gets me is that Most of the people on these forum dont have any "movie" experience and none of use has dealt with a Hollywood movie on a level in which we can say how the inner workings work.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3958363/

and i know im not the only one here, infact many of us have told you before about films we have worked on

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #54
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
http://media0.giphy.com/media/OnnUZxcHsbBN6/giphy.gif

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3958363/

and i know im not the only one here, infact many of us have told you before about films we have worked on
n all honesty this is the first time i heard anything major from you or anyone. I know you've said you working the industry but idk what anyone would classify "experience" IM not trying to be rude or a jerk but iv had friends who were in movies as well doesn't mean they no the ins and outs of the movie industry, I admire what you do and thats great but im sorry i dont really have the feeling you understand full production of a 100 mil budget movie(script writing, production, casting calls, etc etc etc)

As for anyone else I haven't seen any evidence nor out right I've worked on movie (of similar value)

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 04-26-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #55
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
n all honesty this is the first time i heard anything major from you or anyone. I know you've said you working the industry but idk what anyone would classify "experience"

how about sammartin

man wish i knew my entire school career was a big ol waste of time

Quote:
As for anyone else I haven't seen any evidence nor out right I've worked on movie (of similar value)
by the way thats not what you originally asked for

you said

Quote:
OK on thing that gets me is that Most of the people on these forum dont have any "movie" experience and none of use has dealt with a Hollywood movie on a level in which we can say how the inner workings work.

no matter the level all behind the scenes workings are the same...and yes i have dealt with every department...but thats another story

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 04-26-2014 at 09:10 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #56
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

http://www.latino-review.com/2013/05...-the-avengers/

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=70189

http://www.examiner.com/article/kevi...comic-con-nola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDstNXFWtn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbsGj2G0hQo

http://screenrant.com/ninja-turtles-...kevin-eastman/

http://www.movieweb.com/news/teenage...ript-fantastic

http://www.movieweb.com/news/ninja-t...ate-the-script

http://www.movieweb.com/comic-con/20...-kevin-eastman

http://www.movieweb.com/news/creator...-longtime-fans

there are a couple repeats but these are the major ones after the"leaked Script" was addressed and dealt with.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #57
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
how about sammartin

What's going on?
sethmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #58
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
n all honesty this is the first time i heard anything major from you or anyone. I know you've said you working the industry but idk what anyone would classify "experience" IM not trying to be rude or a jerk but iv had friends who were in movies as well doesn't mean they no the ins and outs of the movie industry, I admire what you do and thats great but im sorry i dont really have the feeling you understand full production of a 100 mil budget movie(script writing, production, casting calls, etc etc etc)

Out of curiosity, what do you know what it's like to be working on a 100 million dollar project? Hmmmmmmm........... Maybe it's not as difficult as you think it is.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #59
Puddinpop
Banned

Sheesh

Can we stop arguing?? Im sure the topic isn't " lets prove who did what" .. This is ridiculous. Anyways. If this film ends up being the worst thing ever then im sure it will hurt Kevin's credibility even more. Im sure he knows that. It will hurt Everyone's carrier when it comes to trust from fans. So I hope they know what they're doing. I think it will turn out well
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #60
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
there are a couple repeats but these are the major ones after the"leaked Script" was addressed and dealt with.
So? No one has said Kevin hasn't commented since the script leaked andwas rewritten. The point was Kevin did comment equally as positively when prior to that.

Tags
kevin eastman, live action films