The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 02-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
killa-b
Thug

The Ninja Turtle Power Hour Podcast!

Hey everybody!

I've been a member here for a long time, but have never really been active member of the community.

I have recently just started a new podcast for fun and as a creative outlet for me to discuss and share my fandom with others, so if any of you are interested, please click the link in my signature and give the podcast a listen.

Please keep in mind I am very new to the podcast world, so any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time
killa-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:08 AM   #2
tipet
Hench Mutant

Nice. What are you talking about in the podcast? Toys? The cartoon? General info?
tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
killa-b
Thug

Trying to talk about everything. In the first few episodes I've started by talking a bit about next mutation series and the things I liked and disliked about it, as I am now revisiting it 15 years on.

In the latest episode I talked a bit about Bebop & Rocksteady and the new figures of them as well. With next weeks episode I plan to re-watch the 2014 movie and go into a bit of detail about what I thought worked and didn't work about it.

What I hope to do is have each episode of a couple of episodes dedicated to each incarnation of the turtles from the obscure stuff (turtles christmas, anime etc) to the popular stuff like the movies and 90's series.

I will also give thoughts on new releases and breaking news, when there is any!

I'm trying to make this a regular weekly/bi-weekly show.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Cool beans dude

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
tipet
Hench Mutant

The audio sounds good. Nice work
tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #6
killa-b
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipet View Post
The audio sounds good. Nice work
Thank you! I made sure I had good recording gear as I want it to sound as professional as possible to make up for my lack of professionalism, lol.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:08 AM   #7
killa-b
Thug

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know I've just posted the newest episode, episode 4 on my soundcloud page which you can access via the link in my signature. My plan is to post and update here every time a new episode is online (if that's OK with the mods!)

In this episode I discuss my all-star turtle line up, and what incarnations of each turtle is my favorite.

I also discuss the recently revived Mighty Mutanimals.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:48 AM   #8
Mew
Banned

I cant listen to it.
I don't have Flash.
You should post it to Youtube.

Last edited by Mew; 02-13-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #9
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
I cant watch it.
Probably because there's nothing to watch.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #10
killa-b
Thug

I would love to get posting on youtube, but unfortunately I don't think I've be able to post the episodes in full due to youtube capping the video times for new uploaders.

For anyone having issues with accessing soundcloud, you can click the link below and download the MP3

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/1...-episode-4.mp3

If you can access soundcloud but are having issues playing the episodes, you can click on the download icon, which i've highlight in the below pic, and download the mp3 directly.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #11
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa-b View Post
I would love to get posting on youtube, but unfortunately I don't think I've be able to post the episodes in full due to youtube capping the video times for new uploaders.

For anyone having issues with accessing soundcloud, you can click the link below and download the MP3

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/1...-episode-4.mp3

If you can access soundcloud but are having issues playing the episodes, you can click on the download icon, which i've highlight in the below pic, and download the mp3 directly.

Thx, bro!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #12
killa-b
Thug

Hey guys,

I've just posted up episode 5 of the podcast, in which I discuss the 2014 movie. As always you can either listen or download the episode from the link in my signature.

I will be posting a commentary track for latest TMNT episode entitled 'Serpent Hunt' in the next couple of days, so stay tuned for that.

If anybody is interested, they can follow me on twitter @NTPHPodcast which you can check out by clicking here!

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:30 AM   #13
killa-b
Thug

Hey everybody,

Just letting you know I've just posted up podcast number 6! In this episode, I discuss my fav turtle memorabilia and I give my personal rank of the movies from best to work.

As always, you can check out the link in my signature below. If there is any need, I can post the direct download link for the episode here.

Thanks,
Old 03-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #14
killa-b
Thug

Hey guys & gals,

Just a quick update to let you know I posted the commentary I did for season 3 episode 10, so you can now give that a listen.

I'm in the process of getting the next podcast ready and should record tonight so will let you know once that it us.

I will also be doing commentaries for the episode 11 and the double feature episodes 12 & 13 later this week.

I am currently in the process of setting up a RSS feed on itunes for those who don't like or are having issues with soundcloud. I think should also help the podcasts exposure, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes!

Thanks for your time
Old 03-15-2015, 06:28 AM   #15
killa-b
Thug

Hi again,

Episode 7 of the podcast is now up and as always you can check it out by clicking through the soundcloud link in my signature or by downloading from the link below.

Right click and select 'save as'

In this episode I discuss from rumors about the upcoming TMNT movie as well as my thoughts on the newest IDW turtle comics.

I have also just started a blog at wordpress which you can check out and follow at the below link. I'll post updates and share other thoughts there whenever possible.

Click here to check out my wordpress blog!
Old 03-18-2015, 05:37 AM   #16
killa-b
Thug

Hi all,

I'm back again with good news that the podcast is now up on Itunes for those who prefer that option over soundcloud. You can click the link below and follow that to subscribe so the new episodes automatically download onto your playlist as soon as they are uploaded.

Click here to check out the podcast on Itunes

I just wanted to also say thanks for those on this who have supported the podcast so far! I really appreciate it as I love doing this, and seeing those plays and download stats really help motivate me to provide more and better content for you!
Old 03-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #17
killa-b
Thug

Hey guys,

Episode 8 has just been posted, so you can either streaming it online or download it through the itunes link below or right click and select 'save as' on the soundcloud link below.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/...ur/id976977010

https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/19...49b37f00a00bcf

In this episode I go into detail and discuss my thoughts on the 2007 movie 'TMNT'

Thanks,

KB
Old 03-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #18
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Just two things:

*You say the Archie comics weren't popular. I think they werwe
*You also said Leatherhead and Ray Fillet weren't in the 1987 cartoon. But different backgrounds.

I think you don't need to talk for an our. I like listen to this, well-done and circa 20-40 minutes is totally OK. I also like that you talk alone. When people talk together they always begin to act more and more out of topic, like what they ate for breakfast.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #19
killa-b
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Just two things:

*You say the Archie comics weren't popular. I think they werwe
*You also said Leatherhead and Ray Fillet weren't in the 1987 cartoon. But different backgrounds.

I think you don't need to talk for an our. I like listen to this, well-done and circa 20-40 minutes is totally OK. I also like that you talk alone. When people talk together they always begin to act more and more out of topic, like what they ate for breakfast.
Hi!

Thanks for listen and thanks for the responses! I definitely know I'm going to get my facts wrong here and there, and I know some people will be some cringing when I say things like that.

I personally love the archie series and have the whole run myself. I know it was popular in the fact is went for 72 issues with countless spin-offs. I just know some of the more mature turtle fan-base of the era looked at it as a really kiddy alternative to the mirage line at the time.

I need to brush up and watch the original series for sure. I remember Leatherhead in a couple of episodes, one of my favs being when a large group of baddies band together and Leatherhead takes Vernon as a pet, haha. But can't for the life of my picture ray fillet in the series!. so I'll need to check it out again.

Again, thanks for the comments and the feedback. I think I would benefit occasionally from someone to bounce topics around with, but I like the intimacy of doing it myself. It would also be good to sometimes have a fact checker to set me straight when I make goofs like you said.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:10 AM   #20
killa-b
Thug

Hello again,

Episode 9 has just been posted. As normal, check it out on Itunes (I would appreciate any subscribers!) or download it from the link below.

Right click and select 'save as' to download!

In this episode I discuss the shocking events in IDW issue #44 as well as discuss some of the recent episodes of the Nickelodeon series.

Thanks,