The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #161
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
At least give reasons for why they're "blech"
I think just about everyone but Tennant & Miccuci suck as comedic talent. Toks is an exception as I'm not familiar with her at all so I have no thoughts on their involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
At it again, eh Powder?
Being harped on for no reason? Yeah, I'm "at it again".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
apparently the others are all SNL celebrities. what I've seen of SNL lately doesn't really announce talent.

Back in the day, people used to give these type of flagship shows to people they trusted and knew could do a good job. these days, it's all stunt casting..first in movies, and now in tv shows it seems.
Seriously, this. These guys were cherry picked from cornball "comedy" shows that college-age nitwits like. As far as I'm concerned they don't have the chops. I think Scrooge & Webby are in good hands. The rest, while probably not awful by any means, won't be particularly charming.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #162
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
Bobbie is only playing one of them. Louie
Oh, thats good to know. I actually prefer three different voice actors but for some reason thought only one was hired for the three parts.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #163
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Oh, thats good to know. I actually prefer three different voice actors but for some reason thought only one was hired for the three parts.
Watch the sing along. Their characters pop up the first time each of them sing solo. Schwarts is Dewey and Pudi is Huey
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #164
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

So we've gone from s#itposting to Old Man Yells At Clouds.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #165
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I legit didn't even know Bobby Moynihan was from SNL. I've mostly heard him as Panda on We Bare Bears. (He does a good job on that show, BTW.)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #166
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
I legit didn't even know Bobby Moynihan was from SNL. I've mostly heard him as Panda on We Bare Bears. (He does a good job on that show, BTW.)
His best bits are the weekend update drop-ins he does. Drunk uncle and Riblet
Old 12-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #167
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Watch the sing along. Their characters pop up the first time each of them sing solo. Schwarts is Dewey and Pudi is Huey
Watched it just now. Thanks.

So at least people are somewhat in general agreement Scrooge voice actor will be decent. I'm not so worried about the casting. I know shows in the past have switched voice actors after the first season so nothing's permanent.

I'm excited to see if they go on some of the same adventures or all new. Two episodes that stick in my head are "Pearl of Wisdom" and "The Hound of Castle McDuck." And others but those two I always liked. Anyone else remember any one particular episode?

Last edited by TurtleWA; 12-19-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:44 PM   #168
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Watched it just now. Thanks.

So at least people are somewhat in general agreement Scrooge voice actor will be decent. I'm not so worried about the casting. I know shows in the past have switched voice actors after the first season so nothing's permanent.

I'm excited to see if they go on some of the same adventures or all new. Two episodes that stick in my head are "Pearl of Wisdom" and "The Hound of Caste McDuck." And others but those two I always liked. Anyone else remember any one particular episode?
Oh sure. The opening is still one of my favorites. I'm still jealous that duck tales, chip and dales rescue rangers, tailspin and gargoyles got 2 hour openings or more and darkwing duck only got an hour if that.

The one that sticks out the most to me is the duck in the iron mask in which one of the boys is obsessed not lookong like his brothers.

The other standalone they go to austraila or new zealand or what ever the duck equivilant was and fought a guy with remote control boom a rangs. Then there was the episode where scrooge and magica go to the future and the boys are assholes and doofus and webby are a couple.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #169
Wildcat
Foot Elite

The few who have complained about the voice casting proves exactly what I was thinking. They're only reason is because they're current actors/actresses that are too "mainstream".

Aside from being a cartoon where it's only their voice it's just the same stupid mentality of regarding newer casts as "too hip" or only picked to be trendy.

The same thing can be labeled to every actor in the history of TV and Movies. They get work because they're current. This is how it's always been and will be.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 PM   #170
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Oh sure. The opening is still one of my favorites. I'm still jealous that duck tales, chip and dales rescue rangers, tailspin and gargoyles got 2 hour openings or more and darkwing duck only got an hour if that.

The one that sticks out the most to me is the duck in the iron mask in which one of the boys is obsessed not lookong like his brothers.

The other standalone they go to austraila or new zealand or what ever the duck equivilant was and fought a guy with remote control boom a rangs. Then there was the episode where scrooge and magica go to the future and the boys are assholes and doofus and webby are a couple.
Oh yeah that boomerang episode I remember that one Has Doofus been mention for the new show at all? That character was like Launchpads little buddy. I would think he has to be in the show.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #171
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Oh yeah that boomerang episode I remember that one Has Doofus been mention for the new show at all? That character was like Launchpads little buddy. I would think he has to be in the show.
Im not sure. I know Fenton has already been confirmed. I was hoping they would save him for season two at least. Gyro and Gladston Gander are the only two good guys
Old 12-19-2016, 10:20 PM   #172
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
The few who have complained about the voice casting proves exactly what I was thinking. They're only reason is because they're current actors/actresses that are too "mainstream".

Aside from being a cartoon where it's only their voice it's just the same stupid mentality of regarding newer casts as "too hip" or only picked to be trendy.

The same thing can be labeled to every actor in the history of TV and Movies. They get work because they're current. This is how it's always been and will be.
Oh please. You just hate it any time anyone dislikes something current because you're some sort of anti-nostalgia contrarian who thinks anyone that doesn't enjoy X in the now is only as such because they're fixed on X of the past. Kate & David are current & hip as hell & we're not complaining about them.

LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OPINIONS! You do this every single time someone is critical of modern media for ANY reason!

Old 12-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #173
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Oh please. You just hate it any time anyone hates anything current because you're some sort of anti-nostalgia contrarian. Kate & David are current & hip as hell & we're not complaining about them.

LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OPINIONS! You do this every single time someone is critical of modern media for ANY reason!
Why would someone who is anti nostalgia be excited about the revival of a classic cartoon.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #174
Powder
So tired of this place

It's his schtick. Any time someone takes issue with an aspect of a new thing he refuses to concede their points & just goes "NOPE UR BLINDED BY NOSTALGIA!". Whenever I come to this section & express my opinion, Wildcat comes along to give me crap about it not being valid, & I'm sick of it.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #175
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Im not sure. I know Fenton has already been confirmed. I was hoping they would save him for season two at least. Gyro and Gladston Gander are the only two good guys
I forget the reasons I had as a kid but never really liked Gladstone but maybe I wasn't suppose to.

Fenton and Gyro yeah that's awesome have to have those two for sure. I like Gyro's character. Probably for some of the same reasons I'm drawn to Donatello.

So Fenton is confirmed for first season or just generally confirmed for the show? Memories getting jogged some. Wasn't Launchpad Gizmoduck for an episode or two?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:42 PM   #176
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ha, anyone on here can clearly see I neither troll or directly give any single user crap.

Yes I do tend to repeat myself quite often. It's because the same type of complaints are often made about a lot of things. Not just here on Technodrome either.

And anyone who makes the effort to poke into a topic just to say "so and so is blech" did not just do it to give thier opinion.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #177
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
And anyone who makes the effort to poke into a topic just to say "so and so is blech" did not just do it to give thier opinion.
What "effort"? I clicked the thread, watched a video, posted my comment. Isn't that what you do on a forum? You think this is a concise effort to cause problems or draw negativity to myself? I want none of that. I left my initial reaction to it. That is all I did. Period. I didn't judge those of you who like their casting decisions, I didn't make a big fuss of my dislike, I said one word...

Old 12-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #178
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, I'm with Powder. This is getting way out of proportion.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #179
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Seriously, this. These guys were cherry picked from cornball "comedy" shows that college-age nitwits like. As far as I'm concerned they don't have the chops. I think Scrooge & Webby are in good hands. The rest, while probably not awful by any means, won't be particularly charming.
Are you referring to Community and Parks & Rec here?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #180
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
You've heard Micucci's voice work if you've been watching the Nick series.
She's the voice of Irma, prior to the Kraang Sub-Prime twist.

Tennant is Honeycutt, the Fugitoid.

Danny Pudi was on Community as Abed, and Ben Schwartz is Jon Ralphio on Parks and Rec...and also did some voice consultation for BB-8 in The Force Awakens.

Donald appears to be voiced by the same guy who does his voice in the Kingdom Hearts games, so there's your veteran voice talent.
I was talking about live-action roles. Never seen Community or Parks and Rec.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
woo-hoo!