The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #61
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,575
Fake plant news. Wait for the real ones, you all...

No reason they'd really be springing up this soon with literally no info to talk about.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Fake plant news. Wait for the real ones, you all...

No reason they'd really be springing up this soon with literally no info to talk about.
PLANTS 3.0... this time they grow roots in advance.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #63
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,460
Yes I joined in 2006 but at that time, I was heavy focused on Gargoyles with the new comics coming out. I don't think I even posted anything about the 2007 movie or even paid any attention to any 2007 movie threads, I can't remember. I remember going to see it but that's it.

I love Gargoyles and TMNT but Gargoyles would always comes first.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #64
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Lol that fact that you all really think the studio would even waist time and resources on a web form instead of places like Facebook which would reach much larger groups and be a whole lot less work. You sure do think very highly of yourselves just saying....
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 02-05-2019 at 01:32 PM.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Lol that fact that you all really think the studio would even waist time and resources on a web form instead of places like Facebook which would reach large groups and be a while lot less work. You sure do think very highly of yourselves just saying....
They have pretty huge marketing budgets. Stuff like this (mitigating the "vibe" on social media including this board/shutting down naysayers) wouldn't cost much.

Though I'm sure they hire third party companies that specialize in such things and it's not like, them directly. Though in the past we've seen actual "talent" masquerade behind alts to rabble-rouse... but that isn't quite the same thing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #66
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They have pretty huge marketing budgets. And stuff like this wouldn't cost much.

Though I'm sure they hire third party companies that specialize in such things and it's not like, them directly. Though in the past we've seen actual "talent" masquerade behind alts to rabble-rouse... which isn't quite the same thing.
I really don't care what you think they're not waiting time on a web forum we h they could do what you described easier and more effectively on social media. Lol
But seriously keep thinking you're more important than you really are.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I really don't care what you think they're not waiting time on a web forum we h they could do what you described easier and more effectively on social media. Lol
But seriously keep thinking you're more important than you really are.
And you just... keep doing exactly what you're doing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #68
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,391
Gosh, I love this place.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,575
I've seen firsthand (but not participated) that companies certainly do pay people to promote and review products in a positive light, and would not at all surprise me if film companies do very similar for their won product. Esp if it's a longtime franchise? The main sites like this are clearly going to be primary targets among others.

Heck, even the makers of this stuff lurk... Remember when Megan Fox tried to cuss out fans prior to 2014 premiering because of the amount of negative feelings over that one? I believe Bay himself tried to get in on that also... (Ugh, then Donnie's actor too, but at least he made up for it later.) If they themselves pay enough attention to get their own feathers ruffled over it, they no doubt would pay people to try to counter it.

Though people are too smart and some of them are too easy to see through. Could end up having the reverse effect then.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #70
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,391
Bobby Curnow, Tristan Jones, Tom Waltz, and Ciro have all been on the 'Drome, plus a lot more creators and writers that I don't remember or haven't bumped into...

But Nickelodeon employees? People working on the movies?

OH SURELY NOT. WHY EVER WOULD THEY!?

Andrew calling out all these plants brings to mind words of wisdom and appreciation from a great, great man...

__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 15,976
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #72
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I've seen firsthand (but not participated) that companies certainly do pay people to promote and review products in a positive light, and would not at all surprise me if film companies do very similar for their won product. Esp if it's a longtime franchise? The main sites like this are clearly going to be primary targets among others.

Heck, even the makers of this stuff lurk... Remember when Megan Fox tried to cuss out fans prior to 2014 premiering because of the amount of negative feelings over that one? I believe Bay himself tried to get in on that also... (Ugh, then Donnie's actor too, but at least he made up for it later.) If they themselves pay enough attention to get their own feathers ruffled over it, they no doubt would pay people to try to counter it.

Though people are too smart and some of them are too easy to see through. Could end up having the reverse effect then.
I'm not saying that there aren't people who promote or even do things that Andrew has discribed, but to thinks there going to waist resources on more then what maybe one person whole legitimately might be a plant on a forun like this is just fluffing your ego this site isn't that big. I used to enjoy it because it used to be A place a lot of different types of fans could go to enjoy different versions of turtles but it's turned into an elitist group of "yaa bro" s


All that stuff you mention wasn't because of this site lol

Yeah there were alot of vocal people many who actively attack the actors on Twitter which is likely who they were actually "attacking"

But sorry they were even thinking about this site sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Bobby Curnow, Tristan Jones, Tom Waltz, and Ciro have all been on the 'Drome, plus a lot more creators and writers that I don't remember or haven't bumped into...

But Nickelodeon employees? People working on the movies?

OH SURELY NOT. WHY EVER WOULD THEY!?

Andrew calling out all these plants brings to mind words of wisdom and appreciation from a great, great man...

https://y.yarn.co/9e92dd8c-1f12-4426...screenshot.jpg
Your point? Those are actual individuals who joined for they're own personal reason you calling them plants???

Andrew didn't call out iack $h!t he called everyone and anyone who enjoyed the movie a plant regardless of why they said they liked it regardless off how long they were a member I was there I remember perfectly fine and you can keep feeding his ego and make feel even more intitled if you want but that not helping anything it's not going this site better it's not helping the fandom. It literally turning a once enjoyable site many frequented regular into a sespool that no longer enjoyable

Keep stroking his ego though it's cute
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 15,976
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #74
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I'm not saying that there aren't people who promote or even do things that Andrew has discribed, but to thinks there going to waist resources on more then what maybe one person whole legitimately might be a plant on a forun like this is just fluffing your ego this site isn't that big. I used to enjoy it because it used to be A place a lot of different types of fans could go to enjoy different versions of turtles but it's turned into an elitist group of "yaa bro" s
Just pointing out to anyone who thinks that it's absurd actual TMNT creators/employees would frequent this board... that we already have known (and appreciated) officials on here.

That means the 'Drome is definitely on corporate radars.

Therefore, this means that plants are not out of the question.

QED. Dots connected! Logic upheld! Yeaaaaaaaaah bro!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:39 PM   #75
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Let me just say, from experience, that "the studio", or "the Network", whatever - I just call them "Corporate" - definitely has time and energy to waste "hawking" a message board, because one of them insisted that I be temp-banned for saying some things about the new cartoon that were explicitly tongue-in-cheek but they didn't take it that way. And I've heard from "on high" that they've influenced events here before. So they're definitely paying close attention to us.

Which reminds me, to those who are watching: "Buy a shirt, my cat's gotta eat. Most people who watch me that closely have to buy tickets."

But anyway. Just to clarify that.

But HEY, I have a great idea, since this all kinda proves my point from earlier in the week. It's gonna solve all our problems. Ready? Here it is:

- Don't put any value in the opinion of strangers on the internet.
- Keep your opinions to yourself.
- Never share.
- Go outside.

Since a bunch of grown-ups lack the vocabulary OR the people skills to express themselves in a non-inflammatory way on either side of any disagreement that comes up around here, then nobody should talk. It's that simple.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #76
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,391
I went ahead and made one addition to your suggested life curriculum... I figured, while you're telling people to stop being basement nerds, you might as well hit ALL the stops.

Good stuff overall, but you missed some basic stuff. B+ C'mon, man, I can't stop grading your papers until you stop leaving out important details. And $hit, man, cite your damn sources.

Doors and corners, rookie. Doors and corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Let me just say, from experience, that "the studio", or "the Network", whatever - I just call them "Corporate" - definitely has time and energy to waste "hawking" a message board, because one of them insisted that I be temp-banned for saying some things about the new cartoon that were explicitly tongue-in-cheek but they didn't take it that way. And I've heard from "on high" that they've influenced events here before. So they're definitely paying close attention to us.

Which reminds me, to those who are watching: "Buy a shirt, my cat's gotta eat. Most people who watch me that closely have to buy tickets."

But anyway. Just to clarify that.

But HEY, I have a great idea, since this all kinda proves my point from earlier in the week. It's gonna solve all our problems. Ready? Here it is:

- Don't put any value in the opinion of strangers on the internet.
- Keep your opinions to yourself.
- Never share.
- Go outside.
- Get laid.

Since a bunch of grown-ups lack the vocabulary OR the people skills to express themselves in a non-inflammatory way on either side of any disagreement that comes up around here, then nobody should talk. It's that simple.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #77
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Fair point, mate.

But frankly, just being around this place as long as I have... I decided to err on the side of caution so as not to "offend" anyone. You know how it is.

Most people here will never slam dunk a basketball. They'll never hit a grand slam. They'll never bowl 300. And so on.

Sometimes it's just plain vulgar to mock people for not doing things that... well... you get where I'm going with this.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #78
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Fair point, mate.

But frankly, just being around this place as long as I have... I decided to err on the side of caution so as not to "offend" anyone. You know how it is.

Most people here will never slam dunk a basketball. They'll never hit a grand slam. They'll never bowl 300. And so on.

Sometimes it's just plain vulgar to mock people for not doing things that... well... you get where I'm going with this.
...

YOU'RE being cautious? YOU'RE trying not to offend anyone?

WTF, man. Did Mirror Universe Leo656 cross over and replace the Leo656 we all knew and lov--er... hmm. That's not right. Um... Knew and tolerated. Yeah, that's it.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #79
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Fair point, mate.

But frankly, just being around this place as long as I have... I decided to err on the side of caution so as not to "offend" anyone. You know how it is.

Most people here will never slam dunk a basketball. They'll never hit a grand slam. They'll never bowl 300. And so on.

Sometimes it's just plain vulgar to mock people for not doing things that... well... you get where I'm going with this.
I'm good on that front im married currently try to conceive so I'm good.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #80
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
...

YOU'RE being cautious? YOU'RE trying not to offend anyone?

WTF, man. Did Mirror Universe Leo656 cross over and replace the Leo656 we all knew and lov--er... hmm. That's not right. Um... Knew and tolerated. Yeah, that's it.
He tried. Then I ripped his still-beating heart out and ate it so as to absorb his power. I've been doing this with all alternative-universe versions of "me" for longer than this present universe has existed.

Ol' Rikki Raiden don't f*ck around.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
animal mineral or, panda cuck fan, tag maker is a cuck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.