The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Channel Six's crew members and their roles

So, if you recall, in the FW series, we get to know some of Channel Six's crew. Asides April there's mainly Burne(the boss), Vernon and Irma. But then you also have a bald middle aged dude wit ha moustache, Blodgett(was in one of the Eye of Sarnoth episodes only) and that lanky blonde haired guy. And I remember in one episode April calling someone "Phil", but we didn't see his face. But what was the role of each crew member, exactly?

Vernon was mostly a cameraman at first... but then also covered stories as a reporter? And he was the one who fired Blodgett, remember? He had the authority to fire people?

And Irma is even stranger since she was basically a receptionist and operator but then also worked as cameraman later and pretty sure she also was the newscaster in one episode or two where April wasn't available at the time. Was the network really short on staff or something?

As for the bald moustache guy and the blonde guy... well we se them rarely, and if I recall there's an episode where the bald middle aged dude is covering a story and then April arrives and he sorta puts her down for arriving late or wtv.

As for Burne, pretty sure he was everybody's boss. Nothing implied otherwise. And there's an episode where he's the newscaster which was odd but funny.

So yeah, what do you think Channel Six's company chart looked like?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:40 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vernon was both a cameraman for April then was a reporter himself.

I think Irma was really only a receptionist in Season 2 and maybe 3, after that she worked as a camerawoman.

There's also the middle age guy with blonde hair who appeared in a few episodes reporting the news.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I think Irma was really only a receptionist in Season 2 and maybe 3, after that she worked as a camerawoman.

There's also the middle age guy with blonde hair who appeared in a few episodes reporting the news.
The funny thing is, in season one, Vernon wasn't an obnoxious guy yet. He even agreed helping April in her Krang story in episode 5. Also, remember in the 2nd episode where Brune calls April his second best reporter and Vernon tells him she isn't and then Burne says "well 3rd best... maybe."

Made me wonder who Burne considered his best reporter. I mean April gets more work than anyone else and always gets hot stories. Burne should treat her a bit better, no? The rest of Channel Six crew seems to be quite incompetent. They'd go out of business if April ever left them.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:56 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

They didn't really decide Vernon's character until Season 2, in Season 1 he was far more "manly" and less cowardly as well. As the show went on he became more and more comic relief constantly showing him hide from the villains or try to show up April in her story.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:00 AM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
They didn't really decide Vernon's character until Season 2, in Season 1 he was far more "manly" and less cowardly as well. As the show went on he became more and more comic relief constantly showing him hide from the villains or try to show up April in her story.
I dunno if he was less cowardly. He and the other 2 guys ran away from the van in the first episode leaving April alone with Bebop and Rocksteady's gang... leaving a woman alone against a group of several thugs doesn't scream manly to me.

But I agree about the not being comic relief part yet.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:17 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

His voice got higher, he started acting more wimpy or cowardly when things were going on, he also kept trying to harass April or scoop her on her story, etc.

To be honest it's kind of weird that for all the episodes Channel 6 was featured in, they only focused on the same 4 characters. You'd occasionally see them bring in someone else like Blodgett from Season 2 (who wore Shredder's helmet), or that nerdy kid who was the nephew of a boss or something from Season 6, and some others, but you barely saw anyone else who worked there.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
His voice got higher, he started acting more wimpy or cowardly when things were going on, he also kept trying to harass April or scoop her on her story, etc.

To be honest it's kind of weird that for all the episodes Channel 6 was featured in, they only focused on the same 4 characters. You'd occasionally see them bring in someone else like Blodgett from Season 2 (who wore Shredder's helmet), or that nerdy kid who was the nephew of a boss or something from Season 6, and some others, but you barely saw anyone else who worked there.
Nephew of a boss? I only remember in that baby turtles episode Mike and Leo wanting to see April and telling the security guard they were April's nephews. But Vernon's nephew did show up in one episode and Vernon is no boss.

Voice getting higher... well so did Burne's and Leonardo's tbh. Cartoons are like that at times. Remember how Homer sounded in the earlier Simpsons episodes? He sounded much more like a real human and not like a cartoon character.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was in a Season 6 episode, Vernon fed him cake and gave him measles and got him injured when they were supposed to take care of him.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It was in a Season 6 episode, Vernon fed him cake and gave him measles and got him injured when they were supposed to take care of him.
Huh? I honestly can't remember? What was the title of the episode? The only nephew episode in that season was the one with Vernon's. No cake or measles involved there.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't remember off the top of my head, maybe someone else knows.

In some eps of Channel 6 you saw a whole bunch of background characters together like on the roof of "The Big Zipp attack."
Old 04-04-2017, 12:38 AM   #11
Ulisa
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I don't remember off the top of my head, maybe someone else knows.

In some eps of Channel 6 you saw a whole bunch of background characters together like on the roof of "The Big Zipp attack."
I think you guys are talking about "Nightmare in the Lair" While the turtles were dealing with Creepy Eddie, the son of Channel 6's CEO Milton was training with April.
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:39 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulisa View Post
I think you guys are talking about "Nightmare in the Lair" While the turtles were dealing with Creepy Eddie, the son of Channel 6's CEO Milton was training with April.
Ah yeah, that's the episode. Funny we were talking about that ep in the other thread.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Ah yeah, that's the episode. Funny we were talking about that ep in the other thread.
Oh. I don't remember that episode too well. I think I haven't seen it in years. Was never a huge fan of it tbh. That's why I barely remember it.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:21 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was a fun parody/dream episode. I really liked the dreams and how they'd use Don's vision cap to picture a different setting. You should watch the ep again it's pretty fun.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:21 AM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It was a fun parody/dream episode. I really liked the dreams and how they'd use Don's vision cap to picture a different setting. You should watch the ep again it's pretty fun.
They used the "it was only a dream" cliché twice, ti seems. They also did it in Shredderville.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
They used the "it was only a dream" cliché twice, ti seems. They also did it in Shredderville.
But this ep they knew they were in imaginary visions, they weren't actually dreaming.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:24 AM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
But this ep they knew they were in imaginary visions, they weren't actually dreaming.
I'm surprised they never done a Christmas episode... but was never a fan of those anyway.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #18
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Was the network really short on staff or something?
The news station was attacked on a weekly basis, who the hell would want to work there?

Quote:
A change in voice actors between seasons probably contributed to that.

Quote:
I'm surprised they never done a Christmas episode... but was never a fan of those anyway.
I would have liked to have seen a Christmas episode.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:

She was a combination of camerawoman and secretary-receptionist from season 3.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote