The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #1
LuckyLadybug
Thug

Irma and Vernon

So I've been thinking that Irma and Vernon totally do not like each other. Of course, that is logical from Vernon's POV especially, since he seems to dislike just about everyone and is always putting them down, including Irma. And Irma had outright expressed her distaste of Vernon in some episodes.

But then I started thinking about some scenes between them that seem to challenge that idea a bit. Irma seems like she's trying to be awfully unnecessarily helpful/nice to Vernon in Mutagen Monster when she follows through with April's sarcastic suggestion to bring him some warm milk to calm down. And in ... Shreeka's Revenge (I think), Irma really seemed to want Vernon to attend April's birthday party, which seems rather odd considering that she knows April and Vernon do not like each other (and considering that Irma has said how much she doesn't like Vernon).

Is Irma just trying to be a good employee and get along as much as she can with everyone on the staff? Or is it possible that she actually doesn't dislike Vernon as much as she claims? It's a puzzle that's only recently occurred to me and I'm wondering whether to try addressing it in one of my future stories or if I should leave it be.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #2
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadybug View Post

Is Irma just trying to be a good employee and get along as much as she can with everyone on the staff?
I think you got your answer here. Vernon probably tests most people's patience so even Irma has her limits.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I'm not certain, but Irma and Vernon seemed to be frenemies, as they appeared to both like and dislike each other at different times (in the episode Convicts from Dimension X, for example).
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior

I seem to recall an episode where Irma was hoping for a date--she asked if Bigfoot is married...and Vernon hoped to get news story better than April (seemed like April and Vernon had their fair share of competition).

April, Irma, and Vernon--almost a 3 Stooges comparison

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadybug View Post
Is Irma just trying to be a good employee
and that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Irma and Vernon seemed to be frenemies
Imo. I mean, she's not an uncaring person, so prob at least as a co-worker I can see that she might offer a hand to be friend-like now and then, even to an ass like Vernon. Maybe a little niceness or inclusion is an attempt to get him to chill a bit and stop acting like such a standoffish priss with a thorn in his butt.

At the same time, I'm tempted to just say, It's Irma, the eternally man-crazy, she's probably just reacting to pheromones.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #6
LuckyLadybug
Thug

I like the frenemies concept! Irma and Vernon do have some ... interesting adventures together. I was thinking of the Convicts episode and also the Were-Rats one.

And I like the idea that Irma is trying to maybe help Vernon be a nicer person. That was kind of one of the ideas I was toying with if I wanted to explore this a little more.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I'm not certain, but Irma and Vernon seemed to be frenemies, as they appeared to both like and dislike each other at different times (in the episode Convicts from Dimension X, for example).
Sure they cooperated when teleported away from Earth to another distant planet.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote