The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Samurai
Foot Soldier

Script Ideas For A New Movie

Whether live action or animated, what plots/ideas would you like to see in a new TMNT movie?

Personally, I would like to have Dimension X and Krang along with the Triceratons worked into the storyline for a new movie.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I do think some space-romp stuff is long overdue, & in this era of GOTG, Star Trek/Wars, etc, paired with the advancement of CGI, it'd be so, so perfect. I would absolutely love to see them adapt the Fugitoid/Triceraton stuff, or a Battle Nexus story, or even give Lord Dregg a shot. I'd settle for Krang/Rock Soldiers, but it's not ideal for me, personally. Too much Fred Wolf in the stew already.

The sci-fi/horror elements in general are what need to be tapped into. TMNT has a lot of funky monsters, time-travel, robots, dimension hopping, etc. & I don't think the general public are really aware how deep their foray into that genre goes. They have a base knowledge of Krang/Dimension X, but there's so much more they can do which could potentially appeal to any of the modern geek crowds (Marvel, Doctor Who) who would otherwise not be interested. The ancient Japanese and ninja folklore stuff should also get more focus, IMO. A film that blends elements of Secret History Of The Foot Clan/Legend Of Koji with 4kids concepts like Foot Mystics and/or a modern Ninja Tribunal or something like it could be really cool. I've long said a Ninja Assassin-like movie would be amazing, where you ping back & forth between Saki/Yoshi/The Foot's violent uprising & the clan's modern day dealings with the TMNT.

But yeah, overall, I feel they should really go all out with a new series. Take them to space, go forwards & backwards in time, fight giant robots & alien warriors, deal with ancient entities who've mastered shadowy arts, etc. We've gotten enough street level media to this point (most of which not done justice anyway, barring perhaps the original film), show the world what else TMNT is about.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
AquaParade
Banned

It is definitely the time for Turtles in Space. I know it sounds completely derivative, but get James Gunn to do it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
Shark_Blade
Emperor

No aliens please.

Keep it down to earth - in the city and maybe little towns. Do Downfall/Fight for the City epic story.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think there's an awesome TMNT in Space movie to be made... but I think we can agree that they need to get a minimum of 1 non-fantastical movie right first. Which, so far, they've proven completely unable to do.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #6
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

As i said before elsewhere, I'd take us back to square one; TMNT, Angel, and Casey vs. Hun and the purple dragons. Actually period set in the 1980's New York, and inspired by the plot of the 4kinds episode 'Fallen angel', where Casey tries to show His childhood friend Angel Bridge being a member of the dragons is a mistake. he introduces Angel to the turtles, and the five of them Crush the Dragons.

At the same time, we get scenes of Master Splinter back at the lair, meditating and having visions of the Rat King, who is berating Splinter for holding on to his humanity. We get flashbacks of the turtle's origins, along with vision's of Saki and Yoshi in the past, laying out the TMNT's backstory. This sets up rat King for use in sequels.

Also, I'd have a battle with the dragons in the middle of a nightclub, called the gator's den, run by a mysterious proprietor named Jess "Leatherhead" Harley; the club goers believe Leatherhead wears an elaborate gator costume as part of the club's gimmick, they don't realize he actually IS a gator. We only see him for the nightclub battle scene, where after the turtles and the dragon's have trashed the gator's den, we wades out into the battle, beats them all up, and tosses them out; "GET OUTTA MY CLUB!" LH is only in it for the nightclub sequence, and is also set up for future films.

Why the dragons instead of the foot? The dragons let us start at the bottom, having the turtles fight no-holds barred violent street battles against unskilled punk opponents, letting us see how impressive their martial arts are against street thugs. Then, when the foot are introduced in a sequel, they actually turn out to be much deadlier fighters, and not just cannon fodder like the dragons.

Why Angel instead of April? She better ties in with the Dragons as villains, and being an ex-dragon she can fight with the turtles and Casey against the dragons (going for the older IDW-style Angel, here.) Also, it saves April for a sequel, where she can be introduced as Baxter stockman's assistant.

Why the minor roles for Leatherhead and Rat King? set up roles, previewing the characters for much bigger parts they will play down the line. rat King appearing in Splinter's visions is a Mirage idea, while Leatherhead as a underworld Nightclub owner? It's something new, a new idea not taken from any spinoff material, that does something more interesting with the character than "raaagh! I'm an angry monster! raaagh must build transmat to get back to little squid people family! Raaagghh!" which is good for the comics, but I think something more could be done for a film.

Shredder? Again, set him up for later, have Hun refer to the 'master', and we see Saki in the flashbacks. Hint at the end of the movie a war is coming; the purple Dragons were just an exercise, and taking them down has drawn the attention of someone much, much more powerful. The fights against the Dragons in this film would be bloody and violent, but the fights against the foot in Part 2 would be absolutely BRUTAL.

And no, I don't think this would become 'the Casey Jones movie', Jones can be an important character, and his backstory be explored here, but he doesn't have to be the center of everything. This could wash the taste of OOtS Casey out of our mouths, and return the character to a violent vigilante in a hockey mask.

Most people probably won't like any of this stuff, but I think some people would be drawn back in if we had a movie like this. Return the turtles to the Henson suits touched up with CG, show elaborate martial arts sequences in the trailers, and you may just win back the audience lost by the previous films. But then again, this is just what I would do, if I were in charge.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #7
Ginrai
Random Punk

Something where the TMNT of the new movies have to cross paths with the TMNT of the 90s film. 😁
Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:57 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Whether live action or animated, what plots/ideas would you like to see in a new TMNT movie?

Personally, I would like to have Dimension X and Krang along with the Triceratons worked into the storyline for a new movie.
We already have a Krang live-action film. Time for Triceratons attacking Earth!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #9
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
We already have a Krang live-action film. Time for Triceratons attacking Earth!
I personally think the Krang war arc from IDW would make a good film; The three Neutrinoes come to earth and find the fugitiod, taking him and the turtles back to Neutrino, where Krang's army (Made up of rock soldiers as the officers and triceritons as the rank and file grunts), and the turtles have to protect the fugitoid, and help save planet neutrino.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #10
pferreira
Foot Elite

If you are doing a new movie and starting from scratch again having the first film set in space isn't the best approach as you have to spend one movie first establishing the Turtles in the city. They are the TMNT but this film would have a new style and the Turtles would have slightly different personalities as always is the case. It's too quick to send them off on an intergalactic adventure.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #11
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

We know the origin.
We've seen the city.
I agree, that some space-time is long overdue.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
We know the origin.
We've seen the city.
I agree, that some space-time is long overdue.
A trilogy can have one episode set in New York City, another set in modern Japan and yet another being a space adventure.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote