The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #8141
Super Moderator

I played Ocarina for 3DS at Gamestop the other day, and it was awesome. Too bad 3DS has some rather annoying problems, like people claiming due to the lack of effective feet to keep the bottom screen from scratching the top screen. That's...kind of a deal breaker.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #8142
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Has anyone else read Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America?

I just finished it (read it in like 3 days), it was fantastic. Really, really dug it. Almost makes me overlook Nintendo's craziness.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #8143
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro View Post
Here's what they should do. It's not what they will do, but anyway...

They should give away the control expansion to everyone who bought the 3DS. They can't do a recall. It'd destroy their finances. I get that. But charging $10 for what is essentially a clunky correction to their initial mistake is kinda' added insult to those who already paid $250 for the 3DS. They should give away the expansion, inform early adopters through an in-system update containing information about how to claim their free "upgrade", and then get out a new dual analog replacement model (which I WON'T buy if it features a "diminished" 3D effect) as fast as possible.

That said, they'll probably support this thing as much as they supported the Classic Controller. They should have never even announced the damn thing. Just more bad PR damage. The kind of games they make don't need two sticks. Never have. The kind of games that do are probably going to Vita anyhow.
The thing we don't know yet is if this analog add-on is going to be used very specifically with Monster Hunter only. If that's the case, who cares. If, at some point, I'm going to need that analog add-on to play games Nintendo puts out...that's going to be a different story. If it's $10, whatever, but my main problem is that it simply looks f*cking terrible. The one thing that'll make this the absolute worst move ever is if they release an updated 3DS model that has two analog sticks, I'm going to lose my ****.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #8144
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The one thing that'll make this the absolute worst move ever is if they release an updated 3DS model that has two analog sticks, I'm going to lose my ****.
Dude, you know it's going to happen. The only reason Nintendo is releasing this ugly add-on is so that people won't be too pissed when they release the dual analog 3DS sometime next year. The problem is just that people are going to be pissed anyway.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #8145
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

They can't possibly be that crazy, can they? Oh wait, I just answered my own question. Ugh. The thing is, first party Nintendo games almost never use two sticks anyway. They don't need the damn thing. I agree that the DS needs a hardware revision. The original has some flaws (poorly designed Start/Select buttons, slightly stiff D-pad, smaller upper screen, blah blah), but none of them are dealbreakers though. I'd love a 3DS Lite with a bigger screen, higher resolution and upscaled graphics, plus a better battery and slimmer form factor. That'd be awesome.

Ah, we'll find out this week I suppose. Here's hoping they're not batsh*t insane.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #8146
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Has anyone else read Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America?

I just finished it (read it in like 3 days), it was fantastic. Really, really dug it. Almost makes me overlook Nintendo's craziness.
i want to find that now

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #8147
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I thought this was funny, yet awesome as hell. Contains language, so I'll just post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzeREh_m1Mk

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #8148
Peanut
Second Gear

I sat through the terrible "jump cut between every other word because I have no original ideas" bullsh*t to see some more unoriginal sh*t. It's great to read the comments and see the kind of people who find that trash funny.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #8149
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Do you have to hate everything that I like? SERIOUSLY.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #8150
Super Moderator

Too black for me!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #8151
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

You know a white guy probably would've done the exact same thing.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #8152
Turo602
The King of Kings

Is this seriously wtf we're talking about? After all the Nintendo news that was just announced recently?

Skyward Sword looks very amazing.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #8153
Super Moderator

Grinding for components to upgrade your weapons doesn't seem very appealing to me. We may not get another Zelda ever again at this rate...

...and that's about it from the Nintendo's announcements.

So yeah, that video was too black. But I guess a white guy could've done it.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #8154
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Is this seriously wtf we're talking about? After all the Nintendo news that was just announced recently?

Skyward Sword looks very amazing.
What Nintendo news? Minor announcements, some release dates and delays and yet another Zelda game? TONS TO TALK ABOUT!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #8155
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
What Nintendo news? Minor announcements, some release dates and delays and yet another Zelda game? TONS TO TALK ABOUT!
I don't know, I just thought that this being a Nintendo Thread it would be the proper thing to talk about. Personally, I wasn't too interested about the announcements. The huge Zelda blowout is what did it for me but who knows? Maybe other people might have been interested in the other things. Just trying to stir up some game talk.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #8156
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I don't know, I just thought that this being a Nintendo Thread it would be the proper thing to talk about. Personally, I wasn't too interested about the announcements. The huge Zelda blowout is what did it for me but who knows? Maybe other people might have been interested in the other things. Just trying to stir up some game talk.
I like Nintendo. Do you?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #8157
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Skyward Sword looks amazing to me. Same dude from Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 doing the music with Koji, and the game was directed by the guy who did the two Oracles/Minish Cap. Lots of JRPGs coming to 3DS. Nintendo carpet bagged Sony by stealing Monster Hunter. Circle Pad extension still looks f*cking retarded but seems to work well. Either way, it doesn't matter. Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7 will sell truckloads of units.

Pissed that Kid Icarus got delayed, but glad it won't get lost in the shuffle. They probably decided to take a couple of months to add dual analog support. good call.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #8158
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

For the people who have 3DS's, what do you think of them? personally, there aren't any games that i feel i need to have on the system so i have yet to be impressed/persuaded by it.

And this add on stuff, has the video game industry seriously not learned anything from the 32x?

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #8159
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
For the people who have 3DS's, what do you think of them? personally, there aren't any games that i feel i need to have on the system so i have yet to be impressed/persuaded by it.

And this add on stuff, has the video game industry seriously not learned anything from the 32x?
I plan to get one in October once tetris comes out

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #8160
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro View Post
Pissed that Kid Icarus got delayed, but glad it won't get lost in the shuffle. They probably decided to take a couple of months to add dual analog support. good call.
People actually give a sh*t about that trash? Wow.

They make that game require the add-on and they should expect sub-Other M numbers. Actually, they should expect that anyways, the add-on will just guarantee it.