The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #61
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Ok u know what...i was NOT READY FOR THE STORY...WHOA!
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #62
Super Moderator

So do you guys think this game will have a high amount of replayability? I mean I know no match is ever the same and there's plenty of characters to get good at, but do you see this game still relevant after a year or so? $60 is a lot to spend on a fighting game no one will care about after the initial hype has worn off.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #63
Peanut
Second Gear

Fighting games don't last anymore. Are you insane?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #64
Super Moderator

Only a little. I'm just saying that people still play SSF4, Mahvel and Skullgirls (maybe.) I'm wondering if this will have the same staying power.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #65
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSHADOW__210 View Post
Ok u know what...i was NOT READY FOR THE STORY...WHOA!
Crazy ****, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
So do you guys think this game will have a high amount of replayability? I mean I know no match is ever the same and there's plenty of characters to get good at, but do you see this game still relevant after a year or so? $60 is a lot to spend on a fighting game no one will care about after the initial hype has worn off.
Well they built the game as a tournament level fighter so on that note I do think there will be a high level of re playability from those who want to go to tournament with it.
The game is easy to pick up but challenging. I have not found one character yet that I feel super comfortable with yet, unlike titles like Street Fighter where it's like "I'm really good with Ken! I'm sticking with him!"
It's more like "I'm good with Aquaman! No, wait... I just had my ass whopped. But Nightwing is really strong for me too but, damn, I cant figure out the high % hits" etc. as I play on the harder modes.

I think if you're interested in fighting games, if you're a fan of it, then you will probably continue to play it. In the Move List they even give you all the % score and frame data so you can strategize and master this game on that level.
But it also depends how in-to the game you get. I'm currently offline and I'm exhausting all the immediate things I can do in Solo before I go diving into the more monotonous stuff like Star Labs Challenges. I have reduced the difficulty setting back to Medium to try and figure out these characters better for myself because the game IS fun and I do feel like I want to get better and figure out how to use them and connect these combos better.
There are a few characters who I just cant get around in Hard mode... like Cyborg is just ridiculous. Superman on the Classic Battle ladder is just insane. Nightwing is fun to use but if the computer has him he's got the crazy high combo number getting racked up with the quick echrima stick combos and so on. Joker keeps catching me with that long reaching crowbar attack and so on.
Again, this is me. I'm sure there are others who have picked thing thing up and found it easier than Mortal Kombat or whatever.

It throws me off a lot because it feels like Mortal Kombat but the whole system does not act like Mortal Kombat. How I would juggle around and rack up combos with Ermac, Sonya and so on are not at all how I can do it in this game. Same concepts but it's just harder to execute and time correctly.

But asking if it'll last over a year is kinda silly. Games these days are no longer designed to last a year, it seems. By the time it's been a year, the ACTUAL version of the game with all the DLC will be released on disc at a lower price than you have throughout the season and by that point no one will really be picking it up if they hadn't already.
I still play my old games, largely because I cant afford too many new games. But I found my friends list in Borderlands 2 quickly diminished activity after a week. A WEEK in Borderlands 2! They moved on to another shooter that came out after that and I stopped playing because it's not as much fun without friends.

Put in the time you think it worth it for the game and enjoy it. Take a break, play something else and come back to it. Dont burn out on it and dont try to get all achievements in the game's first week. That's for any game.

Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #66
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

As far as replayability...i think it comes down to how many games you play? For example,my buddies have a Friday Night Fight Night where we all play different fighting games like SSF4,MK,WWE13,and now we have DC to add to the fun.I think if you only limit yourself to one or two games then eventually like any genre game you will get burnt out.Thats why on the wknd ,all i do is play BF3,TFS fall of cybertron,and NBA 2k.So during the weekdays,i will play a off line game like tomb raider,Bio Shock,ect.So that way all my games always feel fresh.I think I will for sure be playing DC a year from now.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #67
Slade
god status

Anybody know what all costumes will be put out? I want some classics
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #68
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

I love the game. And I can't wait for the
Lobo DLC. Hell yeah!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #69
Ninjinister
無問題

This game is pretty neat. I'm enjoying myself, at least.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #70
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Same here. I'm diggin' Joker.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #71
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFwC8dV2l1Y

Lobo trailer!
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #72
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Already got this amazing game.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #73
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Is Batgirl Up Next For Injustice DLC?

We already know that Lobo will be the first of four DC characters to be released as DLC for Injustice: Gods Among Us, and now it appears that the second could be none other than Batgirl! Still a rumor for now,but according to GameInformer it appears to be pretty solid.Personaly,I was and still am hoping for Martian Manhunter myself.So, what favorite DC character would you like to see released as DLC?

Source:GameInformer.com

Quote:
Multiple tips with photographic and video evidence have come in regarding future DLC for Injustice: Gods Among Us. The images and video below point to Batgirl as an upcoming character that will likely be part of the season pass offering.

The first confirmed character, Lobo, will be released on May 7, 2013. He was first shown over the weekend at C2E2.

Given that the downloads are failing, we don’t know anything else about how she’s different than the other gadget characters, and most notably Batman. When we attempted to replicate the steps in the video below, the glitch had already been corrected.

We’ve reached out to Warner Bros. Interactive for comment and will report more when new information is available.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #74
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Is Batgirl Up Next For Injustice DLC?
Yes she is.

Lobo, Batgirl,

Spoiler:
Zod, Scorpion

Also holy crap my eyes are bleeding.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #75
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Scorpion trailer revealed... Injustice changes Scorpion a bit to fit in with DC

It looks really cool! This game is great, I'm lovin' it!

http://www.shacknews.com/article/794...-dlc-confirmed

Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #76
InsaneZane
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm torn. I thought the game was looking really good but then I learnt about the whole Superman being tricked by Joker into killing Lois and his child and becoming a dictator set up and it really put me off the game. That's just NOT my Superman. I'll wait and see what the story spoilers say, but it'll take a lot to convince me now.
would it convince you if i told you that at the end of story mode,
Spoiler:
Batman brings the good Superman from "our real world" to beat his dictating doppelganger's @$$
Old 06-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #77
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

BATGIRL IS AWEOME!!! very dispointed that scorpion is the 3rd dlc,if i wanted to play with scorpion,i would play my MK GAME LOL,this is a DC game,i want dc fighters.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #78
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
BATGIRL IS AWEOME!!! very dispointed that scorpion is the 3rd dlc,if i wanted to play with scorpion,i would play my MK GAME LOL,this is a DC game,i want dc fighters.
This is completely understandable. Same issue with fans when they revealed Freddy Krueger in MK instead of other fighters like Cyber-Smoke. I can however appreciate guest characters in fighting games. Scorpion is awesome on the game though, and his new outfit helps him fit in more for the DC Universe, but there are definitely PAGES of possible DC characters that would be awesome on the game. I personally would enjoy a ROBIN mantle with multiple skins. Not to mention all the dozens of other Justice League and Titans members, and that is only getting started.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #79
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

agreed,i am still holding out hope for a robin skin for the nightwing character.Also,how cool would it of been to have two face,or black mask as a playable character?Martian manhunter would he HUGE
Old 06-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

All good choices, as would be Mr. Freeze or Parasite!

Tags
dc comics, fighting game