The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #41
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I am kind of underwhelmed by the trailer.... I loved the first two movies so much. curse my incredibly high expectations
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #42
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I know about the animated series but this will be the last of the movies...with these characters. I would love a time jump to modern times with a female main character(redhead) though maybe a new species as her dragon.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #43
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I would love a time jump to modern times with a female main character(redhead) though maybe a new species as her dragon.
No offense, but that sounds kinda like a bad fan-fiction plot.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #44
Vegita-San
Emperor

It MIGHT kind of be interesting if you brought the village descendants back to the PAST but not go to the future. and only for either a movie plot, or a few episodes of tv plot. no more.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #45
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Hooo Hiccup's beard at the start...'bout freakin' time.

I've heard rumor that there's also plans for at least five movies, but I don't recall. One of which involving Hiccup and Astrid's kids?

It surprises me that there's another season though. That season finale felt like a pretty good ending to me.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #46
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I saw the preview and I actually like the Light Fury's character design <3 I think she's super cute and I sort of could see the "Light Fury" thing coming. Clever. (not that all the dragons aren't different colors anyway, but I know some were confused as to why she wasn't also black)

Anyway, I didn't post the initial post as a way to start a problem or a huge debate. I was mostly peeved for the simple fact of social media and political agendas already bashing the film just for the simple fact Toothless is going to obviously get a mate. It was sad he was the only one of his kind, so why not?

I started a "joke" on Facebook this same day #savethenightfury and now I'm seeing it all over the place. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who posted it that day but I thought it was pretty funny to see a lot of HHTYD fans were outraged over the debate.

I still can't wait to see it. I'm sad this will be the last one by the look of it.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:33 AM   #47
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I saw the preview and I actually like the Light Fury's character design <3 I think she's super cute and I sort of could see the "Light Fury" thing coming. Clever. (not that all the dragons aren't different colors anyway, but I know some were confused as to why she wasn't also black)
If you look at birds for example, in most species, male and female are different colours, although maybe not as radical as here heh.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:15 AM   #48
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
If you look at birds for example, in most species, male and female are different colours, although maybe not as radical as here heh.
sexual dimorphism is usually most obvious in birds, but it's the male that's most standing out when it comes to color variations. Then there's the infamous Eclectus parrot that are so different in colors it was until 20th century thought to be different species, but being rain-forest birds they colorful plumage still serves a camouflage purpose.

But, the white dragon is apparently a different species that was originally a off-shoot from Night Furies, but the criticism on the design still stands.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote