The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Juggalo March

Holding my breath until this march is over.

Things can go so terribly, terribly wrong.

Wishing the Juggalos all the best for a successful march.

Godspeed, ninjas.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
Prowler
Emperor

Link?

What is special about this? And where is it?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

This my be my favorite thing about the year thus far.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Official Juggalo March Website
The Best Signs So Far

In a nutshell, FBI labelled fans of Insane Clown Posse, known as Juggalos, gang members. Because of this, people have lost their jobs, kids, refused at border crossings, are unable to donate plasma, been discharged from the army, and more. All because they listen to ICP. It's totally nuts. So the Juggalos are marching on Washington today to protest.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Official Juggalo March Website
The Best Signs So Far

In a nutshell, FBI labelled fans of Insane Clown Posse, known as Juggalos, gang members. Because of this, people have lost their jobs, kids, refused at border crossings, are unable to donate plasma, been discharged from the army, and more. All because they listen to ICP. It's totally nuts. So the Juggalos are marching on Washington today to protest.
...wat. Why do they consider fans of the band to be delinquents?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Copying and pasting from another website...

Back in 2011, the Justice Department's National Gang Intelligence Center decided the Juggalos were a "loosely organized hybrid gang," like the Crips, Bloods and MS-13. The annual Gang Threat Assessment report said they engaged in criminal activity and violence.

"Crimes committed by Juggalos are sporadic, disorganized, individualistic, and often involve simple assault, personal drug use and possession, petty theft, and vandalism. However, open source reporting suggests that a small number of Juggalos are forming more organized subsets and engaging in more gang-like criminal activity, such as felony assaults, thefts, robberies, and drug sales. Social networking websites are a popular conveyance for Juggalo sub-culture to communicate and expand."
Old 09-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So, um... they're marching as fans of a band? Kind of dumb for the FBI to label them like that (unless there has been valid reason of course), but... Just not understanding how anyone who keeps out of any associated trouble would even be having job issues, etc. If certain individuals have gotten into trouble, then they brought it on themselves and kind of petty for those particular people to even march... Just a shame if they've had a hand in giving the 'fandom' a bad name for those who are innocent.

You know... some crimes have been committed by people wearing TMNT masks. How soon do we get labled and when do we march? lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You know... some crimes have been committed by people wearing TMNT masks. How soon do we get labled and when do we march? lol
You laugh, but that's kind of the point of the march. If they can be labelled, where does it stop? Bronies? The Kiss Army? Really, whats the difference?

I shouldn't have to worry about being registered into the gang database when going to visit my friend in Portland because of a Hatchet-Man tattoo I got when I was 15. The whole classification is bananas.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, this is nuts, but it doesn't surprise me. Still, I really don't see the need for a protest just because of some generalizations. Don't these people have better things to do?

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #10
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Better than protest the government sponsoring their persecution?

Quote:
Over the past five years, our legal team has heard testimonies and reports from Juggalos all over the nation who have lost custody of their children, been fired from jobs, denied access into the armed forces, and the most common consequence — being officially labeled as a gang member by law enforcement agencies for wearing Juggalo related clothing or brandishing one or more Juggalo tattoos. A simple traffic stop for a broken tail light can — and has — resulted in an otherwise law-abiding, hard-working, taxpaying citizen being put on a local or state list of gang members simply for displaying their Juggalo pride. Being labeled a gang member can be a permanent stain on an individual’s life, since it will come up in a simple background check every single time. Whether that person is applying for a job, trying to adopt a child, join the armed forces, or attempting to acquire housing … their name may pop up as being “gang-affiliated,” even if that person has never been charged with any kind of crime.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
You laugh, but that's kind of the point of the march. If they can be labelled, where does it stop? Bronies? The Kiss Army? Really, whats the difference?

I shouldn't have to worry about being registered into the gang database when going to visit my friend in Portland because of a Hatchet-Man tattoo I got when I was 15. The whole classification is bananas.
I don't think any of those groups have large portions of their members committing in criminal acts......
Its like saying the Hell Angels aren't a gang or the Arian Brother hood and the KKK not being radical racist. The Jugalo community from what I have personally seen seem to be somewhere between being a gang and not being a gang if that makes sense As a whole they are not a criminal organization, but within the sub groups they have some sub groups who very much act like gangs.
This is just my view personal view from my personal experiences with my interactions with these individuals.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:43 PM   #12
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I don't think any of those groups have large portions of their members committing in criminal acts......
Its like saying the Hell Angels aren't a gang or the Arian Brother hood and the KKK not being radical racist. The Jugalo community from what I have personally seen seem to be somewhere between being a gang and not being a gang if that makes sense As a whole they are not a criminal organization, but within the sub groups they have some sub groups who very much act like gangs.
This is just my view personal view from my personal experiences with my interactions with these individuals.
So you're saying it's justified to label all Juggalos as gang members based on the actions of a few bad eggs? Because of sporadic, unorganized acts of criminal behaviour in another country, it's okay that I'm registered as a gang member when I go to pay for a parking ticket because I listen to the same music they do?
Old 09-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #13
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
So you're saying it's justified to label all Juggalos as gang members based on the actions of a few bad eggs? Because of sporadic, unorganized acts of criminal behaviour in another country, it's okay that I'm registered as a gang member when I go to pay for a parking ticket because I listen to the same music they do?
Here is the problem a LARGE not majority, but large portion of self-identified Juggalos have form gangs under the banner "Juggalos" The FBI even made this distinction themselves. Thats the problem. There are many (majority) Juggalos that are law abiding citizens and have no ties to the actual gangs, but the numbers are large enough for the FBI to consider them a gang.
But to answer your question Yes I think it is warrantied, bc its not a "few" its a large populous from what Ive read.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #14
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Wow.

So, to be clear, what you're saying is that you believe it's completely warranted that a cop can pull me over for having a busted tail light and permanently register me as a gang member despite having a completely clean criminal record just because I have ICP on my iPod? How do you consider this fair to me?
Old 09-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #15
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Wow.

So, to be clear, what you're saying is that you believe it's completely warranted that a cop can pull me over for having a busted tail light and permanently register me as a gang member despite having a completely clean criminal record just because I have ICP on my iPod? How do you consider this fair to me?

Is that suppose to be a joke ?? Thats not how it works at all. The main reason for labeling certain groups gangs is to use the Rico Statue. I don't think its meant to target people such as you who simply enjoy there music.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:56 PM   #16
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post

Is that suppose to be a joke ?? Thats not how it works at all. The main reason for labeling certain groups gangs is to use the Rico Statue. I don't think its meant to target people such as you who simply enjoy there music.
Dude, look up the stories that have been vetted by ICP's legal team on the March website. People go in to pay parking tickets and are registered. People "like" ICP on Facebook, get fired.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:08 PM   #17
Powder
So tired of this place

He's a fool, don't waste your time, Krutch.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:27 AM   #18
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
lol fair enough.

Well, looks like the march went off without a hitch.

And dare I say, even if its just for the moment, have Juggalos garnered some newfound respect from the general public? I google "Juggalo March" and I get about 10 different news stories all talking about how Juggalos behaved well, spread love, and maybe are just misunderstood fans after all.

Damn proud of everyone who went.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #19
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Powder You're being Ignorant seriously stop it.

Quote:
lol fair enough.

Well, looks like the march went off without a hitch.

And dare I say, even if its just for the moment, have Juggalos garnered some newfound respect from the general public? I google "Juggalo March" and I get about 10 different news stories all talking about how Juggalos behaved well, spread love, and maybe are just misunderstood fans after all.

Damn proud of everyone who went.
Krutch Im sorry, but I side with law enforcement on this topic. Its unfortunate that innocent people have been harmed with this decision, but In my view its a necessary one.

I'll be frank with you guys that I am biased in this situation, bc I used to be in law enforcement and I understand why Juggalos were slapped with this label.

Laws shackle good men, but they also punishment bad men.

If you guys want to resort name calling, because you guys can't defend your position or are too immature to have a polite adult conversation that is your prerogative, but it just reinforces my opinion.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #20
snake
Disgusting

Hahahahahahahahaha
snake is offline   Reply With Quote