The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #2861
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
This coming week shipments are suppose to start.
https://www.facebook.com/necaofficia...5094482886243/
yea. here's hoping they have some more 2 pack sets up after the holidays are over. shippings not so bad when it's two of them.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:05 AM   #2862
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
yea. here's hoping they have some more 2 pack sets up after the holidays are over. shippings not so bad when it's two of them.
I'll 2nd that.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #2863
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I'll 2nd that.
I'll 3rd that.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #2864
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
This coming week shipments are suppose to start.
https://www.facebook.com/necaofficia...5094482886243/
Sucks about the diorama I was looking forward to that. Any news on the Metalhead ship date?
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:59 PM   #2865
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
Sucks about the diorama I was looking forward to that. Any news on the Metalhead ship date?
I think everything else is for next year.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #2866
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Welp, missed out on my first set. I took my first nap in probably two years and of course that's when the drop happened. Oh well, this was the least desirable set for me. I might try to trade an extra Rock Soldier or Triceraton set for it but I'm not sure I care. Missing a set makes skipping future sets easier!

I hope the 4-pack turtles are updated more than just having a new masked head and the coats. Those are great additions, sure, but the turtles stand out quite a bit in the toon display in my opinion since they don't match the on-screen looks nearly as closely as most of the rest of the figures. We need a new head, possibly with the "beak" line.

This is NECA though so I'm sure they're only going to make incremental improvements. I might skip this set as well.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #2867
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Welp, missed out on my first set. I took my first nap in probably two years and of course that's when the drop happened. Oh well, this was the least desirable set for me. I might try to trade an extra Rock Soldier or Triceraton set for it but I'm not sure I care. Missing a set makes skipping future sets easier!

I hope the 4-pack turtles are updated more than just having a new masked head and the coats. Those are great additions, sure, but the turtles stand out quite a bit in the toon display in my opinion since they don't match the on-screen looks nearly as closely as most of the rest of the figures. We need a new head, possibly with the "beak" line.

This is NECA though so I'm sure they're only going to make incremental improvements. I might skip this set as well.
That would almost be no different from this : https://maxbird.com.co/products/cust...action-figures
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:45 PM   #2868
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

For those like me wondering when their stress levels are going to skyrocket again - the next cartoon stuff is the Splinter/Baxter 2 pack and Krang's Android Body, both of which are 2021 now.

So we can chill for at least a month!
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:07 PM   #2869
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
For those like me wondering when their stress levels are going to skyrocket again - the next cartoon stuff is the Splinter/Baxter 2 pack and Krang's Android Body, both of which are 2021 now.

So we can chill for at least a month!

Awesome post....
I pre-ordered those from a place that someone mentioned somewhere in this thread.... Canada I think. You could do that and alleviate the stress completely!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:38 PM   #2870
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

I need to get at least two Triceratons sets. Having the leaders without their soldiers sucks.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:39 PM   #2871
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

Awesome post....
I pre-ordered those from a place that someone mentioned somewhere in this thread.... Canada I think. You could do that and alleviate the stress completely!
Curious what site
Old 11-30-2020, 07:52 PM   #2872
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Curious what site
-edit for accuracy-

I spent $262.86 Canadian which right now converts to $202.55 USD so you're looking at $67.52 per 2-pack if you ordered just now (I think on the day I ordered the conversion got me to $66.72). A 2-pack at Target is basically $54.39 after taxes (depends on your area), so this was about 13 bucks more than normal, but I'm paying for the convenience and it's not from a scalper.

Jury is out on whether or not I'd do it again though - I don't like to encourage a market creeping up because no matter how you look at it, almost 70 bucks for two new retail level action figures is pretty f'd up. But having the order in maximizes your collector calm, minimizes frustration with the NECA debacle and saves you driving all over the place reeming at Target like we were 20 years old with nothing better to do. I wouldn't collect the whole line this way though. Some of these have to come in cheaper somehow to draw the whole dollar-cost-average down in the long run instead of up.

Hope that helps, man.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-30-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #2873
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
-edit-
Canucktibles.com

Will edit this with more info for you in a minute... I want to check the math on it again

Its a canadian site so its .ca not .com

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:30 PM   #2874
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Its a canadian site so its .ca not .com
Yup. I was editing. But thank you.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:15 AM   #2875
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Preorders for Wave 4 are all sold out on that site. They were up for awhile though.
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #2876
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

It's gonna be a real B to the itch to get that Splinter and Baxter two pack .... it'll ve a miracle to find one at retail price.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:25 AM   #2877
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

CMD Store has them at just-above retail. I've never dealt with them before, but I did preorder this and the Vernon / Rat King pack after seeing some positive opinions of CMDStore on Reddit.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:51 AM   #2878
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
CMD Store has them at just-above retail. I've never dealt with them before, but I did preorder this and the Vernon / Rat King pack after seeing some positive opinions of CMDStore on Reddit.

They charge up front or at ship time?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #2879
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicexct View Post
Preorders for Wave 4 are all sold out on that site. They were up for awhile though.
Yea I checked last night and no luck there
Old 12-01-2020, 10:45 AM   #2880
SleepDrifter
Thug

Has anyone ordered Redshift7 before. I’ve seen some positive stuff elsewhere but would love to get the Drome’s opinion.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote