The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Keep it this way and continue with the numbering after #100!
I second that!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm pretty sure the Foot Emblem from the 2003 show came from the shape of Ch'rell's scar?
Old 05-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #23
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The foot emblem was the Ninja tibunal emblem that i made some changes on it to make it like a Foot.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:57 PM   #24
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
This issue reminded me a little of Dragonball Z.
heh, I've never even seen a single episode and I also thought of Dragonball Z. Mainly due to the Demon Kid's hair/outfit.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:05 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

You can def feel Matteus' anime influences, & I love it. Channeling Akira a whole lot, to say the least!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #26
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm also still absolutely 100% convinced that Splinter dies in the ongoing, and chooses to come help Saki in this series rather than embrace the peaceful afterlife he has earned.
On that vein, I'm hoping the TMNT we've been seeing are creatures creating by that tentacled, Lovecraft-like creature just intended to mess with Shredder and not the real deal, cuz if they are the real deal, that doesn't bode well for them.

I know I might get a few eyebrows raised for what i wrote... "Daggio, how could you think the TMNT are gonna die in their own book no less?" Well, if they do, they would almost definitely come back to life rather quickly, but be used for purposes like this.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
On that vein, I'm hoping the TMNT we've been seeing are creatures creating by that tentacled, Lovecraft-like creature just intended to mess with Shredder and not the real deal, cuz if they are the real deal, that doesn't bode well for them.

I know I might get a few eyebrows raised for what i wrote... "Daggio, how could you think the TMNT are gonna die in their own book no less?" Well, if they do, they would almost definitely come back to life rather quickly, but be used for purposes like this.
Nah man, it's all trippin' mind illusion stuff. Hell's a nightmare, you just don't get to wake up.

And I'm a little worried Splinter might be toast in the spirit realm now, too...
Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Interesting that they're trying to make Shredder sympathetic when he's probably going to wind up fused with Tatsuo and the dragon by the end of this arc or whenever Kitsune resurrects him. Then probably be killed again whenever that arc ends, because I can't see an all powerful Dragon Lord let free to roam Earth for more than a story arc or two...unless they pull the "seal the ancient evil away" card like every franchise does.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #29
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

To some degree, he's always had something going for him in regards to sympathy. I'm surprised they didn't play up the "man outside his time" angle (same with Splinter - who seemed to immediately latch on to soap operas).
Old 05-17-2019, 03:46 AM   #30
neatoman
Emperor

I knew it! The Dragon has three eyes!

Why do I care about being right about it?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #31
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Interesting that they're trying to make Shredder sympathetic when he's probably going to wind up fused with Tatsuo and the dragon by the end of this arc or whenever Kitsune resurrects him. Then probably be killed again whenever that arc ends, because I can't see an all powerful Dragon Lord let free to roam Earth for more than a story arc or two...unless they pull the "seal the ancient evil away" card like every franchise does.
Well shredder and the patheron arc will wrap up in the next arc or two just wait and see. Well just simply purged the dragon with suprise shredder being alive again would be a neat twist. Given that karai being a villain in the city at war arc she would probaly die too.

Last edited by Toxin45; 05-17-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

IDW builds up the Dragon for 100 issues as the ultimate big bad. Nobody comes in out of nowhere in issue #100 and stabs him to death.

(Bitter? Who's bitter? I'm not bitter. )
Old 05-17-2019, 04:24 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Given how City at War and Karai seem like it'll go on to issue 100, I guess the Pantheon/Shredder stuff won't happen till after. Originally I thought before but judging by the current pacing it doesn't seem too likely.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #34
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Given how City at War and Karai seem like it'll go on to issue 100, I guess the Pantheon/Shredder stuff won't happen till after. Originally I thought before but judging by the current pacing it doesn't seem too likely.
We've got so much coming up after 100.....what you mentioned, CyberCubed, Null (hopefully), Ch'rell, whatever fallout occurs after issue 100 (presumably Karai still being alive and in charge of the Foot), Bishop and the EPF, and whatever it was Honeycutt saw on the screen last issue (maybe Maligna?). And that's just the potential rogues gallery. All issues involving the Turtles themselves and their allies and/or friends will obviously have some book time.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well I don't see Null or Ch'rell doing anything for a long time (unless the Utroms get involved, but doesn't seem like they have a reason to). They've purposely delayed Ch'rell and Null from doing anything in the main series (even with Ch'rell let out, he only got a few panels of screentime to be put on the shelf again), so they're likely saving them for post issue 100.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:46 AM   #36
Igglet

Quote:
Honestly, I genuinely can't even imagine the possibility of them not doing the whole Dragon thing during City at War for several reasons. City at War is supposed to be the culmination of the entire story so far. There is absolutely no way they'd dedicate such a major portion of it setting up something we won't get any payoff for until AFTER this story that, in many ways, is meant to feel like a finale for the last 50 issues. They wouldn't have Kitsune popping up to Karai right as the set-up for the storyline started. We wouldn't have a massive mini with arguably the most beloved artist who's worked on the run at the helm of it just as this colossal storyline begins. They wouldn't foreshadow the implications of Karai's sword and its connections to the Pantheon..

You mention pacing, but, even though the story feels like it's taking its time due to month-long gaps between issues, it's actually going extremely quickly. We've only gone through one issue of this arc and **** has already hit the fan, with Splinter's Chunin potentially being sent to the chopping block.

There's a very clear way this story can transition into Pantheon territory. The first half of the story deals with the war between Splinter and Karai. #96, Karai seems to win the war with Splinter's dying, Kitsune makes her move, Saki comes back from the dead. The reason why I'm so sure all of this will happen, in particular Splinter's death, is because please Bobby, don't let Redeemer win, I've so much more to live for.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:37 AM   #37
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Honestly, I genuinely can't even imagine the possibility of them not doing the whole Dragon thing during City at War for several reasons. City at War is supposed to be the culmination of the entire story so far. There is absolutely no way they'd dedicate such a major portion of it setting up something we won't get any payoff for until AFTER this story that, in many ways, is meant to feel like a finale for the last 50 issues. They wouldn't have Kitsune popping up to Karai right as the set-up for the storyline started. We wouldn't have a massive mini with arguably the most beloved artist who's worked on the run at the helm of it just as this colossal storyline begins. They wouldn't foreshadow the implications of Karai's sword and its connections to the Pantheon..

You mention pacing, but, even though the story feels like it's taking its time due to month-long gaps between issues, it's actually going extremely quickly. We've only gone through one issue of this arc and **** has already hit the fan, with Splinter's Chunin potentially being sent to the chopping block.

There's a very clear way this story can transition into Pantheon territory. The first half of the story deals with the war between Splinter and Karai. #96, Karai seems to win the war with Splinter's dying, Kitsune makes her move, Saki comes back from the dead. The reason why I'm so sure all of this will happen, in particular Splinter's death, is because please Bobby, don't let Redeemer win, I've so much more to live for.
You're not afraid that'll feel somewhat rushed? It could go either way, the wrap-up to City at War could easily fill all 8 issues of the arc without even getting into the Shredder/Dragon and Pantheon stuff.

I actually had a dream last night where I read a reply by Bobby over on his thread saying this would spill over onto issues #102-103.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #38
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
You're not afraid that'll feel somewhat rushed? It could go either way, the wrap-up to City at War could easily fill all 8 issues of the arc without even getting into the Shredder/Dragon and Pantheon stuff.

I actually had a dream last night where I read a reply by Bobby over on his thread saying this would spill over onto issues #102-103.
Honestly? I feel like 4 issues is quite enough for both mini-arcs. Technically, the first half got 6 issues, and the second half is getting a double-sized one with #100. I'm not sure, though, I feel like pacing's been really off with the previous few arcs so maybe you're right.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #39
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Is it just me, or does the demon kid look a little like Naruto?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote