The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 02-26-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
Splinter
Radical Rat

TMNT on Cartoon Network - Premieres 4/19

That's right everyone. While it was originally planned to start in March, it seems it's going to finally be added to the CN schedule in April. It will air weekday nights at 6 PM in the new 'Miguzi Block' targeting viewers ages 6-11. This block of programing was previously known as Toonami, which is being moved to Saturday Nights starting the 17th of April and target an older audience with shows like Gundam Seed and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Cartoon Network has access to the first 40 Episodes of TMNT (2003) running up to City at War pt. 1. Hopefully the rest of the episodes in time will be picked up by Cartoon Network. Or we'll end up with another gear-up for a storyline before the series restarts again. Which happened with the X-Men Evolution animated series as well. We'll all be waiting eagerly for news.

[Thanks to Ninja Tiptup for the news]

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Well, it's a few weeks later, but that's ok. I just can't wait until it's on everyday!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:43 PM   #3
MasterMole
Foot Soldier

In a timeline for 6-11 year-olds?! This show is definitely for teenagers and adults as well, if not more. Deep storyline from original Comics.
The old show easily could fit into that age group, but not this new show. NO.
Cartoon Network made a mistake there, but at least they will air it at a good time.
TMNT are Cool. I anticipate buying the next toy(I hope) and watching the next episode. Will a company please give the Proper DVD release to the current and classic Turtles cartoons? Playmates Toys: Shape Up, OR feast on my large,lumpy,hairy MOLE, then Back Off!
MasterMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Just 'cause it's targeted to a certain age group dosent mean that's the only people that are gonna watch it . I know 20 somethings that watch Baby Looney Tunes, and my nephew thinks Happy Tree Friends is really funny, and he's only 3.

I'm glad they're gonna play the whole series all the way through, it'll give me a shot to refresh everything .
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Awesome. Finally, the show will be givin a bigger audience. This will strangthen it's Fox Box position as well.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #6
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Toonami use to target that and they've aired Tenchi, Outlaw Star, and Rurouni Kenshin. Surely you know by now that the new TMNT is first and foremost a kids show. They just get the extra bonus of us older fans loving it so much and thus why they throw in homages to the old TMNT here and there.