The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #81
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
He tried. Then I ripped his still-beating heart out and ate it so as to absorb his power. I've been doing this with all alternative-universe versions of "me" for longer than this present universe has existed.

Ol' Rikki Raiden don't f*ck around.
Holy $hit. Evil Leo656 IS Prime Leo656.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #82
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Just pointing out to anyone who thinks that it's absurd actual TMNT creators/employees would frequent this board... that we already have known (and appreciated) officials on here.

That means the 'Drome is definitely on corporate radars.

Therefore, this means that plants are not out of the question.

QED. Dots connected! Logic upheld! Yeaaaaaaaaah bro!
Oh no I know that it's on their radar I'm just saying it's a tiny blip compare to fb and other social media that much more easily accessible.

Again if you want to stroke your ego and pretend this place is the deciding factor or put stock In Things Andrew say then so be it but you're just playing yourself
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Holy $hit. Evil Leo656 IS Prime Leo656.
Yeah, and I don't go for that head-chopping nonsense. Pussies!

Trivia Fact: The human heart, when consumed, isn't entirely dissimilar to a well-prepared haggis.

...In case anyone is hungry.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:23 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Oh no I know that it's on their radar I'm just saying it's a tiny blip compare to fb and other social media that much more easily accessible.

Again if you want to stroke your ego and pretend this place is the deciding factor or put stock In Things Andrew say then so be it but you're just playing yourself
One factor. Not the deciding factor. And you can tell yourself whatever you wish... unless your marching orders tell you otherwise, of course.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #85
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
One factor. Not the deciding factor. And you can tell yourself whatever you wish... unless your marching orders tell you otherwise, of course.
Lol says the guy thats whole thing on this site is think like me or your garbage lol,

I'm good I've always been transparent in the fact that I'm not a stickler for things, I can enjoy just about any movie in some shape for form. And one thing I don't do I $h!t post others for having a differing feeling about a freaking movie.

But I guy some people have to mature in that aspect of life a little slower then others lol.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #86
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, and I don't go for that head-chopping nonsense. Pussies!

Trivia Fact: The human heart, when consumed, isn't entirely dissimilar to a well-prepared haggis.

...In case anyone is hungry.
Wait, you're Scottish?

Eew.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #87
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Wait, you're Scottish?

Eew.
No, Irish, I just have good taste in things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Lol says the guy thats whole thing on this site is think like me or your garbage lol,
This has not been my experience with Andrew.

I like to cite him as an example because I don't think we agree on much, but we've had some good conversations.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #88
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
No, Irish, I just have good taste in things.



This has not been my experience with Andrew.

I like to cite him as an example because I don't think we agree on much, but we've had some good conversations.
So he's just a d!<k about the movie then? Cuz literally every time I've poped back in since the movie release I have been him just seeing a complete jerk about anything movie related for example this whole freaking thread.... Like legit I have never seen a single constructive thing from him since I've been on here.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #89
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
I think he's a bit more tactful in one-on-one conversations, but otherwise I won't speak for him.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #90
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
So he's just a d!<k about the movie then? Cuz literally every time I've poped back in since the movie release I have been him just seeing a complete jerk about anything movie related for example this whole freaking thread.... Like legit I have never seen a single constructive thing from him since I've been on here.
You're a very, very angry individual.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #91
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
And see this is the crap I'm talking about

BS the whole statement smh

There were plenty of fansof the PD movie only shame was they should have axee the first movie and release the second movie as it was in the first place

But to just will fully ignore a large group because you couldn't be bothered to let those enjoy what they want to. That's the freaking issue smh
I was being flippant but there clearly is not a majority that love the Platinum Dunes movies. If there was the series would not have tanked.

Honestly most of the people on here that were not very obvious plants that loved the movies when pressed admitted they were not really good but they liked them because it was TMNT and as fans they feel they should support anything to do with the brand.

I think you can appreciate that doesn't actually made someone a true fan of the movie. I get it though; if you've spent years passionately defending a project from what looks like awful decisions and telling people to "just give it a chance" it's hard to climb down from that position. You'll hold on to the fleeting "good" bits, you'll hope that somehow the next one will magically fix all the problems and redeem the underlying promise you feel is there. Clearly this did not work.

Quote:
Here is a novel idea maybe things can be subjective like what makes tmnt great is it pretty expensive, so for some what makes tmnt is different from others, I enjoyed the first movie I know that not everyone did but what really made the movie bad was the toxic fans who just can't grasp that others might think differently.
Y'see that was one of things that really ticked me off particularly during the build up to the 2014 movie. If the movie wasn't good it was the fans fault.

If there was this big majority of people who sincerely loved the movie then how could us curmudgeons on a message board spoil that?

We were blamed for actual problems with the making the movie which is bulls**t.There were re-writes and shifting of what the movie was supposed to be during production before Bay decided he didn't like Leibesman's first cut and ordered more than half of the movie re-written and re-shot. We didn't make any of that happen and the impression I get is that since they were changing so much stuff anyway they thought that they might as well throw in one or two things fans wanted. If not for us we would likely gotten aliens, William Fichtner as Shredder and a whole bunch of other crap. I think we did the movie a service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I really believe that if they released out of the shadows first it would have done much better, it was a much better film, it was closer to the source. I honestly enjoyed it and it sucks I don't get to see what happens next.

But I am excited to see what they have in store for us in the next movie
Hard to say.

Praising it for being "true to the source" sounds hollow when you spent most of the the run up and aftermath of the first movie hyping the need for reinvention. There's nothing as bad as taking out the whole backstory and just having Splinter learning ninjitsu from a book and certainly the shock of those designs died down by 2016.

Still there's a lot of the same problems as the first, some have gotten worse. Clearly Nemec and Applebaum still want to write Mission Impossible and want to have characters exposition over and over to each other convoluted explanations for things that don't need it while not bothering explaining things that need explaining.

They blew Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady and the Techndrome - I appreciate budget meant that we couldn't see a proper Dimension-X invasion but no one made them go for this everything including the kitchen sink approach. Considering there would never me a third movie it's debatable but it wouldn't have been better creatively to have left off the Dimension-X stuff for another day and just focus on Shredder commanding Bebop and Rocksteady?

That's basically the thing that probably doomed Out Of The Shadows with it's most crucial audience. The "just turn your brain off" crowd. At some point we needed to see the turtles and the villains properly fight each other. While it was it a bit too Bay-like for me I can appreciate why some people like the Splinter/Shredder fight and the Snow Chase scenes from the first Platinum Dunes. I'd come to terms that these TMNT are more brawler than martial artists but Out Of The Shadows we got lame retreads of the first movie's action set pieces with most of the fighting taken out. How was that going to entertain anyone?
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #92
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You're a very, very angry individual.
Nah I'm a pretty easy going guy I could give two $h!t how you fee. but the fact that I know people you and your ilk pushed off this site. And you sit there like you're some amazing fan and the picture of what a fan should be gtfo, lol but again you can do you

Just don't think anyone should take anything you say with any merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I was being flippant but there clearly is not a majority that love the Platinum Dunes movies. If there was the series would not have tanked.
Never said their was but their we're enough to enjoy it. And enough that a bunch of people wanted to go somewhere and discuss how they liked it and get excite...... .and sadly...... This was not that place much to toxic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Honestly most of the people on here that were not very obvious plants that loved the movies when pressed admitted they were not really good but they liked them because it was TMNT and as fans they feel they should support anything to do with the brand.
that's completely out of context..... Smh yes I can find entertainment in everything turtles even the Christmas specials because I can, doesn't mean I'm some mindless Fan. Just means I'm not so picky as to turn everything into some sort of picked apart critique. They didn't enjoy this movie because they had to it's not like some.nameless thing forced them to Bo they just liked it lol seriously is that so hard to grasp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I think you can appreciate that doesn't actually made someone a true fan of the movie. I get it though; if you've spent years passionately defending a project from what looks like awful decisions and telling people to "just give it a chance" it's hard to climb down from that position. You'll hold on to the fleeting "good" bits, you'll hope that somehow the next one will magically fix all the problems and redeem the underlying promise you feel is there. Clearly this did not work.
I love how your so conceded that you really think that why fan like me felt the way they did I couldnt care less how you feel if you dont like it. But when people actively prosecuted those who did and belittled them till the freaking left the site. And all you people could to was cheer and Pat yourselves on the back like you some how did something good..... Like wtf your just being bullies... Like legit that's it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Y'see that was one of things that really ticked me off particularly during the build up to the 2014 movie. If the movie wasn't good it was the fans fault.
if you didn't find enjoyment of something the yes that it your fault.... Was it not what you wanted yes.... But does that make it wrong..... No. It mean you need to out you big person pants of and freaking move on. Watit for something you do enjoy support the stuff you don't but don't ever belittle and make other feel any less of a person for having enjoyed something you didn't that's just utterly ridiculous.

That what alot of the movie fans had issue with they start thread discussing the very thing they liked and it was flooded with "you're wrong" "you're stupid for liking this" etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
If there was this big majority of people who sincerely loved the movie then how could us curmudgeons on a message board spoil that?
You didn't spoil their enjoyment of the movie but you did make this place a toxic sespool that non of them wanted to be a part of.........
If you can't discuss freely what enoy her they find it else where and they did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
We were blamed for actual problems with the making the movie which is bulls**t.There were re-writes and shifting of what the movie was supposed to be during production before Bay decided he didn't like Leibesman's first cut and ordered more than half of the movie re-written and re-shot. We didn't make any of that happen and the impression I get is that since they were changing so much stuff anyway they thought that they might as well throw in one or two things fans wanted. If not for us we would likely gotten aliens, William Fichtner as Shredder and a whole bunch of other crap. I think we did the movie a service.
Keep telling yourself your the beacon of the community lol

It's this mentality that lead to this place getting so toxic.

"We did this movie a service" keep telling you're self that if it helps you sleep at night.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Hard to say.
It's really not. substantially oots was a better made film with more accurate representation of the turtle I stand by the actors being quite perfect for the turtles at least


I'm not going to argue with you.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #93
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Actually, no, it's always been toxic since Day One.

There's something about grown-ups who think pajamas with cartoon characters on them are acceptable daytime apparel past a certain age. For SOME reason, they can't seem to communicate above a certain level.

Less to do with specific taste, more a matter of, "You're either a grown-up, OR, you're not."

But no, toxicity isn't new. "It's a feature, not a bug", as the kids like to say.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #94
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Actually, no, it's always been toxic since Day One.

There's something about grown-ups who think pajamas with cartoon characters on them are acceptable daytime apparel past a certain age. For SOME reason, they can't seem to communicate above a certain level.

Less to do with specific taste, more a matter of, "You're either a grown-up, OR, you're not."

But no, toxicity isn't new. "It's a feature, not a bug", as the kids like to say.
Idk when I first joint there were lots a disagreement but their wasn't the elitest attitude there is now. I got really excited with influx of fan for the 2012 series and movies then it when to **** like legit Facebook groups are easier to handle then of of the crap I've seen on here

I remember a 12 year old being told he was worthless and retarded like really that how you want to do things lol

Like I get it the internet is a trolly place and all I don't mind I've got thick skin I don't give a crap about what some dude says over a keyboard lol but some places deserve more tact and this place is one of them


Will say this the light saber community have by far been the best group/fandom I've ever been a part off super excepting and helpful and app that. More places should be like that
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:00 PM   #95
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Will say this the light saber community have by far been the best group/fandom I've ever been a part off super excepting and helpful and app that. More places should be like that
Were I ever in charge of "Things", my first official act would be to abolish all forums and message boards.

Nobody NEEDS to make their opinion about garbage such as cartoons, movies, toys and TV shows public. We got along fine as a species for a long, long time without it. The biggest problem with the internet is that everyone has a voice, but most of them really have nothing relevant to say.

It only exists to give people something to argue about. Not necessary. People got along better when everyone kept their opinion to themselves. That's a fact.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #96
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Were I ever in charge of "Things", my first official act would be to abolish all forums and message boards.

Nobody NEEDS to make their opinion about garbage such as cartoons, movies, toys and TV shows public. We got along fine as a species for a long, long time without it. The biggest problem with the internet is that everyone has a voice, but most of them really have nothing relevant to say.

It only exists to give people something to argue about. Not necessary. People got along better when everyone kept their opinion to themselves. That's a fact.
You would love the discussion question about educators using social media that I have to create a post for in my class.

FaceBookItDano!

I gave you yet another hidden DC treasure. Sorry, I don't have much Marvel aside from 31 years worth of Spider-Man mostly in reprint.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #97
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Never said their was but their we're enough to enjoy it. And enough that a bunch of people wanted to go somewhere and discuss how they liked it and get excite...... .and sadly...... This was not that place much to toxic.
Did anyone actually get run off the site at all?

I remember the defenders of the 2014 movie being very active in the run up and post release. They disappeared and then came flooding back for when the sequel was getting ready to release. You can see why some people may have thought this was behavior of plants. Even if all of them were 100% genuine fans of the PD movies it hardly seems they were hesitant to come here.

Quote:
I love how your so conceded that you really think that why fan like me felt the way they did I couldnt care less how you feel if you dont like it. But when people actively prosecuted those who did and belittled them till the freaking left the site. And all you people could to was cheer and Pat yourselves on the back like you some how did something good..... Like wtf your just being bullies... Like legit that's it.
I remember someone who liked the 2014 movie joined a private group specifically for fans of the PD movie assuming it was going to be discussion of the movie where the sequel would go etc but the discussion was bitching about the rest of us and the best ways to get the better of us discussions. And you're talking about bullying behavior. I appreciate that discussion can get way too heated sometimes but it's not as if the pro-PD crowd covered themselves in glory either. This wasn't the behavior of people defending a movie they liked but that of people with something to prove.

And more than enough people who I felt were sincere in the defense of the movie told us they knew it was far from good but liked it just because it was TMNT. I didn't assume anything in that regard.

Quote:
if you didn't find enjoyment of something the yes that it your fault.... Was it not what you wanted yes.... But does that make it wrong..... No. It mean you need to out you big person pants of and freaking move on. Watit for something you do enjoy support the stuff you don't but don't ever belittle and make other feel any less of a person for having enjoyed something you didn't that's just utterly ridiculous.
I'm fine with sometimes people just liking what they like but by that same token people can dislike what they dislike, that's no ones fault and assumes that our default position is that we should like everything even when there's valid reasons not to.

Quote:
Keep telling yourself your the beacon of the community lol

It's this mentality that lead to this place getting so toxic.

"We did this movie a service" keep telling you're self that if it helps you sleep at night.
So you would have been fine with something based on the Blue Door script becoming the movie. Turtles being aliens, Col. Schrader etc?

If not then you're welcome because it was largely pressure from fans that got that changed.

Quote:
It's really not. substantially oots was a better made film with more accurate representation of the turtle I stand by the actors being quite perfect for the turtles at least
Hold on now. For months you and others hyped up the need for the franchise to be re-imagined and re-invented for a new audience you even still have a quote promoting this attitude as your signature but also saying the better movie is the one that stayed faithful to a previous version?

Also this seems to imply that the reason Out Of The Shadows tanked was because people were put off by the previous Platinum Dunes effort...y'know the one you hype up as a good movie and when it made money promoted the idea that the general public loved it.

I'm sure it played a part but honestly I just don't buy that the first reboot movie soured people on the "superior" sequel. The sequel has it's own set of problems that it didn't overcome. To their credit Form and Fuller have at least identified one; they can't just put the cartoon characters and concepts in any ol' movie and expect it to sell on just that basis. Honestly I'm probably one of the kinder "haters" of the PD movies, there's a lot of garbage there but some of it could worked but they just didn't know what to do with this franchise.

Last edited by Galactus; 02-05-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #98
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,575
I'll have you know they are plush lounge pants and the only daytime wear is if I'm sick and cold.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #99
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Did anyone actually get run off the site at all?
YES yes they did like literally 90+ people lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I remember the defenders of the 2014 movie being very active in the run up and post release. They disappeared and then came flooding back for when the sequel was getting ready to release. You can see why some people may have thought this was behavior of plants. Even if all of them were 100% genuine fans of the PD movies it hardly seems they were hesitant to come here.
Ok ....... If you can't see why some people would do that....... I just can't help you with that lol
Like I can't to discuss what I was excited about and even can right back to tell everyone that I enjoyed it to be sent with insults and condemnation. So of course a didn't stick around for that I came back for the sequel because I saw a rise in fans coming on her and being excited for the sequel and thought well maybe those who disliked the last one will just move on the let those enjoy what they want and it was kind of them in when right back to the insults and condemnation again so I left again

And I know for a fact I'm not the only want I have been personally thanked by some of those people for creating private groups and Facebook and other socially media groups...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I remember someone who liked the 2014 movie joined a private group specifically for fans of the PD movie assuming it was going to be discussion of the movie where the sequel would go etc but the discussion was bitching about the rest of us and the best ways to get the better of us discussions.
And you're talking about bullying behavior.
lol I'm the one who created that group and it's there literally on thread for those who were personally attacked could vent their frustrations. One might I add the group has 90+ members lol

There a different between ranting about people and bulliing like I've seen legit 12;year old betting told they suck at life and we're mentally retarded that way different then


"Oh man these guy just keep tell people they suck wow yeah that guy is kind of a jerk"


You don't see the difference that's on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I appreciate that discussion can get way too heated sometimes but acting as the pro-PD crowd hardly covered themselves in glory either. This wasn't the behavior of people defending a movie they liked but that of people with something to prove.
Because you made them feel as if they had to prove themselves because what you've done.... Lol

And the only the people who actually stayed lol keep poking the bear eventually it's going to bite lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
And more than enough people who I felt were sincere in the defense of the movie told us they knew it was far from good but liked it just because it was TMNT. I didn't assume anything in that regard.
that
What
You took from it then that's on you I'm telling you for a fact
That most of those who enjoyed it did and you guy just kept twisting btheir word and pretty much forcing them to say yeah fine I liked it only cuz it was tmnt then you were like ha got you...

It like a wrongfully accused person falselly admitting to a crime because they wanted the tortue to stop lol.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I'm fine with sometimes people just liking what they like but by that same token people can dislike what they dislike, that's no ones fault and assumes that our default position is that we should like everything even when there's valid reasons not to.
There is a huge difference between people who disliked something and vehemently attacking those who did like what you disliked .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
So you would have been fine with something based on the Blue Door script becoming the movie. Turtles being aliens, Col. Schrader etc?

If not then you're welcome because it was largely pressure from fans that got that changed.
depends on how it was done like I've said before there a multiple different type of turtle out there. If it's done right idk care I'll watch it and if I like it idgaf what you think and if others a like minded idgaf they're allowed to express that with out people attacking them

And passive aggressiveness counts with that


Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Hold on now. For months you and others hyped up the need for the franchise to be re-imagined and re-invented for a new audience you even still have a quote promoting this attitude as your signature but also saying the better movie is the one that stayed faithful to a previous version?
Your taking think out of context...
Thing can be different and new while also being close to the source
Mean holy hell the mcu is a perfect example of of this. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Also this seems to imply that the reason Out Of The Shadows tanked was because people were put off by the previous Platinum Dunes effort...y'know the one you hype up as a good movie and when it made money promoted the idea that the general public loved it.
Well yeah that was a huge factor again I can still enjoy something and think something is good while also understand that there a substantial group of people who think other wise lol that's freaking life happens all the freaking time.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I'm sure it played a part but honestly I just don't buy that the first reboot movie soured people on the "superior" sequel. The sequel has it's own set of problems that it didn't overcome. To their credit Form and Fuller have at least identified one; they can't just put the cartoon characters and concepts in any ol' movie and expect it to sell on just that basis. Honestly I'm probably one of the kinder "haters" of the PD movies, there's a lot of garbage there but some of it could worked but they just didn't know what to do with this franchise

I certainly do. Because many of the things that people (who didn't like the first movie) didn't like about the first movie were fixed shredder, ninjas foot, adding more accurate character from the og cartoon, etc etc,

All i am saying is if they release oots first The angry fans would have been less angered because a large majority of there issue with the first weren't present.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:24 PM   #100
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'll have you know they are plush lounge pants and the only daytime wear is if I'm sick and cold.
I can always count on you.

I'll write you a pass on account of... y'know... Delaware. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Although that one Hooters just over the bridge is alright.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
animal mineral or, panda cuck fan, tag maker is a cuck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.