The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: A moment of silence for Hamato Yoshi
Looks like Shredder has given up on Karai ever seeing him as a father again 4 6.78%
Rockwell: (sarcastically) Egad, I could barely defend myself 4 6.78%
Mikey: My dudes, my bros, my Turts...it's that time again. Our series is winding down 7 11.86%
Splinter: Leadership doesn't come from your head, it comes from your heart 8 13.56%
Splinter...T.T 14 23.73%
Casey: (Flips garbage truck lever) Oops 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #81
Hero
British Bloke

Sorry if this has been posted about before.

I stumbled on Requiem airing today on Nicktoons UK (Sky ch.606) at 5pm. The episode is being repeated 7am next Saturday with the season finale also airing later at 5pm.

So, the UK is airing the Season 4 final one day before the US.

I already watched the Requiem episode via Redworld (mucho thanks!) and caught the later half on Nicktoons. It looks like the UK censors have left this episode well alone. Hopefully Saturdays repeat will also be the same.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #82
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Sorry if this has been posted about before.

I stumbled on Requiem airing today on Nicktoons UK (Sky ch.606) at 5pm. The episode is being repeated 7am next Saturday with the season finale also airing later at 5pm.

So, the UK is airing the Season 4 final one day before the US.

I already watched the Requiem episode via Redworld (mucho thanks!) and caught the later half on Nicktoons. It looks like the UK censors have left this episode well alone. Hopefully Saturdays repeat will also be the same.
Yeah i've mentioned it.

Yeah I was surprised that nothing got cut of this episode. In Tale of Tiger Claw they cut bits out of Splinter's Drunken Master Lesson but didn't cut out Tiger Claws arm getting cut off. Our censors are strange

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

Was the decision to kill off Splinter because his VA got too busy with other shows? You have to remember Splinter wasn't in the majority of Season 4 to begin with because of the space arc, so he only appeared in like less than half the eps this season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #84
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Was the decision to kill off Splinter because his VA got too busy with other shows? You have to remember Splinter wasn't in the majority of Season 4 to begin with because of the space arc, so he only appeared in like less than half the eps this season.
Maybe Ciro wanted to use his original idea (Splinter dies before the series starts) and include it in season 4 and see turtles get on without Splinter in season 5.

I reckon we will still see Splinter either spiritually, (It was mentioned in the last episode that Mikey and Leo are more Spiritually than Raph and Donnie) memories, dreams and flashbacks.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I think so too, I can definitely see a spirit version of Splinter aiding the Turtles at times.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #86
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

I wonder what happened to Doctor Rockwell?
Shredder threw, and smashed him, but after the building collapsed and everyone ran out, he was not with them.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #87
CyberCubed
Overlord

Considering the blatant Carter and Movie 1 references, I really do think April's hair standing up is probably a reference to Kala the Neutrino. It looks way too similar to not be an intentional homage like the others.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #88
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This one did get me. The other times weren't real fake outs. We never saw a body. He could have been alive. Then that one time, the friggin planet blew up. Did anyone really think they were just gonna leave the planet destroyed and turn into Fast Forward with a whole new supporting cast? I knew even then that by default, whatever excuse they would use (in this case, time travel do-over) to bring back the planet, would also bring back Splinter.

This time there's none of that. Unless the next season does some Dragonball stuff, Splinter is gone for good.
Yes, this. I still don't see how people consider the other times fake outs.End of season 2, we saw Splinter get saved by Karai. It was more like, how will he survive the situation and Mikey, when calming down Raph, said as much.

End of season 3, he was impaled, but as you said, earth was destroyed. Ideally, I didn't want him brought back, but realistically knew there was a strong possibility that he'd have a second chance, and not get killed.

The Rat King stuff could count as a fake out, but it was adapting a storyline that he survived for.

This is the only time where there's no ifs ands or buts regarding his fate. The only way I could see Splinter coming back is in spirit form, and given Splinter's intuition stuff last ep, I feel it's a strong possibility that Leo or Mikey will be the one to encounter this.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:47 PM   #89
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Steranko, Zeck, and Baxter, IMO, don't deserve to die because they were forced to work for Shredder and were forcibly mutated. Xever and Bradford were loyal to Shredder willingly....ok well Xever kind of. If any of them needed to go, it was Bradford.
Steranko and Zeck were gleefully complicit in Splinter's murder. I say no mercy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #90
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Steranko and Zeck were gleefully complicit in Splinter's murder. I say no mercy.
The alternative for going against Shredder is death. They also blame the Turtles for their forced mutations. Also, how were they gleeful over Splinter's death? They were just there to be a distraction.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #91
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

They went along with the plan to split up the team so Shredder could kill Splinter, so they are just as guilty as he is.

Was the Carter reference during the Bradford cartoon?

Also liked how Mikey foreshadowed that things are coming to an end even if he did talk about the Bradford show.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #92
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Well I FINALLY got to watch it thanks to Redworld96 putting it on his tumblr. My god what an episode this is the first Cartoon that brought me to tears. I loved the Nod to the 1990 movie ending with Casey.

Shame on all the Cartoon sites for not having this up yet.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #93
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Cloning, mutagen, more time travel, evil twin, healing coma, alternate dimension, ritual, possession, the will of god, reincarnation, etc including getting a wish granted. There's countless ways of doing it.
Or astral projection, that could work too.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #94
pannoni1
Foot Elite

All I can say is that judgement day is real, and the failure to aid the needy will always result in tragedy when you least expect it, especially after you have been used to the routine for so long. Thanks Nick/Ciro for providing what may have been the best climax in this series, and its certainly something worth getting an award for! This probably means we'll see more of April/Karai in the near term until an Ancient One or Ninja Tribunal-type assistor shows up. Super Shredder knew exactly how to make a move by knocking out, allowing for a fake retreat after fooling Splinter into seeing that he won, followed by the knockout punch.

Grade: 9.8/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:13 PM   #95
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Will be curious to see what they do with the next/last season. They're going to need to (or darn well should) grow up (or finishing growing up) fast for their own good and leave behind any childishness they still had room for when dad was still around. (Looking at you in particular, Mikey.) They may be quite capable, but there's surely still ways they'd feel kind of lost without him. Agree and do hope he turns up in some spirit form.

I suppose if they need a parental figure there's still April's dad, but that guy isn't good for all that much. There is Casey's dad who we've never ever met. Though my vote is an Ancient One to watch over them for a while and continuing training, but with only one season left that intends on not being so serialized... Maybe not. 'Course, I suppose he could be the one to introduce them to some kind of interdimensional stuff that brings them across Usagi, like how 2003 meet him at the tournament.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #96
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Is anyone surprised that attacking the exposed heart no longer works?

Apparently, April only wears her hair down every time she "goes super saiyan".

What was that Chris Bradford cartoon supposed to foreshadow. Imagine that being season 2's cartoon instead, then it would foreshadowIrma being revealed as a robot suit. LOL

Glad that Casey is getting better at the whole angst thing.
I was surprised that the exposed weakspot didn't work out for Karai. That was brutal of her to go for the kill, but she's had the worst luck lately in fights. Ever since she lost those street fights to April (prior to developing her powers) it's been all down hill for Karai as a ninja. So I'm not ready to declare Shredder's skin invulnerable yet. Just give Leonardo a shot at it with proper motivation and old Shredhead will be eating humble pie.

And yeah, the development of the Bradford finale was curious, which makes me think maybe somebody will become a betrayer (on either side) in the season finale. You are correct that it would have been most appropriate as a Season 2 foreshadowing about Irma-Krang Subprime.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #97
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

My heart really ached after watching this episode. I might have to watch the 1987 series tonight to help make me feel better.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #98
Ioz
Foot Soldier

I just hope they clear up the fate of Monkey Brains, Fishface, and Razhar before the show ends next season or whenever it does. I get the feeling we might see Rockwell again, but not sure if we'll see or hear anything definitive about the other two.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #99
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioz View Post
I just hope they clear up the fate of Monkey Brains, Fishface, and Razhar before the show ends next season or whenever it does. I get the feeling we might see Rockwell again, but not sure if we'll see or hear anything definitive about the other two.
Unless Fishface was tossed in the water offscreen and saved Rahzar, I don't think he's coming back. Leatherhead probably took him all the way to the bottom. I doubt he could've survived that and probably drowned. I couldn't see a character like Xever saving him since the two had such animosity towards one another.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #100
IronBoomer
Random Punk

This series needs to stop playing with my emotions. I don't know if I can take it.
Makes me wonder where they can go with the next season, but ... damn it, that was hard to watch.