The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #3301
Leo656
The Franchise

Seeing people get what they deserve, even when it's long overdue.

"Survey SAYS: ONE MORE... for the GOOD GUYS."

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:53 PM   #3302
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
"Good" being a relative term, lol. (I mean, you're probably one of the prime reasons mankind will never see any d**n unicorns! )

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #3303
Leo656
The Franchise

Because I raped them.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #3304
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What made me happy...

Realizing that if I made it home alive yet again and I wasn't the person who decided to plow through this metal fence today... then it's a pretty good day.

Image from Google street view. Sadly I couldn't get a pic of the actual mishap, and also that might be kind of rude and awkward to do. lol

Didn't see it happen, but when I came out of that store right there (after my weekly visit for my job) the car was still sitting there waiting for the tow truck to do its thing.

Someone who parked in a spot facing the fence must have put it in drive, not reverse, and decided to try to go through it. Luckily they stopped short enough that only about a wheel and a half was hanging over the ledge. But that ledge is definitely a bit higher than the tall Google car camera makes it look, high enough that the idea of driving off would be a bit scary, so I'm sure that poor person needed dry pants after that. And any drivers cars that might have been below and saw a car (and part of a fence) coming at them!

Hopefully whoever did it has a better day tomorrow... lol At least the front of the car didn't really look in too bad of shape so there's that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:27 PM   #3305
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Aaaaw yiss! I got a email about one of my orders from Four Horsemen is on the way. All-Stars 2 Mythic Legions. I ordered a 6-pack of skeletons and Vorgus Vermillius, and next week another order might get shipped
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #3306
Leo656
The Franchise

Those kinds of small things can make an otherwise-uneventful day much brighter, indeed.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #3307
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I've longed for M&M's to bring back the Chili Nut flavor they had in that vote they did for three new flavors a few years ago. (Only the winner -- the coffee one -- stayed.) Come today to find that in new vote includes Jalapeno Nut, which I grabbed with some hope and was not disappointed because I'm pretty sure this is identical or extremely close! Finally!

It's just too bad it's once again left up to a vote. (But bringing it back under a new name kind of sounds like it may have been close second last time?)

OH, yes, and after browsing eBay and Amazon the other day look for display cases for mini figures (and maybe the reg figures too), I ended up finding the best deal from the local Container Store for just $9.99 and were in stock. So pretty happy about that. Are also a little taller like I wanted (so a little Mega Bloks set would fit), compared to the more expensive ones online and have changeable step options.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-28-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #3308
Icebot
Foot Elite

Completing a challenging puzzle made me happy.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #3309
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Found and stocked up on a few of the larger (9.60 ounce) bags of those M&Ms. Was sad when the Chili Nut flavor went away and I couldn't find them anymore. Damned if I don't stock up on a few extras of these identical/similar Jalapeno Nut ones before they vanish if they don't win the vote.

Too bad it was via the more expensive grocery store since Walmart didn't seem to have them, but at least I found them (and slightly on sale).
Old 04-06-2019, 07:06 PM   #3310
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Seeing this photo on the official 'TMNT' Twitter made me happy today.

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/1114569469924454402
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:14 AM   #3311
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When revisiting an old game (MMO) with a friend you both played quite a bit for a few years and the best part isn't the questing together, it's once again all the hysterical stuff that leaves you both dying laughing. Hardest I've laughed in a while, and still laughing posting this.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #3312
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just read an article that Micheal "the ruiner of childhoods" Bay is officially done with the transformer movie franchise and they are just going with Travis Knight's vision.

Now if we can get him away from Turtles
Old 04-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #3313
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That awesome sounding "Egypt Live" event hosted by Josh Gates and airing on Discovery, Science, and Travel channels starting in one hour! (Anyone else gonna check it out?)

4/11 -- I don't remember seeing this at all back when OotS came out, but SO funny, and I'd rate it a happy maker for the laughs today. lol
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS -- The Abridged Script

edit: And just realized they also did a 2014 version as well so... imma go laugh at that too now.

4/13 -- Got my little sapling planted in the ground today. The last existing little one from my beloved old tree that my sister and brother-in-law murdered two summers ago. (And I feel that harshly about it, yes.) Second winter in a row I watched over it sitting in the basement, begging it to be only dormant. Seems to already have the hints of a couple leave buds happening thankfully, so that looks like good news. (I've had a plant light on it and the house plants, but how it knows that it's spring... Last year it didn't wake up until after about a week and a half in sunlight in a window.) Now to hope that it takes to its new spot and grow up big and strong and hope that my 2-year-old nephew will listen and leave it alone. Will have his parent's hides if they let him do anything to it considering what they already did to its mother.

Only draw back is that it was growing in a pot with a few small dwarf banana. Was hoping I could separate them, but given how the roots of the banana plants have spread, I don't dare screw with that and risk harming anything. I do have more in another pot, though still feel bad about sacrificing these few come fall, but they can help protect the little tree for now.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-13-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:06 PM   #3314
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Today's happy-maker- somehow managing to accidentally pull off the most AWESOME fast-food "trick" E-VER!! I was taking an order at our counter, and when I pulled out a cup from the holder to give the customer, another one came out with it, and the second one flew out, flipped completely over the counter, and right into her hands! 😲😎😁 We both were kind of stunned at what happened, and laughed and said it was a pretty cool coincidence. Wish I could have video'ed it, because I could never repeat that feat in a million years, lol!

Yeah, that was the highlight of my day. It was like Tom Cruise in Cocktail- only with an empty cup instead of open bottles.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #3315
Icebot
Foot Elite

I spent the weekend at a video game convention, that made me happy.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #3316
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Yo, that sounds awesome as hell, Icebot. What was some of the coolest stuff you saw there?
Old 04-23-2019, 06:17 PM   #3317
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Yo, that sounds awesome as hell, Icebot. What was some of the coolest stuff you saw there?
Yes, I had an incredibly awesome time!

I ran into several YouTubers and talked to two of them, the ones that ran the event. I watched people race in video games and played video games. I even got to play in a Super Smash ultimate tournament!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #3318
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I already have three kittens to socialize at 8 weeks old.

Now I have a 3 week old baby!

The lady who brought me the original three came back to give them dewormer and flea medication. And I gotta say, catching three semi-feral hissy kittens was a cakewalk next to dealing with dogs getting mean to each other at work.

Why can't I get paid to do this, I fvking swear...
Old 04-24-2019, 08:03 PM   #3319
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Got an asked for Amazon gift card for my b-day. Plan on collection the "The Works" volumes of Mirage and already have the first two. Been looking around online for the 3rd at a better price, though even on eBay that one doesn't ever seem to be listed for anything cheaper than retail... And when it does the shipping pushes it back up there or beyond.

So then the same evening after getting this gift card I went looking around for it again and found a "used - like new" for only $12.81 (plus $6.02 shipping) via a third party Amazon seller (with high seller rating else I wouldn't have touched it) and is already in the mail, so that's a good happy maker.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #3320
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Got two free movie passes earlier this week from an anonymous source at hubby's dialysis clinic, so guess what we are going to go see this weekend? We were planning to go anyway, but this makes it even better! Also making me happy, is all the Endgame swag we got at work for the Happy Meal promotion, like some cool hats for the crew, and stickers and stuff to give kids. So I grabbed a hat, and one of each of the stickers, and I am saving back one of each of the toys to add to my collection. And hubby got me a Stan Lee memorial shirt to wear when I go see it.