The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What should the next movie be?
a continuation of the Original trilogy/ tmnt 2007 7 15.22%
A completely new reboot not connected to anything before it. 39 84.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Should the next film be another chapter in the Original trilogy or a new reboot?

I was recently having this thought, that I would not want the next tmnt film to be an origin story since it has been done many times in the past and gets repetitive after a while in my opinion.

Instead, I think that the next film should be a full CG animated continuation of the original trilogy and tmnt 2007, showing older turtles in a new situation rather than the old "we tell April where we came from then beat Shredder" story.

What are your thoughts? Do you think the Original movie turtles being in the next movie will work, or does the next film need to start completely fresh?

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-10-2017 at 06:29 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
ToTheNines
[sic]

Reboot.

I would really like an animated feature or comic book with some Steve Barron involvement that is a true sequel to the 1990 movie and totally ignores SotO.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The only way I'd be alright with another movie in the original trilogy is if they brought back the suits and the voice actors.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Reboot.

I don't see the turtle suits coming back, it's ancient technology. In TMNT 1, in some scenes like when Mikey raised his head screaming "I love being a turtle!", I can see the suit's crumpled line opening under his neck and that took me out of believing the character is real. :/ Nope, that simply will not do. No more.

CGI is the way to go: most creatures are cgi nowadays: Hulk, Avatar, Beast (from Beauty & the Beast), Caesar (War for Planet of the Apes), Smeagol (Lord of the Ring), etc.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There's really not enough "good" in the first four movies that it's worth getting back into now. And no one is going to invest in such a movie. "30 years later, the sequel." That's only been tried once with comic book movies, with Superman Returns, and that was a flop.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
mrmaczaps
Banned

They can make a new movie using suits and use cgi as touchups... that would be the way to go... this full on cgi crap has to stop. Did movie makers not learn from the Star Wars Prequels?!? Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fun Fact: Robbie Rist plays Mondo Gecko in the Nick cartoon and can still do his original movie Michelangelo voice perfectly....and the last time he played Mike was in Movie III which came out in 1993....20+ years ago.

Man, how do VA's still have the same voice after 20 years?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #8
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's really not enough "good" in the first four movies that it's worth getting back into now. And no one is going to invest in such a movie. "30 years later, the sequel." That's only been tried once with comic book movies, with Superman Returns, and that was a flop.
As much as a continuation sounds enticing and I'm not a huge fan of reboots, I have to agree with Andrew on this one. 2007 TMNT tried doing a sort of "hiatus" for the turtles and although I loved their personalities in this one it really didn't feel quite right, and Superman Returns was a pretty bad flop. I'd go for a reboot for sure.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #9
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Utroms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Reboot.

I would really like an animated feature or comic book with some Steve Barron involvement that is a true sequel to the 1990 movie and totally ignores SotO.
Great, so we could have a real "Secret of the Ooze", with Utroms as first planned.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote