The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: And what do you think would be a fitting punishment..?
The first rule of being a ninja is do no harm. Unless you mean to do harm, then cause LOTS of harm! 47 50.00%
Yes... but first, RONDORI! 15 15.96%
I don't know if we should pound him or get him an ice cream cone... 15 15.96%
It's POLKA! Make it STOP...! 17 18.09%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Ep Discussion: #5 "I Think his Name is Baxter Stockman"

Alright, everyone!

Warning: UK preview, ignore the whole 'monday' thing...

I'm so excited to see this next episode... As some may remember, this was the episode that was offered as a sneak peek to the special Fan Preview in San Diego back a couple years ago. It was not much more than a special animatic with some voices thrown it, but the little bit we saw was Great...

Well, now we all get to see the final product!

The boys are trying to sneak out with April for a night at the movies. Of course, you know Splinter probably would not want this to happen. So the boys do what any teenage ninja would do - they sneak out... but you KNOW they're gonna get caught. You can't hide things from a ninja master...

Our beloved (and sometimes tortured) evil scientist is finally making his debut, and there's no telling what mayhem he could cause the turtles (not to mention the city). Hopefully Baxter's dealings with the Shredder won't end up with him being reduced to a spinal cord and an eyeball like Robocop...

So...

WILL BAXTER BE REDEEMED AS A TERRIFYING SCIENTIST?!
WILL BAXTER KEEP HIS BODY PARTS IN THIS SERIES?!
WILL THE BOYS BE CAUGHT SNEAKING OUT?!

Stay Tuned!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Official Episode Discussion #5 "I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman"

Official Discussion for the episode!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

Splinter is so awesome.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

Having the Play/Pause/Rewind buttons form a person was pretty clever.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I'm loving the episode so far! I liked when Mikey was like "it's the po po!"
Old 10-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

One thing that is getting old ,but is great when sparringly done is the TMNT creating their adversaries. Baxter was already a loser scientist,but they gave him means to an end to start his villainy.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I really hope we get more episodes that are 1 hour, because this episode is going by way too fast!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It was never shown,but are we to believe that Baxer Stockman was picked up by the police?

People are speculating a connection to April which does not seem to be the case,but what about to Shredder if not by season's end?

Edit:Chrisdude,since we have already started this one before Banshee made and stickied it lets just keep this one going and switch the sticky.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Why don't they open the official official episode discussion threads when the show starts?

I don't know where to post my thoughts.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

Great episode, possibly my new favourite.
Splinter made lots of funnies this week.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
People are speculating a connection to April which does not seem to be the case,but what about to Shredder if not by season's end?
He did work in the TCRI building. So was he fired by the Kranng?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Didn't see the episode this week because of the livestream not working but can anyone give the plot of the episode to me pls? Like spoilers and all.
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Why don't they open the official official episode discussion threads when the show starts?

I don't know where to post my thoughts.
Why can't this thread be the official discussion?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I thought this was a good episode. It was a nice change of pace to see Stockman not appear for the first time with the mousers.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
He did work in the TCRI building. So was he fired by the Kranng?
I was not sure if that was an Easter Egg or if it will play a role in this series. I guess I missed it when I have seen the episodes,but has it been said that The Kraang operate out of the TCRI building?Hmm...
Old 10-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Why can't this thread be the official discussion?
It's just that the "official" discussions are sticky'd ahead of time. It's sitting up there now, closed.
I just don't see the point in making those stickies if they don't unlock RIGHT AWAY.

EDIT------

Anyway, did anybody else feel like...
Spoiler:
the StockmanPod and the little robot it spawned were kinda mouser-inspired, in design? they both had the same kind of teeth thing going on... I've still got my fingers crossed for mousers in this series.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
kzekedaurus
Thug

So I had to catch this one after missing next week's episode when it premiered. Haven't woken up early for a cartoon in... wow!

Anyway, that skateboarding scene with Mikey is a thing of beauty. Some of his jumps seem weightless, but for the most part those movements were smooth. The creativity in their first fight with the powered-up Stockman is great; Mikey using his nunchucks against Stockman turning into Stockman using Mikey as nunchucks put a huge grin on my face.

This show has a lot of jokes in sets of two. Most of them are easy to predict, but the beehive is something I shoulda seen coming. Stockman's love of theatrics is also something I think he could share with Leo! And with that, I'll leave the rest to others smarter than me, to expound upon themes or notice continuity errors in the writing.

[EDIT]: Woops, should I wait 'till the other thread opens?
kzekedaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

That was a great episode. The first fight scene against Baxter after his upgrade was great. Using Michelangelo as Nunchucks / Kusariwgama was awesome. I'm glad that we finally saw some teamwork between Raph and Donny, but most of all it was great to see how Donatello's bo becomes the Naginata. I kind of thought that it had been abandoned since it hadn't yet shown up and it was nice for it to make its first appearance.

The episode felt more like the Nano episode from the 4Kids series than an actual Baxter Stockman episode which is a bit of issue for me and definitely a complaint I have about the episode. I like it when Baxter is an actual factual threat on his own because of his own inventions and intelligence. I hope that in his next appearance he is able to be made more of a threat in a believable way. I kind of like that he's not evil, but he also doesn't seem bad. The whole let's call it a tie in the end was not in line with him being some evil mastermind. He felt more like Steve Urkel than a crazy scientist. Which also sort of gave me a deeper understanding as to why Baxter was white in the OT.

I really liked the whole fight the man not the armor lesson, but it went in a completely different direction than I imagined it would. They literally fought the man inside instead of attacking him mentally. Throughout the episode it showed that Baxter had a bit of a temper when he was mocked and I figured that they would continually throw insults at him causing him to fight more erratically and allow their superior fighting skills to prevail. Dumping bees into the suit just seemed so literal that it sort of defeated the message of Splinter's lesson. It also seemed off because Baxter didn't really seem to react to getting hit in the face with hot pizza so why would they think that bees could hurt him.

Finally huge fan of the dorkiness of Leonardo regarding Space Heroes and very glad that it came back in the episode. Those moments allow for great sibling bonding between Leo and Raph and I love it. Also really liked that the fugitoid made a semi cameo in the name of the Futur-Toid Electronics store after Mikey hit Baxter in the face with the pizza.

Overall a good episode but coming in after the great episode that was New Friend, Old Enemy it had less of an impact.

Last edited by FoxZerro; 10-21-2012 at 07:13 AM.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #19
Allio
Foot Elite

it's these cartoon's that makes me realize, just how bad Baxter Stockman got it in the Mirage comics
Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #20
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Didn't see the episode this week because of the livestream not working but can anyone give the plot of the episode to me pls? Like spoilers and all.
Spoiler:
Splinter grounds the turtles for a week for skateboarding in the lair and leaving pizza all over the place. Don creates a music player which Mikey dubs the "t-pod". Raph starts to get stir-crazy and suggests they sneak out with their skateboards whilst Splinter is sleeping. They do so, but have a run-in with Stockman (who at this point is pathetic and has lame armour). They get back to the lair but the next day are exhausted and Splinter suspects they're hiding something, but they still don't blab.
Leo is watching Space Heroes when it's interrupted by a news broadcast about Stockman, whose armour is now souped up ... courtesy of the t-pod, which Mikey accidentally dropped during their fight.
They sneak out again and battle Stockman but he's too strong for them, so they return home injured. Splinter catches them sneaking back in and demands they tell him where they've been. Splinter tells them to go back out and fight Stockman, with the advice to fight the guy inside the armour rather than the armour itself. They manage to defeat him and Splinter ungrounds them.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, episode discussion, nick