The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 09-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Marvel Announces Guardians of The Galaxy Comic Relaunch Jan 2019

Although the future of the Guardians of the Galaxy film franchise remains uncertain, fans won’t have to wait long to see the title return to comic book shelves.

Marvel released a cryptic image today asking, “#WhoAreTheGuardians?” Fans will find out in January 2019 according to the post.

The image includes team members from the most recent book that ended in 2017 such as Star-Lord and Drax as well as some surprise Marvel characters including Cosmic Ghost Rider and Thor.

The announcement also revealed Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw for the creative team. The two previously collaborated on Marvel titles including Cosmic Ghost Rider and Thanos.

Cates tweeted his excitement about the new project, promising “insane plans” for the book.

The book’s launch will coincide with the conclusion of the Infinity Wars limited series currently running that features several Guardians characters. Written by Gerry Duggan, the comic run connects to the last Guardians of the Galaxy run released by Marvel which was canceled for low sales.

It seems likely this new book will connect to Infinity Wars, which is why Marvel is keeping all the details under wraps for now.

It’s also possible Marvel is saving more details on Guardians of the Galaxy for New York Comic Con, which will happen a few weeks before January solicits are released.

Given the number of characters included in the teaser image, it looks like the book could have an epic level event in store.

Will you be adding the new Guardians of the Galaxy book to your pull list?

http://themarvelreport.com/2018/09/m...omic-relaunch/
Old 10-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

4 of the members have been announced

Cosmic Ghost Rider Gladiator MoonDragon and Beta Ray Bill

Old 10-10-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

If the original Quasar was a power player on this team, I'd be all in. I love cosmic books, but Marvel's re-launch after re-launch over the last 10 or 11 years have really broken my back on new comic buying.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Nova Phyla-Vell and Darkhawk have been added to the roster
Old 10-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The final 3 people are Groot Star Lord and Silver Surfer. 6 of these cosmic heroes will be the new Guardians

Old 10-12-2018, 10:24 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I'm in this for Cosmic Ghost Rider alone
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote