The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #21
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Awfully sad news. Loved him or hated him, he was massive influence on an entire generation of artists. RIP Chester.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:39 AM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Hmm... perhaps I haven't worded it in the best way and should have just said RIP and left at it. I don't have anything against the guy personally nor was I taking a shot at him. I was just being honest in saying I was never a Linkin Park fan and thus his death doesn't mean much to me as it does for others.
Fellow human beings don't mean much to you. Good to know.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #23
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fellow human beings don't mean much to you. Good to know.
He already owned up his mistake. We're better off not keeping it going.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I truly hope this was a Twitter hack happened. This has been taken to a new level of shocking. Chester deserved so much more. I am just seeing the layers to the lyrics of In The End in this yet it is before his second wife came into the picture.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chester-b...044942712.html
Old 07-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #25
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I've liked some of their music, so this is sad to me. Listening to New Divide right now as a sort of tribute since it ismy favorite of their songs. RIP.
New Divide is my favourite song of theirs as well and worked well in Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. I was just listening to it for the first time in a while a few days ago. Their music was used in a lot of YouTube character videos (Faith from Buffy, for example).

Last edited by Wesley; 07-21-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This does suck. Good musician. I think I liked Linkin Park's music videos more than the music, but there was a time I dug it. I never understood how all of a sudden everyone turned on the band after about the mid 2000s, same with Nickelback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Hmm... perhaps I haven't worded it in the best way and should have just said RIP and left at it. I don't have anything against the guy personally nor was I taking a shot at him. I was just being honest in saying I was never a Linkin Park fan and thus his death doesn't mean much to me as it does for others.
I wouldn't worry about it. In the end... it doesn't even matter.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:36 PM   #27
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:27 AM   #28
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

^ Definitely my favorite music video from them.

I couldn't tell you the first time I heard Linkin Park, but the song that made me begin to listen to them closer was Castle of Glass on Living Things. I didn't think it was super great, but there was potential in there. Soon, I found myself constantly listening to their albums after Meteora and falling in love with their different styles. To this day, A Thousand Suns remains one of my all-time favorite albums - a REALLY underrated concept album based on nuclear warfare and themes of humanity and corruption. The Hunting Party was my gateway to other forms of metal, as I always appreciated the intricate guitar parts in comparison to their earlier work. And Leave Out All The Rest is one of my absolute favorite pop songs, and it's not even Linkin Park's best imo. You've got The Catalyst, A Line in the Sand, The Little Things Give You Away, The Messenger...

So, yeah. Linkin Park is a very important band to me, so as with sdp, this one hits very close for me. I was at work when the news broke. A co-worker, who is typically a very joking guy, told me about this. I thought it was just a sick joke, but I looked it up, and it was true. I don't cry much, but that was it for me. Two days ago I was practically drowning in my own tears because the lead singer to one of my go-to bands had become so emotionally distraught he did this. And I'm still just speechless about it.

The only things I can really get out of my head is that I'm really sad he's gone and that I still have a hard time believing he's gone. Linkin Park means a lot to me, but a lot of their lyrics came from Chester's own experiences, so I've always felt closer to him than Mike or Brad or Pheonix. Hearing this news completely pained me and I couldn't process anything through my head yesterday or the day of. All I could think was "not him... not him..." and just hoping it was a hoax until it was confirmed. If this is how I felt as a big fan of the band for years, imagine how the rest of the band must feel, especially Mike, the other vocalist, who had developed an incredibly close relationship with Chester. Imagine how the people who truly did know him must feel.

I am so heartbroken over this. It's one of those news stories that hit me right where I live. I can't even begin to describe my condolences to his widow, his six children, or the rest of the band. This is truly a great loss. RIP Chester.

This was one of the final songs he released.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #29
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

*reads tag*

Someone has a sick obsession and shouldn't use Cube... when he's not even in the damn thread.

Sorry, that really irks me with a suicide thread due to personal experiences.

I see there have been a few articles with Linkin Parks' best songs as a remembrance for Chester. This article though really hit me hard.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7852316.html
Old 07-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was so stupid and naive. I loved Linkin Park and their songs. They were my absolute favorite back when they were new, when MTV still had videos and top tens. I should known they were from the heart, that he was putting his own personal feelings and experiences into it. I don't know, I just thought his music and overall suicidal/depression themes were part of the whole 'emo music scene' because it was cool and was what was 'in' at the time.

I think most of us never saw the signs of what he was going through internally and I guess his inner demons finally became too much that he had to leave this world. I'm just shocked. When someone at work told me, I thought it was fake news, I had to Google it and see for myself. My first reaction was honestly 'OMG SO HE WAS SERIOUS???!"

I'm still shocked. Linkin Park was such a big part of that time of my life. I mean, that was my jam. And as much as the BayFormers sequels sucked (I still loved the first one, who knew what was to come), it was awesome hearing a new Linkin Park single in the end credits. The videos were awesome. He's one of the few people I bought CDs from.

I'm just surprised. R.I.P Chester. May you finally find some peace. But rest assured, for so many of us, you did leave us reasons for you to be missed. I'm sure you helped a lot of troubled teens get past their suicidal thoughts, I wish we could have gotten to you and saved you too.

EDIT- I just noticed that Cybercubed tag. Come on now, that's just going too far. I personally, find him an annoyance, but I'd never wish death upon the guy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

LP could be troll artists too.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:53 AM   #32
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
LP could be troll artists too.

26 Lettaz in da Alphabet is just perfect.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Linkin Park band members were big dorks and nerds which you can easily tell in their first two albums, the were "one of us" regardless of what you thought of them.

They also had at least in the first two albums really awesome music videos, don't know if they kept the train rolling after that but they usually had innovating music videos. I was going to write about these two things on my website a few weeks ago but ended up postponing it and I don't want to do it now because it'll feel like it's just because "Chester died" when it's not.

Many people are saying this one is the first in our generation though that's not entirely true for me, I remember when the singer of Drowning Pool died even if I wasn't a big fan of him it did hit me and not too long ago Wayne Static, who I saw live twice, that hit me quite a bit. But I guess neither of them were mainstream famous like Chester.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #34
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
First song I ever heard by LP.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:23 PM   #35
dragonside
Hench Mutant

RIP Chester.

Linkin Park *repeat all day*
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #36
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Very sad news indeed. I did like a few of their songs like "Numb" and "The End." Just sucks that this had to happen to someone who meant so much to so many people. My condolences to his family, band mates, friends, and fans.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:52 PM   #37
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Linkin Park band members were big dorks and nerds which you can easily tell in their first two albums, the were "one of us" regardless of what you thought of them.

They also had at least in the first two albums really awesome music videos, don't know if they kept the train rolling after that but they usually had innovating music videos. I was going to write about these two things on my website a few weeks ago but ended up postponing it and I don't want to do it now because it'll feel like it's just because "Chester died" when it's not.

Many people are saying this one is the first in our generation though that's not entirely true for me, I remember when the singer of Drowning Pool died even if I wasn't a big fan of him it did hit me and not too long ago Wayne Static, who I saw live twice, that hit me quite a bit. But I guess neither of them were mainstream famous like Chester.
It sounds like Chester and his band were introverts, possibly. Hell, even Eminem is an introvert. Introverts tend to be introspective and focus on themselves a bit too much, and sometimes that can lead to depression and anxiety. Sad, depressive lyrics about wanting to be 'accepted' are usually the tip-off for me. Linkin Park's lyrics to speak of such things, at least some of the time. But it is a tragedy, even so. I heard Chester sang at Chris Cornell's funeral, I think it was. And that Chester was somewhat broken-hearted at Chris's loss. I wonder if that had something to do with Chester's suicide.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:02 AM   #38
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I remember when the singer of Drowning Pool died even if I wasn't a big fan of him it did hit me.
Of all the NuMetal albums I listened to growing up (and MAN were there a lot of them) Drowning Pool's "Sinner" was the one I listened to most. When I heard he died I was devastated

On topic, did anyone give Linkin Park's latest (last? ...thats a sad thought) album a listen? Very different sound for them. Sounding more like Imagine Dragons IMO, but I'm liking the album more than I thought I would.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #39
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Of all the NuMetal albums I listened to growing up (and MAN were there a lot of them) Drowning Pool's "Sinner" was the one I listened to most. When I heard he died I was devastated
I remember when he performed at Wrestlemania X-8, playing Triple H to the ring, as well as "Tear Away" (I got way too attached to that song at the time)

Quote:
On topic, did anyone give Linkin Park's latest (last? ...thats a sad thought) album a listen? Very different sound for them. Sounding more like Imagine Dragons IMO, but I'm liking the album more than I thought I would.
I quite like, aside from "Heavy", "Battle Symphony" and "Talking to Myself" (it's sort of become the soundtrack for my relationship with my best friend)
Old 09-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #40
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
I remember when he performed at Wrestlemania X-8, playing Triple H to the ring, as well as "Tear Away" (I got way too attached to that song at the time)
Haha yeah I remember that as well. Too bad their later albums never came close to holding a candle to Sinner.

Quote:
I quite like, aside from "Heavy", "Battle Symphony" and "Talking to Myself" (it's sort of become the soundtrack for my relationship with my best friend)
Yeah, those and Sharp Edges are the standouts for me as well.

Tags
intheendhedidmatter