The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #761
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
OMG. LoL. I just read that as:

"I bet an audience would sit through the origin again if it actually has some pizzas."

Like yeah, pizzas make everything better. Even $hitty movies! LOL.
Lol! Too close to reality.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #762
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Lol! Too close to reality.
Yeah... Either that or I'm just too much in love with pizza. It's a big part of my username for a reason. LoL. The irony is... I was never that crazy about the TMNT being obsessed with it. I mean as occasional food, sure but the TMNT shouldn't be so obsessed with it as they were in FW.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #763
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Yeah... Either that or I'm just too much in love with pizza. It's a big part of my username for a reason. LoL. The irony is... I was never that crazy about the TMNT being obsessed with it. I mean as occasional food, sure but the TMNT shouldn't be so obsessed with it as they were in FW.
I agree completely. It’s so tired at this point. I pick on figures, especially, for always making pizza an accessory.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:24 PM   #764
Leolead
Stone Warrior

The animated bit is turning me off =/
Old 07-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #765
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
The animated bit is turning me off =/
Why is that?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:42 AM   #766
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Why is that?
Just not all that interested in another TMNT film aimed at kids. Was hoping they'd go a different direction
Old 07-31-2020, 07:35 AM   #767
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Just not all that interested in another TMNT film aimed at kids. Was hoping they'd go a different direction
Best hope for that is probably a live-action streaming series, which seem to be all the rage now for comic books, and are doing quite well. That's essentially my dream for the franchise at this point in time.

Although, while I would place my money on this new animated film (which isn't actually a Platinum Dunes film) being aimed at kids, there is still the small, but real chance, that it feels edgy enough for a lot of us older fans. A Sony exec recently let it slip that animation is currently in high demand, due to the pandemic shutting down live sets, but that the children's animation market was over saturated, so we might be seeing more animation aimed at adults in the coming years. Not saying it applies directly to this movie, but something to keep in mind.

I'd also prefer a live action film for TMNT, and I'd place higher bets on it being aimed at adults in that scenario, but maybe they will pleasantly surprise us here and find some neat ways to invoke the imagery of the comics that they couldn't do in live action.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:02 AM   #768
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Best hope for that is probably a live-action streaming series, which seem to be all the rage now for comic books, and are doing quite well. That's essentially my dream for the franchise at this point in time.

Although, while I would place my money on this new animated film (which isn't actually a Platinum Dunes film) being aimed at kids, there is still the small, but real chance, that it feels edgy enough for a lot of us older fans. A Sony exec recently let it slip that animation is currently in high demand, due to the pandemic shutting down live sets, but that the children's animation market was over saturated, so we might be seeing more animation aimed at adults in the coming years. Not saying it applies directly to this movie, but something to keep in mind.

I'd also prefer a live action film for TMNT, and I'd place higher bets on it being aimed at adults in that scenario, but maybe they will pleasantly surprise us here and find some neat ways to invoke the imagery of the comics that they couldn't do in live action.
This. There’s also the stereotype that just because something is animated and not live action means it’s for kids, whereas the reality is there are a few exceptions to this “rule”. Heck, one of the earliest examples I can think of was X-rated. It was so obscene, in fact, that I have no interest in watching in its entirety for myself, nor am I comfortable disclosing the movie’s title for the sake of any younger people who read this.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:54 PM   #769
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I do have a small hope, very small, that they might try out animation for an older audience.

I mean, being that they are owned by Nick, it's easy to assume it may very well be their version of a 2007 sort of "fully CGI" project. BUT. On the other hand, CGI is also very capable of very realistic design now and the possibility of something that actually looks decent and not overly cartoony...

But, that takes enough budget, and are they just doing this as space filler for this gap that the virus is leaving in live action productions in general, and to draw some attention for the property outside of the not-so-stellar results of the 'Rise' series? If it's just a filler to get something, anything out there, then I'm not going to hold much hope for anything spectacular or overly financially invested in. Lord knows it could be FW in cartoony 3D. It's Nick after all. OR they might surprise us.

Though I can't wait to see the designs they decide on and via that give us some glance into the tone it may be aiming for.

What would be neat I think is if they did this in a way to connect it to a future live action film. Like making this a heavily comic inspired (at least in the feel of it) animated prologue for a live action to come later when it's safer to make one. That way a more costly live action movie can spend the money elsewhere by being able to skip retelling the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
It was so obscene, in fact, that I have no interest in watching in its entirety for myself, nor am I comfortable disclosing the movie?s title for the sake of any younger people who read this.
Paired with your signature banner, I just pictured Leatherhead blushing and saying something to the effect of "What did I just see..."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence