The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #181
at478
Random Punk

im so glad i didnt buy the recording sessions from andy. i know i wouldve been ripped off.
at478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:33 AM   #182
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
btw... there are seven missing cues from II. The DAT tape was apparently damaged and they were un-salvageable.
That might explain to some extent why a company like Intrada hasn't released the score yet. They want it complete.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #183
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
That might explain to some extent why a company like Intrada hasn't released the score yet. They want it complete.
"Completeness" is rarely a criteria which holds them back. "Complete" releases are a VERY new idea. One of Intrada's latest releases, "Troy", has like 6 minutes missing for licensing reasons. There are lots of variables that can inhibit a record label from doing a project like TMNT. Maybe they can't figure out who owns publishing rights. Maybe someone isn't interested in licensing out. Maybe John Du Prez has his own ideas about a release.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #184
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Did the NInja Rap have an official music video? I can't tell if it did or if the ones on youtube are fanmade music videos.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #185
litefoot
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I guess time will tell on those missing tracks. I feel like an official release for some of these scores, if not all, isn't too far off.
La La Land Records have announced details of their five 'Black Friday' releases. Everything except the titles, that is!

We can speculate all day about these:

LLLCD 1433 – 2 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS - $29.98
LLLCD 1439 – 1 CD – LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS - $19.98
LLLCD 1446 – 4 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS - $49.98
LLLCD 1447 – 2 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS - $29.98
LLLCD 1450 – 2 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS - $29.98

Maybe one is Turtles. Maybe none of them are. Just putting it out there. Titles announced Nov 24th.

Last edited by litefoot; 11-16-2017 at 10:59 AM.
litefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #186
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by litefoot View Post
La La Land Records have announced details of their five 'Black Friday' releases. Everything except the titles, that is!

We can speculate all day about these:

LLLCD 1433 – 2 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS - $29.98
LLLCD 1439 – 1 CD – LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS - $19.98
LLLCD 1446 – 4 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS - $49.98
LLLCD 1447 – 2 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS - $29.98
LLLCD 1450 – 2 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS - $29.98

Maybe one is Turtles. Maybe none of them are. Just putting it out there. Titles announced Nov 24th.
Hrmm ... judging by the people's reactions to this on Twitter, a lot assume the 4 CD set is going to be Star Trek. Will have to look into this next week! I'm hoping we hear some news about traction into a full three movie score soon!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:31 PM   #187
TheSkeletonMan939

The 4CD set is likely Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which the company has been teasing for a while now. One of the 2CD sets is Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #188
litefoot
Mouser

Yep, the 4-CD set can't be Star Trek - all their previous Trek sets have been 3000 units. This one is 5000.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #189
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

They could do these one at a time. It doesn't have to be a 4 disc set with either the three Du Prez scores or those scores with Badelt's score. So, in theory, one of these scores could be the single disc album, which is limited to 2000 units. For some reason, I imagined LLL giving TMNT a 3000 quantity pressing, but who knows? I think sometimes that's not up to the label.

It could be one of the two-disc albums, as well. Though, I'm not sure if any single score, even with alternates, could warrant two discs. One possible could be a combined package with two of the scores, although that seems less likely, but hey, it could happen.

If I were a betting man, I'd say this isn't our time. But I feel like it will happen within the next few years.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:09 AM   #190
litefoot
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
If I were a betting man, I'd say this isn't our time.
You were correct. Titles are

Apocalypse Now Unused score
Dr Doolittle (60s film)
Close Encounters
Titanic 4-CD set
Die Another Day

I will be in for the last one, as the original CD was missing an hour of music, and this new version will have the complete score.

Oh well!
Old 11-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #191
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

It's been a few months since TristanHuwJones let us know that good things come to those who wait and my mind is still going crazy on the possibilities!

Hope we get some news soon!!
Old 12-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #192
thenutrient
Mouser

Oh My God!

Every now and then I check back on Google to see if there's a release available from the original 1990 movie.
I can't believe we actually got the (nearly) complete scores to II and III. I would never even have thought those would ever see the light of day, since they were much less popular.

A big moment for me to be able to listen to them. Fantastic!

By the way, I emailed LaLaLand about a Ninja turtles score about seven or eight years ago and there response was that they'd love to do it, "but it's not possible at this time". Glad to see that last sentence has disappeared from their answers. Here's hoping for that ultimate holy grail. My last one in fact.
thenutrient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:17 PM   #193
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Funny how thenutrient posts a comment on this post after just joined today about just the score . I just smell something fishy but I could be wrong.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:53 PM   #194
Powder
So tired of this place

The guy's had an account for 4 years, didn't join today. Obviously just a lurker who was happy enough about this find to make their first post.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:07 AM   #195
thenutrient
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Funny how thenutrient posts a comment on this post after just joined today about just the score . I just smell something fishy but I could be wrong.
Huh,

I don't know what's fishy about me expressing my delight over the released scores.

Anyway. Upon my search I came across this event on january 20th. A screening of TMNT followed by a Q&A with John Du Prez.

http://thefridacinema.org/event/teen...talgic-nebula/

I don't know if any of you will be going to this screening and would be able to ask John Du Prez directly if the score will be released? I'm from Europe so I can't be there.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #196
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenutrient View Post

Anyway. Upon my search I came across this event on january 20th. A screening of TMNT followed by a Q&A with John Du Prez.
Nice! NICE NICE NICE! Hopefully someone will record the Q&A, and yes... ask about a score release!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #197
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Yes that makes perfect sense. Let's add up his posts, correlate, subtract them and then start forming conspiracy theories.

Sorry, it's just I've been a victim of this thinking before.

Quote:
Lovely. I'm sure a score question will be brought up.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #198
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Nice! NICE NICE NICE! Hopefully someone will record the Q&A, and yes... ask about a score release!
I would to hear some insight on the score, as well. Far too often that's an area of filmmaking that gets glossed over. I also hope he's interviewed on Turtle Power II.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #199
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
I don't know if any of you will be going to this screening and would be able to ask John Du Prez directly if the score will be released? I'm from Europe so I can't be there.
If anyone is going to this -- it would be great if the audio for the discussion was recorded; I love hearing composer Q&As like this.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #200
thenutrient
Mouser

So the q&a has passed. I managed to contact the moderator to ask if anything was said about a score release. He said it is in the works!