The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #41
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky Poo Pie Head View Post
Have to say, Im in this camp. Ive not read one IDW book and have been waiting for something like this to come along. Pre order is in! Now, ill get to see what all the fuss is about.

You of all people have not read a single IDW issue? How is this possible
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #42
funatic
Mad Scientist

looks like we have a cover image on amazon now. Kind of an IDW version of the last big Mirage trade. I'm guessing we'll get featuring each turtle for the first 4 volumes.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #43
AquaParade
Banned

I love the cover. Dan Duncan does such great work.

The listing shows it as being a standard size book. I'm hoping this is an error.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #44
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Well, the only way it helps catching up is the fact it contains more then 4 TPBS (1-3, Hero micros 1), for a much cheaper price (and much bigger page size) then buying the 4 TPBs seperatedly.

Also, I can't wait to get this. The way I read IDW is kinda "grey area", so I'll finally can start collecting it legally in all sense, because I wait for this HC, since a year at least.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #45
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Also, I can't wait to get this. The way I read IDW is kinda "grey area", so I'll finally can start collecting it legally in all sense, because I wait for this HC, since a year at least.
What happens in Hungary stays in Hungary
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #46
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
What happens in Hungary stays in Hungary
Definitely.

But seriously, I like this comic, and I wanna support it, but the digital version was region-locked out from Hungary, and I already had an arrear by not having any of the TPBs, because I started reading around Krang War's last issue, so I waited for the HC to start the collection.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #47
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Questions...

So I see this thread started back in April 2014...and I just looked at my preorder and see that its been pushed to April 2015. I've never bought an IDW book before but am excited to get my hands on this. Does that April 2015 sound about right? Has anybody heard anything more about this? Should I be expecting this sometime further down the road...or not at all? Just don't know how IDW works...
Old 02-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #48
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Amazon has it listed as April 7. Other places were recently taking pre-orders too, and there's a final cover and everything up. So yeah, hopefully that date is right.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #49
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Amazon has it listed as April 7. Other places were recently taking pre-orders too, and there's a final cover and everything up. So yeah, hopefully that date is right.
Well the date's been moving is why I ask. Just turned to April, was sometime in March before. So just curious if I might expect it to keep moving around or not...
Old 02-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
These are the ones I was waiting for. I have every issue of the singles bagged in chronological order for re-reads, and that's how I wanted them collected. Only thing that would make it better would be if the Infestation issues snuck in there too, but they're not vital.

So I'm guessing volume two will be #13-20, with Casey, April, Fugitoid, Krang & Baxter mixed in, plus Secret History of the Foot. That would be 17 issues as well.
I've been trying to figure out which issues will most likely be in the second hardcover volume too. I hope the annual is included, so that I can just have the hardcovers on my shelf and have it be the complete collection (of course minus the Infestation issues and some of the short stories not published in main IDW issues, like the Hero Comics short).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder why the Infestation 2-parter is never included in stuff like this. Its never been referenced in the main series either, almost as if its non-canonical.

It's really odd, because it was a fun filler story with the Turtles fighting monsters/demons which is totally different than all the other stuff in IDW.
It is a pretty good story. Maybe one day IDW will have enough for their own Tales of TMNT-type collection

Quote:
I saw April 21st listed on Amazon as of today
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #51
sdp
-

I am so confused by all the Trades and collections IDW has done, I'm truly overwhelmed by the options and have no idea what to get or what I want to get. It might be easy for people who frequent this section of the forum but for me who just searches on amazon and gets dozens of different trades by IDW it's too much.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #52
Mormegil
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I am so confused by all the Trades and collections IDW has done, I'm truly overwhelmed by the options and have no idea what to get or what I want to get. It might be easy for people who frequent this section of the forum but for me who just searches on amazon and gets dozens of different trades by IDW it's too much.
I feel that way about comics in general. It's just 1 more reason why a lot of people don't get into comics.

That being said wikipedia and Google searches are your friend. No matter what comic your talking about, most issues can be solved with a Google search and 30 min of reading
Mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #53
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
If you don't have anything yet, this is the book to get. First 12 issues with the first micro series spliced in between for proper reading order - hard to beat that. If you can wait and stick with these big hard cover collections, you won't have to be confused anymore.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #54
AquaParade
Banned

So excited.

Let's just hope they get the ball rolling on a vol 2 release before the end of the year. they have built up quite a bit of wiggle room between the hc's and the single issues. Shouldn't be too long.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #55
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I don't have any IDW modern trades yet, I pre ordered this.... Is it the best option to get over the smaller trades?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:33 AM   #56
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I don't have any IDW modern trades yet, I pre ordered this.... Is it the best option to get over the smaller trades?
Absolutely. All the content of the smaller trades, but arranged in a coherent reading order. The ideal presentation.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:42 AM   #57
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Absolutely. All the content of the smaller trades, but arranged in a coherent reading order. The ideal presentation.

Great thanks, I am looking forward to this.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #58
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Just looked and now Amazon has it at April 21...I wish it would stop moving back as I want this book so bad!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #59
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

I might pick this up as well. I have all the floppies, but it would be nice to have this to paw through for future readings.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #60
~Donatello~
Random Punk

Release date

It appears the date has been moved back once again. Amazon has it listed as July 7
~Donatello~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt