The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 05:20 AM   #201
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Lin Shaye, Who’s Been in Many Scary Movies, Says the Upcoming ‘Grudge’ is Her Scariest to Date
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...scariest-date/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:01 PM   #202
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Watched “The Bar” and “The Invisible Guest” starring Mario Casas.

Surprisingly great eventhough it’s Spanish. 5/5 wow amazing.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:12 AM   #203
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Has anyone watched all of the Conjuring Universe films yet? If you have, what ranking would you give them? I have mine at:

5. The Nun
4. Annabelle
3. The Conjuring 2
2. Annabelle Creation
1. The Conjuring

Old 11-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #204
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Emily Blunt Teases Prequel Elements For A Quiet Place 2
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...k32K08lDAvq.99

Old 11-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #205
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Has anyone watched all of the Conjuring Universe films yet? If you have, what ranking would you give them? I have mine at:

5. The Nun
4. Annabelle
3. The Conjuring 2
2. Annabelle Creation
1. The Conjuring
1. The Conjuring 2
2. Annabelle Creation
3. The Conjuring
4. Annabelle
5. The Nun
Old 11-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #206
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Red face

Watching Halloween 2018 in the cinema. Bored so I’m typing.

A lot of boring scenes, don’t understand the hype. Isn’t he like the same person as Jason from Friday the 13th?

1. The intro is stupid and pointless. 2 reporters going to a psycho hospital and showed the killer his mask (which he got from the Attorney General office??? Wtf?? Why would anyone hand over evidence to some reporters???). So anyone he kept showing the mask to him and taunting him and other patients screams and... queue title?? Pointless.
2. Why the **** a little boy carrying a shotgun and accidentally shot an elderly man with such precision?? Why the **** that old man didn’t announce his presence slowly but instead he literally jumped out and shouted don’t shoot? What kind of idiot is this old man, was he born yesterday?? Who wrote this stupid script? Oh the boy got killed, nice.
3. Ugly man reporter got killed. Useless woman reporter got killed eventhough she has a crowbar but refused to fight along/using it at all.
4. Many idiotic/careless civilians got killed, they kinda deserve it because of their own foolishness so I feel nothing for them lol.
5. The babysitter got killed because her stupid boyfriend just took so long hesitating eventhough she’s been shouting non stop. He’s also constantly smoking some weed so he can die too idgaf.
6. At least this granny is a badass and always constantly vigilant and prepared.
7. This girl protagonist’s mother is so annoying and loud. And now the dumb bitch is harassing authorities and police due to her own incompetence. Dumb bitch deserve to be killed wow. And her disgusting husband should be killed too, talking about his peanut butter penis in front of his own daughter wtf.
8. Now this crazyass psycho doctor killed the sheriff. Now he’s obsessed to be the killer as well.
9. Welp now the doctor died a squishy death by the killer. The head was too soft like mashed potato so it doesn’t look realistic at all.
10. The badass granny and her daughter reunited. That’s nice.
11. The dad died by neck snap. Good. The annoying mother hid in the basement. Final showdown.
12. The stupid girl protagonist screaming loudly in the woods amidst body parts just to let the killer know her location. Sigh, this bitch..
13. Badass grandma has shutters for every room. Nice.
14. The girl reunite with the mom and these 2 wont shut up despite there’s a killer in the house. Can the mom slap the noisy girl instead of shushing her slowly?
15. Nice trap. And the 3 girls survived? Nice.

Overall 6/10. If they remove the pointless scenes and annoying character traits would be great.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 11-05-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #207
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

A lot of boring scenes, don’t understand the hype. Isn’t he like the same person as Jason from Friday the 13th? .
This is a joke, right?
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #208
Leo656
The Franchise

"If they removed, y'know, the movie, it'd be a pretty good movie."

Oh, you.
---------------

I'unno, i feel like 3 weeks or however long it's been is long enough for Spoilers to not be an issue anymore. Besides, all scientific studies on the subject conclusively prove that human beings do NOT like surprises, no matter how much they insist they do, because your enjoyment of a thing is always connected to your expectations of that thing, and having a general idea gives you a chance to set your expectations accordingly.

I think once we hit "The whole world's seen it but me" territory, all bets are off. I haven't seen it yet either, but I completely don't care about Spoilers.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #209
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I ignore any opinion Shark Blade has due to the fact he thinks the TMNT reboot has no flaws.

Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-2020-release/

Old 11-28-2018, 05:26 PM   #210
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Spoilers are our friends in here.

I saw the Halloween 2018 movie a few weeks ago. It was eh.. so-so.
Opinions are hidden within the spoilers.

Spoiler:
A couple of complaints that I had with the movie were, there were just too many unlocked doors for Myers to have access to, along with him possessing 'super-human strength' just to kill the victims like he did.

A few broken neck deaths ..maybe. Kinda on the over-kill side, but, okay.
Stomp-smashing a guy's head in like a rotten pumpkin? ..pfft, nope.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:59 AM   #211
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I ignore any opinion Shark Blade has due to the fact he thinks the TMNT reboot has no flaws.

Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-2020-release/
Jordan Peele gives me hope there will finally be a good horror remake.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #212
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 12-26-2018, 05:16 AM   #213
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 01-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #214
The Deadman
Foot Elite

New Line Cinema Can’t Escape Death, Plans ‘Final Destination’ Reboot!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...nation-reboot/

‘Polaroid’ No Longer Being Developed at Netflix
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...lix-exclusive/

Amblin’s ‘The White Room’ Described as ‘Don’t Breathe’ Meets ‘Hereditary’
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ts-hereditary/

‘Behind’: Lionsgate Teams with Sam Raimi’s Ghost House for Demonic Baby Abduction Horror Film
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...n-horror-film/

Old 02-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #215
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 02-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #216
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

A lot of boring scenes, don’t understand the hype. Isn’t he like the same person as Jason from Friday the 13th?

1. The intro is stupid and pointless. 2 reporters going to a psycho hospital and showed the killer his mask (which he got from the Attorney General office??? Wtf?? Why would anyone hand over evidence to some reporters???). So anyone he kept showing the mask to him and taunting him and other patients screams and... queue title?? Pointless.
2. Why the **** a little boy carrying a shotgun and accidentally shot an elderly man with such precision?? Why the **** that old man didn’t announce his presence slowly but instead he literally jumped out and shouted don’t shoot? What kind of idiot is this old man, was he born yesterday?? Who wrote this stupid script? Oh the boy got killed, nice.
3. Ugly man reporter got killed. Useless woman reporter got killed eventhough she has a crowbar but refused to fight along/using it at all.
4. Many idiotic/careless civilians got killed, they kinda deserve it because of their own foolishness so I feel nothing for them lol.
5. The babysitter got killed because her stupid boyfriend just took so long hesitating eventhough she’s been shouting non stop. He’s also constantly smoking some weed so he can die too idgaf.
6. At least this granny is a badass and always constantly vigilant and prepared.
7. This girl protagonist’s mother is so annoying and loud. And now the dumb bitch is harassing authorities and police due to her own incompetence. Dumb bitch deserve to be killed wow. And her disgusting husband should be killed too, talking about his peanut butter penis in front of his own daughter wtf.
8. Now this crazyass psycho doctor killed the sheriff. Now he’s obsessed to be the killer as well.
9. Welp now the doctor died a squishy death by the killer. The head was too soft like mashed potato so it doesn’t look realistic at all.
10. The badass granny and her daughter reunited. That’s nice.
11. The dad died by neck snap. Good. The annoying mother hid in the basement. Final showdown.
12. The stupid girl protagonist screaming loudly in the woods amidst body parts just to let the killer know her location. Sigh, this bitch..
13. Badass grandma has shutters for every room. Nice.
14. The girl reunite with the mom and these 2 wont shut up despite there’s a killer in the house. Can the mom slap the noisy girl instead of shushing her slowly?
15. Nice trap. And the 3 girls survived? Nice.

Overall 6/10. If they remove the pointless scenes and annoying character traits would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I saw the Halloween 2018 movie a few weeks ago. It was eh.. so-so.
Opinions are hidden within the spoilers.

Spoiler:
A couple of complaints that I had with the movie were, there were just too many unlocked doors for Myers to have access to, along with him possessing 'super-human strength' just to kill the victims like he did.

A few broken neck deaths ..maybe. Kinda on the over-kill side, but, okay.
Stomp-smashing a guy's head in like a rotten pumpkin? ..pfft, nope.
I agree, boring cash-grab mediocre film that is as lame as Rob Zombie's remake and Halloween 6 (even in producer's cut) and not as horrible as 5 and Resurrection! i just think it's time to let go of this franchise and let it rest in peace as it' been dead for a long time and died with Halloween H2O which to me was the final story as Michael DIED in that one as far as i'm concerned. I mean your just gonna get diminishing returns and when that happens you gotta let a franchise go and rest in peace in favor of new franchises and new icons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7kBSgcXbw&t=5226s

Check out at t 1:24:34 which is a controversial rant by 2 youtube friends of mine Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life urging audiences and studios to just let iconic horror franchises and beloved horror icons to just die and rest in peace and move on to make fresh brand new ones.

With comparisons to the Universal monsters of the 30s/40s/50s, slasher craze and crash of the 80s and the recent trend of sequelizing and remaking Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday The 13th (despite they with me like the 2009 remake and no sequel has happened in 10 years), Elm Street, Child's Play, Scream, Saw, Hellraiser, etc. and how they feel it's time to let these franchises and beloved horror icons to rest a peaceful death than to constantly bring them back in hope of new life/profit/old glory otherwise they are gonna be zombies

Make new horror icons that are fresh and new! it's how Michael Myers, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, Jigsaw, Ghostface, Jason Voorhees and Pinhead came to be as they were not copies of the universal monsters but unique in their own ways. Horror needs unique fresh icons again like take for example Annabelle she is the new Chucky, Not the same tired old ones force fed to new generations like they are still as cool as they were in the 80s 90s and early 2000s. They had their time in the sun and earned retirement from the genre, let them kick off their shoes to relax, bringing them back constantly is only gonna hurt their legacy and turn them into jokes. I know it is sad but it is true, it's time to move on.

No need for anymore Halloween sequels, terrible Hellraiser sequels, Don Mancini made crappy Child's Play sequels (i felt the series ended at 3), anymore poor Leatherface sequels/prequels (the last TCM worth a damn was 1990's 3 while 2003's remake was decent), the 15th Leprechaun movie, more Children of the Corn sequels etc. it's a dead horse already and they are beating it, sometimes dead is better and this video tells the truth and i'm standing by them
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:59 PM   #217
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

I have a religious thing with Horror Express , to some its just a monster movie , to me its a lot more

Never seen Critters , Ghoulies , Leprechaun......
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #218
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
Never seen Critters , Ghoulies , Leprechaun......
Man... get on that. In that order.

Then The Gate when you're done those.

(Or just skip Leprechaun altogether and go straight for The Gate )
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #219
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
No. Do NOT skip Leprechaun! It is a MUST for any horror fan.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:54 PM   #220
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Hahaha to be fair I only seen it once. Within the last year, actually. And it was fun! Just well below the others listed IMO.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote