The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-07-2016, 02:41 AM   #21
Powder
So tired of this place

Binge watched everything to date after doing the movies on Halloween night. So good. Season 2's been a definite upgrade, too. The practical effects look much cooler.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:39 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The awesome folks at NECA who already make figures for Ash Vs Evil Dead/ Evil Dead movies, are going to be making the Ashy Slashy Puppet in 2017

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/808038422749315075
Old 12-13-2016, 09:38 PM   #23
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

The season finale was pretty good with the exception for that ending, seriously I thought it was a hallucination but it was actuallyl. It was especially weird seeing how the character who gave Ash a kiss lost her daughter and husband
Old 12-14-2016, 09:16 AM   #24
THGhost
Puppet Master

Man this season was great. I was disappointed that the sequel to the remake, AoD and the crossover movie with Ash and Mia were cancelled, but this show is the best thing to happen to the Evil Dead franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
The season finale was pretty good with the exception for that ending, seriously I thought it was a hallucination but it was actuallyl. It was especially weird seeing how the character who gave Ash a kiss lost her daughter and husband
I couldn't tell if they'd gone back to the present day or somehow dragged Linda back to the 80s. She was there so it must have been present day, but everything was bright and colourful like the 80s was so it could have still been the 80s.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
and the crossover movie with Ash and Mia were cancelled
They didn't rule it out at their presentation in San Diego this year. I personally doubt it will get off the ground at this point, though. No one even remembers that remake.

If anything, they'll visit that universe on Ash vs Evil Dead.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #26
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They didn't rule it out at their presentation in San Diego this year. I personally doubt it will get off the ground at this point, though. No one even remembers that remake.

If anything, they'll visit that universe on Ash vs Evil Dead.
Cool. Guess we'll see what happens. I read a fan theory saying that the girl in season 2 post credits scene who finds the Necronomicon is Mia from the remake.

People do remember it, well I certainly do. I really liked it. A Director's Cut was recently released digitally, maybe getting a physical release next year.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 12-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Finally saw the season finale. Little confused at... how did Pablo come back to life, but not Ash's dad or friend?
Old 12-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #28
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Finally saw the season finale. Little confused at... how did Pablo come back to life, but not Ash's dad or friend?
Pablo coming back alive was part of the deal Ash made with Baal if he beat him. But It is confusing if he changed the timeline they should all be alive.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #29
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Pablo coming back alive was part of the deal Ash made with Baal if he beat him. But It is confusing if he changed the timeline they should all be alive.
They really should't have done the time travel angle in hindsight.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #30
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
They really should't have done the time travel angle in hindsight.
People wanted Army of Darkness references though. But I don't think this is quite what they had in mind.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:08 PM   #31
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
People wanted Army of Darkness references though. But I don't think this is quite what they had in mind.
If they wanted an AOD reference they should have made Ash say a word he can't pronounce.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #32
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
If they wanted an AOD reference they should have made Ash say a word he can't pronounce.
I would have wanted them to be in a library and someone finds a book on medieval times and they open it and there is a picture of Ash in it
Old 12-17-2016, 02:40 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Doesn't mean they can't time travel again. I dug it, though it was a little bit unnecessarily confusing when/if they time-travelled back to the present (had to wait until about halfway through that speech to determine if they had or not). That they haven't shown any actual flashback footage from "Army of Darkness" when they've been shoveling a ton of footage from both Evil Dead 1 and 2 into episodes suggests the "deal" they reached just lets them mention events in it and not showing any of it.

For a while in the season finale I almost thought they might use the time travel to pre-Evil Dead 1 as a way to perfectly explain the inconsistencies between 1 and 2. They almost could have, too. And, depending on if that after-the-end-credits bit with the book resurfacing happens back in the 80s or now, might actually do just that.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #34
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Doesn't mean they can't time travel again. I dug it, though it was a little bit unnecessarily confusing when/if they time-travelled back to the present (had to wait until about halfway through that speech to determine if they had or not). That they haven't shown any actual flashback footage from "Army of Darkness" when they've been shoveling a ton of footage from both Evil Dead 1 and 2 into episodes suggests the "deal" they reached just lets them mention events in it and not showing any of it.

For a while in the season finale I almost thought they might use the time travel to pre-Evil Dead 1 as a way to perfectly explain the inconsistencies between 1 and 2. They almost could have, too. And, depending on if that after-the-end-credits bit with the book resurfacing happens back in the 80s or now, might actually do just that.
I'd very much like to see that.

So did they travel back to the present? I'm still not sure.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
So did they travel back to the present? I'm still not sure.
If they didn't, then they're in some kind of weird magical loop or something. During the speech everyone is clearly the same ages they're supposed to be in the present.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:32 AM   #36
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I think they did travel back to the present as Linda was with Ash on the Podium.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 12-21-2016 at 01:02 AM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #37
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I think they did travel back to the present as Linda was with Ash on the Podium.
That makes sense, except everything is bright and colourful like it was in the 80s. The present never looked like that. Unless it was done on purpose because "everything is alright now"?

Old 12-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think we'll see big repercussions of Ash's meddling in the 80s kicking off Season 3. Something's clearly "not right" there, back in the present. They made it a point to show Ash apparently turn that normal-looking guy right when he arrived in the 80s into an alcoholic... I bet it turns out he was supposed to be a big politician (or something) in the original timeline, and when he turned into an alcoholic, stuff in the town (maybe elsewhere, too) shaped up much differently.

No way it was just a throwaway thing.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:46 PM   #39
THGhost
Puppet Master

Agreed. And the colours in the "present" were very jarring and off-putting. Something is definitely wrong.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #40
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

looks like there was a different ending that Robert Tapert didn't like that caused the showrunner to leave. It involved Current Ash meeting Young Ash