The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #3161
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
WOW! You must be a paid mouthpiece for Nickelodeon. You'll defend anything no matter how stupid.
at least for this iteration. wait until the next show comes along and it's the greatest thing ever TM/R All Rights Reserved.. although i doubt cube is a plant, it would explain some behavior. heh.

I also doubt nick cares about damage control at this point. It's pretty clear once the sales and ratings started to drop, they stopped caring about this show.

What I don't get, and would like an answer too.. is if they didn't intend for this to be the finale, why did they greenlight the story in the first place? that part of it makes no sense. unless they just wanted to throw a bone to the creative team, and 'changed their mind' later.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #3162
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
at least for this iteration. wait until the next show comes along and it's the greatest thing ever TM/R All Rights Reserved.. although i doubt cube is a plant, it would explain some behavior. heh.

I also doubt nick cares about damage control at this point. It's pretty clear once the sales and ratings started to drop, they stopped caring about this show.

What I don't get, and would like an answer too.. is if they didn't intend for this to be the finale, why did they greenlight the story in the first place? that part of it makes no sense. unless they just wanted to throw a bone to the creative team, and 'changed their mind' later.
a bunch of the episodes were expired by some classic horror movies, Brandon is a huge fan of the horror genre, so I guess they tried to get away with as much as they could, with the Mutant Apocalypse arc, Brandon must be a huge fan of the Mad Max Franchise.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #3163
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Your statement is nonsensical. The people that are in charge of scheduling is a part of Nickelodeon and therefore a part of the company. For Nick/Viacom to not be more hands on with how things are scheduled is a fallacy of the company. I find it hard to believe that Nick has no control over this or is unaware.
Don't pretend that something is nonsensical just because you don't know how it works. That's straight ignorant.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #3164
THGhost
Puppet Master

Just watched the 3-part finale "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady"/"The Foot Walks Again!"/"The Big Blowout". It was pretty amazing. Really gonna miss this show but am also looking forward to the upcoming 2D series.

It's been wild, TMNT 2K12.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:19 PM   #3165
DVD
Mad Scientist

I’ve enjoyed the season a lot.
The format was an interesting departure, and quite bold.
Taking a series of stand alone stories and creating effectively a set of hour long specials was cool. Yeah, I liked that.
The stories themselves have all been interesting and diverse, so no chance to get bored. The Monsters arc was particularly well done.

The final 3 episodes are waiting to be watched tonight. I had to scan through them this morning, and I just loved how this set looks. So when I get home tonight, I’m ordering pizza , cracking open a beer and sitting down to TMNT: end of the current era..... until I ‘rewind’ and watch the dvd sets.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #3166
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I finally finished the season as well. Watched the Monster arc on Halloween night. It was fun, but felt a tad overlong. Like many have noted, it might have been more enjoyable to a degree if the horror homages hadn't been so rampant throughout the entire series (and for the record, I'm not complaining about those whatsoever - I actually enjoyed the great majority of them myself, but I love horror big time so yeah, lol). This just felt kind of "been there, done that" in a way. It wasn't BAD, but it was not a high watermark for the final season IMO. And I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was like WTF at Dracula running around in sunlight at the very end lol.

The "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" 3-parter was fun, but again, I think it suffers from feeling like something we've already seen before in the prior 2012 crossover and even in "Turtles Forever." I disagree with many complaining about the treatment of the OT Turtles in this though - I thought it might've been their best shake yet in this sort of venue. At least this time they were shown how to fight more effectively and they kind of stepped up to being better than they were initially portrayed as being in this universe. Shredder and Krang were fun at first but kind of annoying after 2 episodes. The whole "constant berating thing" just becomes less amusing when it's so forced as a gag lol. Still, a fun watch overall. It was cool seeing everyone in this too, from Casey and April, to most of the Mutianimals as well. I can see how many would prefer this to be the end of the series because of that. It felt like a proper goodbye to several other characters.

Which leads me to "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse" and man... I gotta eat some crow here lol. I DREADED watching this after reading the spoilers and the divisive opinions on it for nearly 2 months. But yesterday, I took the plunge. All I can say is WOW. This thing really is INCREDIBLE. Intense, amazing action and pacing, and honestly... I think it's by far one of the finest things the team produced for this series and that's really saying something. The scope and feeling of this was IMMENSE. Yes, it was sad and bittersweet in all the ways that have been mentioned, but I think it maintains the wit, fun and infectious energy the 2012 series carried so well overall for 5 years. I was more surprised than anyone that I enjoyed this as much as I did. I expected to dislike it just because the impressions I got outside looking in put a bad taste in my mouth. It feels very good to be proven wrong in this case. This was an absolute masterpiece IMO. The only flaw I might agree with is the somewhat rushed resolution with Leo at the end, but it was still hard-hitting stuff (I CRIED at the "I love you" moment - I mean it SLAYED me). Beautiful final moments too. If you were initially like me and hesitant to watch and accept this as the real, true "ending," then give it a shot - you may be surprised by how much you actually accept it and love the hell out of it.

That said, it sucks it's all over now, but damn, what a ride. Definitely my fave TMNT series to date and will likely remain so until I'm not breathing. Love you TMNT 2012. You will be sorely and truly missed.

And yes, my vote is the Ice Cream Kitty music video is their joyous afterlife lol.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:02 AM   #3167
CyberCubed
Overlord

Regarding the finale, I kinda wish Don placed himself in Fugitoids body rather than Metalhead. For some reason I think it would have been nice to see Fugitoid in the finale in some form.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:26 AM   #3168
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'd like to have seen Fugitoid but as himself. As Donnie created Metalhead it kinda suited that he used him.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #3169
matteso586
Stone Warrior

At least Donnie (in the debatable alternate timeline) has become more similar to Fugitoid. As they're both geniuses that got their consciousness transferred into a robot.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #3170
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Didn't know where else to post this and I don't think its been put on here before, but Nick made a Tales of the Tmnt rap

FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #3171
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, that was pretty fun, even if it had some glaring errors like calling Usagi a mutant rabbit, and spelling 80's Krang as "Kraang" but oh well.

Man, I miss this show already. Here's hoping we can get a movie years down the line revisiting it.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #3172
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

It was cheesy but still fun like Go Ninja Go.

I even remember Nick did a Mutant rap, a parody of the Pokerap
Old 12-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #3173
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Hi all!
A fast question...please!

Nop...i didnt see yet 5 season...i know it will be 20 chapters....
Its going to start this January 2018 on DVD on my country so i prefer wait...and no see spoilers about it...

Just asking...now:is there announced in USA Season 6? or 5 is the final one ...and then we get: the raise of tmnt 2D series anounce recently for 2018?

thanks for the answer!
Keep in touch still with TMNT universe...just slowly from overseas
Old 12-26-2017, 01:58 PM   #3174
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Yep, season 5 is the final season of this show.

The 26 episodes ordered for 2018 are for the new 2D show, Rise of the tmnt. Don't know exactly when it will air, but I have a feeling we will see the designs soon enough.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #3175
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Yep, season 5 is the final season of this show.

The 26 episodes ordered for 2018 are for the new 2D show, Rise of the tmnt. Don't know exactly when it will air, but I have a feeling we will see the designs soon enough.
Probably september.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:03 AM   #3176
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

yay! thanks so much answers!!
Old 12-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #3177
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

I'm watching season 5 in this week in random order, I have now only the Monsters-arc left. I have to say, this is clearly my favourite season of this series, and perhaps my favourite season of any TMNT-series at all.

There is a deep love for the franchise in it - and for us fans too. I think the series wanted to say goodbye with something special for the fans - and they succeded. If I think at the 2k3-series, the first 3 seasons were great, 4 & 5 was mixed and the last two were dull for me.

Here we had a mixed start, but the show grew permanently better, and reached it's peak in the last season.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #3178
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 5 had a very good format of splitting things down into arcs. I imagine if the show got another season they would have continued doing that.

Quote:
'm watching season 5 in this week in random order, I have now only the Monsters-arc left. I have to say, this is clearly my favourite season of this series, and perhaps my favourite season of any TMNT-series at all.

There is a deep love for the franchise in it - and for us fans too. I think the series wanted to say goodbye with something special for the fans - and they succeded. If I think at the 2k3-series, the first 3 seasons were great, 4 & 5 was mixed and the last two were dull for me.
2k3 Season 4 was really great, it had a slow start in the first 4ish eps in Northampton but it picked up. I like it almost as much as Season 3. Ninja Tribunal was a great arc that mixed TMNT lore with magic and powers, I just wish they left out the human acolytes. Fast Forwards greatest strength was its mass of new villains, aside from the awful Triple Threat, all the others were great.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:30 AM   #3179
theclaw
Mouser

I'm still reeling from season 5's ending. Emotional sendoff, no. Glorious tribute to the Turtles' imaginations, absolutely. Who doesn't love going rapid fire between Mad Max, horror, and Usagi Yojimbo?

The surprise appearance of Kintaro most of all. Last time I watched a take on that character was Urusei Yatsura, fittingly enough.
theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #3180
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

According to Rob Paulsen, Nickelodeon's plan for this series was always for it to be five seasons and they got what they wished for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paulsen
But in January of this year, the folks at Nickelodeon came to me and said this is the last year of the current iteration of the show — we were hoping for a five-year run and we got that.
http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/1...sen-talks.html
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
season 5