The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #81
sdp
-

But all these minority communities have come together to form a majority and they haven't used that power wisely and alienated a large part of the population, including myself who I'm sure some here think of me no better than Vegita or mrmaczapz when I'm quite liberal.

I have heard Chelsea talk and I'm not a fan of her, she is no Bill or even Hillary. If she wants have a public voice then she needs to accept what she gets thrown at her, it's not always fair but that's how things are.

I'm a big fan of Bill and thought Hillary would've been a good president but she lost, and lost big time because of many reasons, the majority being her own damn fault. She needs to just get out of the public life. But I'm sure her new book will continue to say "I take full responsibility but Russia, Misogyny, not my fault."
Old 07-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #82
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Lgbtqrstuv?
Old 07-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #83
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Lgbtqrstuv?
I mentioned the LGBT community and was corrected that it was LGBTQ, that was about a year ago or longer and sure why not. A few months ago I was rudely corrected that it was LGBTQ and like 3 more letters to "better represent", sorry that's just ridiculous, they can call me a homophobe if they like. And you will be too eventually since apparently there's an infinite number of letters they can add.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #84
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I prefer LGBTBBQ myself.

I don't hear Chelsea complaining about how she's being treated, I'm pointing out the logical fallacy of going after her parents when she says something.

Really I'm just tired of Andrew's s*** stirring.
I want to believe he's better than this, but as days go on I'm beginning to question that belief.

Now I can't speak to your specific feeling of alienation, but I've seen a lot of people online complaining about how minority groups they aren't a party of have alienated them.

Usually it can be summed up by saying: they made me feel bad.
If you honestly believe in a cause, and you get turned away from that cause because the people most directly affected by the injustice in question make you feel bad... You weren't really a very good Ally to begin with.

And in conclusion, Hillary should stay exactly where she wants to be. Nobody tells Jimmy Carter to get out of public life. Or Al Gore. People who don't like her don't like her because she's an uppity bint, and that's all the more reason she shouldn't go away.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 07-27-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #85
sdp
-

I'm happy not being a good ally then. Really f-ck anyone with the "with us or against us attitude". That's the whole reason we even have Trump as president to begin with.

Andrew has been doing the same thing he's done since he joined the forum, just before it was with OT fanboys
Old 07-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #86
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Andrew has been doing the same thing he's done since he joined the forum, just before it was with OT fanboys
Andrew still triggers me when he takes a jab at FW, and its awesome.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #87
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I'm happy not being a good ally then. Really f-ck anyone with the "with us or against us attitude". That's the whole reason we even have Trump as president to begin with.
Well I mean, what else is there? If you're not trying to be part of the solution, then by definition you're part of the problem.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #88
plastroncafe

Quote:
It's stuff like this that makes you indistinguishable from zaps and Vegita.

Now if you want to have a conversation about ideological purity, and how it's detrimental, yeah we can do that.

But if you're really just butt mad that acting like a decent human being didn't win you the accolades, butt pats, and cookies you feel it deserved.... Yeah, ain't nobody got time for that crap.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #89
sdp
-

Except things in life aren't that simple but yeah that whole alienating everyone strategy sure has paid off so far!

Horse Shoe theory

Last edited by sdp; 07-27-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #90
plastroncafe

Gosh, person who can probably walk away from an oppressive situation easily, please tell me more about how things in life are not easy or simple.

It's not something I had ever considered, what with being part of an oppressed minority.

See here's something that was really hard for me to learn as a CIS white person:. There are some times and places where my opinion is not required or appreciated. Those are the times in which I best help the cause by standing back, listening, and letting people more directly affected by the topic at hand speak of their own experiences.

This, I find, is the most difficult thing for majority populations to understand. Because for so long everything was about in catered to them.

And when these times come, and I don't recognize them right away, getting mad at the oppressed minority is wrong.
My anger should be directed towards the source of the oppression. Not the people experiencing

Always punch up, never punch down.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #91
sdp
-

Again, life is not that simple, we live in a tough world with issues that aren't easily resolved as much as an ideological view might seem to be. Not that I expect someone who has only ever lived in a first world country can imagine the oppression that so many have to face. I can assure you I have been affected more by a Trump presidency than the majority of the people complaining about him. #firstworldprivilege
Old 07-27-2017, 09:45 PM   #92
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Except things in life aren't that simple but yeah that whole alienating everyone strategy sure has paid off so far!

Horse Shoe theory
https://putanumonit.files.wordpress....show.png?w=640
why is a statue of Moloch on this chart??
Old 07-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #93
sdp
-

to emphasize the evilness I guess, it was the only medium size jpg I found for horse shoe theory in my quick search
Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #94
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

What are the chances of Clinton's new book revealing/hinting at something that might make a difference in the ongoing investigations regarding Russia/the election?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Uh oh... "Ex-Cruz aide: Trump presidency 'is effectively over'":
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/34...ively-over?amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
What are the chances of Clinton's new book revealing/hinting at something that might make a difference in the ongoing investigations regarding Russia/the election?
Zero.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #96
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Uh oh... "Ex-Cruz aide: Trump presidency 'is effectively over'":
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/34...ively-over?amp
Yep. Any time now!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only way Trump doesn't last 4 years is he either resigns himself, which is unlikely due to his ego, or he gets assassinated. The latter is probably not likely either, given we haven't had a president killed in office in a long, long time.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:24 PM   #98
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only way Trump doesn't last 4 years is he either resigns himself, which is unlikely due to his ego, or he gets assassinated. The latter is probably not likely either, given we haven't had a president killed in office in a long, long time.
Unless he was tried for possible felonies in the future and convicted, option 1 ain't happening either.

I haven't caught up on Trump in a while, so if he's done something heinous, let me know. Politics I don't want to involve myself in too heavily.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #99
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, I don't see him resigning over "trumped up" allegations or "smoke" that doesn't ever go anywhere. If anything, I could see him just... not running a second term if this term runs him sufficiently ragged.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #100
plastroncafe

That's the thing though, we could have 100% proof positive that he's in the pocket of a foreign nation, and his base would shrug it off.

Because they're apparently willing to sell their own country down the river, so long as it makes people they disagree with mad.

Which...okay.

I'm sticking to my original theory:
He'll be in the Oval so long as the GOP Majority in Congress can get him to rubber stamp everything they want....and then they'll remove him, and expect to be crowned champions.

Only, it would appear that the GOP Majority in Congress kind of...sucks at their job.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
andrew likes tags