The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #141
Powder
So tired of this place

Not in my experience, but I met him in 2010, dunno if that's changed. He did a really simple little head sketch for free in my book.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:28 PM   #142
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Does Erik Larsen charge for quick head sketches or sigs?
Free sigs still I imagine. I got a 5-second head sketch for free from him back in 2012, probably the most half-assed of my entire collection, but it was free so I'm not complaining! He'd probably do a nicer one of you offer some $. Pretty cool to see the insane way he holds a pen when he draws too!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #143
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

I met Larson in 2012 and maybe it was the event but he was charging for signatures. I was shocked

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:20 AM   #144
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Noooo! I've just discovered that Stan Sakai is appearing at the London Film and Comic Con yesterday and today. I've been waiting what seems like forever for him to make a UK appearance and I've missed it! There aren't enough sad face smilies in the world to express how I feel right now.

He's also at the Cardiff comic Con in Wales next weekend - if I drive across the country and miss my Dad's birthday, I might still have a chance...
Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #145
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

So I've found out that Kevin Eastman will be at a con near me this summer. Very excited to meet the man, any advice on what to bring? I'm thinking about getting my ultimate collection vol. 1 or IDW #21 to be signed.

Another thing I'm considering is if it's worth signing up for the Eastman fan club if it has any sort of advantage when going to see him at a convention.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #146
Powder
So tired of this place

#1's & solo-books are always a good choice, yeah! I had him do IDW#1 (his cover), his annual, & my oldest Mirage book (#2 2nd print).

Old 02-29-2016, 04:34 PM   #147
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebrush View Post
Noooo! I've just discovered that Stan Sakai is appearing at the London Film and Comic Con yesterday and today. I've been waiting what seems like forever for him to make a UK appearance and I've missed it! There aren't enough sad face smilies in the world to express how I feel right now.
Well that sucks, if I'd known you didn't know, I would have said something. Figured it had been publicised enough on Stan's FB page. I was also able to show Stan and Julie around London again... well, first time for Julie heh.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:18 AM   #148
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Well that sucks, if I'd known you didn't know, I would have said something. Figured it had been publicised enough on Stan's FB page. I was also able to show Stan and Julie around London again... well, first time for Julie heh.
Unfortunately I don't do Facebook , so missed that completely. I only happened to spot a casual mention of it on Twitter on Sunday lunchtime by which time it was too late. Even more annoyingly I'd even looked at the LFCC website the week before and had missed any mention of his appearance on there too!
Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:28 PM   #149
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

Wondering if anyone is going to the Indiana Comic Con? All four voice actors are going to be there from the 80s cartoon. Looking to see if anyone is going and willing to pick me up a signed photo since they don't do pre sale photos for people that can't attend. PM or let me know. Thanks.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:38 AM   #150
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Anyone going to Wondercon this weekend? If so, PM me please
Old 04-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #151
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Anyone know what Mr. Talbot charges or if he even does sketches at conventions? Any info would be great
Thanks
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #152
Powder
So tired of this place

Not sure about "live" sketches/commissions, but he usually brings a big ass book full of pre-made stuff or works in progress (that he can customize to your preference) that range in price from like $60 to $200, each has a price sticker on it. Signs comics for free, naturally. He did do a very simple/loose head sketch in my sketchbook, but I was already buying stuff from him so I dunno if he'd charge for that otherwise (though I don't suspect he would).

Old 04-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #153
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm really tempted to make the three hour trip north for the Indianapolis Comic Con at the end of the month to see the vintage TMNT voice actors and Jim Lawson, but my enthusiasm has dampened a bit to see that Paulson had to cancel.
http://indianacomiccon.com/

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:07 AM   #154
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'm really tempted to make the three hour trip north for the Indianapolis Comic Con at the end of the month to see the vintage TMNT voice actors and Jim Lawson, but my enthusiasm has dampened a bit to see that Paulson had to cancel.
http://indianacomiccon.com/
That really does suck. I'd still go, since the other voice actors are still really cool to meet.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #155
mgambino
Foot Soldier

Heads up for anyone in the Philadelphia area that Jim Lawson is going to be at Philly Comic Con next week. I'm looking forward to meeting him, and hopefully picking up some art.
mgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:38 PM   #156
mgambino
Foot Soldier

I met Jim Lawson at Philly Comic Con today! He was super awesome, and spent a solid amount of time talking with me. I bought a piece of original art from my favorite TMNT issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.8 KB, 31 views)
mgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:46 PM   #157
MiamiTurtles3434
Foot Soldier

Congratulations man. Jim is the best. Great guy
MiamiTurtles3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #158
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

Anyone go to San Diego to check out the 100 Project covers? I would have made it to that one, I couldn't afford a plane ticket though, plus whatever it would cost to stay in Rosarito MX. Right now I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the covers so I can try to pick which one to try to get.
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #159
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

Went to Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con and met Team Eastman both days. Kevin is always great and I was able to buy Raph and Don convention sketches yesterday and today he had more in the portfolio and I had to get Leo and Mikey as well. First time I ever bought any turtle sketches and they will look great framed together. Over all, the Con was great and it was good to see a Con about comics and not about celebrities other than creators and artists. Nicholas Cage was there Friday but his guards wouldn't let anyone near him. My oldest and I got three comics signed, color classics vol 1 signed, two prints and a team eastman #58 (given for buying sketches) and of course the 4 sketches. He also had some large 11x17 sketches with the cartoon logo on top for $150 each. Wish I could have stayed for the Sunday panel but family had other plans for the afternoon. Happy father's day to all the turtle dad's out there.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:27 PM   #160
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

Rose City Comic Con 2016 has some TMNT voice actors scheduled to appear… Jim Cummings (1987 Shredder) and Jon Heder (2012 Napoleon Bonafrog)