The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #1001
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Damn, what are you guys complaining about. Just buy them online. I live in the Netherlands and have no difficulties to get the figures I want. You must be happy to live in the country where NECA is active, people like me must import everything.

Leatherhead FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
Thank you for the reference guys!

Ok, they are not perfect but defo best Rocksteady and Bebop figures ever made (IMO)

I made some changes to Bebop:

1. I repainted his eyes - I know he will be wearing his shades most of the time but all black eyes bothered me (I added solid black pieces to cover the holes)
2. I painted his pony tail purple - this was not wrong as it changes depending on the episode but I prefer it like that.
3. I gave him drillgun from old Playmates Bebop and just painted more cartoony

https://i.ibb.co/TYThgtR/82539779-62...18593792-n.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/jkftgSX/81795963-15...62762752-n.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/jZM8c9n/82051516-11...93692416-n.jpg
Wow amazing work my friend! Now he is perfect imo!
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #1002
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Casey and leatherhead are way too small.
If they packaged Casey with a foot, that will be the first pair of figures i'll be passing in this line. Not feeling it.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:20 PM   #1003
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Color me excited to get these! Love the foot soldiers.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:36 PM   #1004
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I agree, NECA should be prepared for the demand of the awesomeness they have created. The supply should meet the demand, win win
Old 01-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #1005
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Yep, it's pathetic. My target got three sets of this wave MINUS B&R. They didn't get any at all, and apparently there won't be a restock until NECA makes more. B&R were online exactly once, and I don't think they lasted more than a couple minutes.

NECA is not good at this.
So I’m guessing I wasn’t beat to the punch tonight when I went and found an entire case of series 2 but not one B&R. For a min I was mad that I didn’t stop sooner but likely wouldn’t have mattered. Worker said the figures showed up as discontinued on his handheld pricer and said there were -5 in store...meanwhile on the shelf you couldn’t fit another 2 pack

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:16 AM   #1006
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Damn, what are you guys complaining about. Just buy them online. I live in the Netherlands and have no difficulties to get the figures I want. You must be happy to live in the country where NECA is active, people like me must import everything.
Not everyone has PayPal or a credit card but it's cute that you think they might.

Just sayin'.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:53 AM   #1007
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Is anyone excited for bashed foot and slashed foot?
Is everyone picking up all sets or can somebody justify why not to?
Old 01-08-2020, 12:53 AM   #1008
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Target's Website doesn't have any neca TMNT stuff so just like actual target stores they have jack ****. Than it leaves Ebay with all those asshole scalpers. so buying online isn't easier.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:24 AM   #1009
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Target's Website doesn't have any neca TMNT stuff so just like actual target stores they have jack ****. Than it leaves Ebay with all those asshole scalpers. so buying online isn't easier.
I agree, I want Bebop and Rocksteady so bad but I'm not willing to pay double the in-store price to someone on ebay.

The **** part of this all is that with the announcement of wave 3 I can almost guarantee it is gonna leave me (and I'm sure others) resulting to paying scalper prices eventually because we have no other way of getting them.

When wave 2 was announced the very small amount of wave 1 figures I saw immediately disappeared from Target shelves. I went into a local collectors shop the other day and they have a couple left over sets of Raph/Foot for $89 each! At the rate Bebop/RS are actually showing up in stores vs the amount being scalped, I have a feeling by the time wave 3 hits they are going to be a hell of alot more expensive than paying scalpers price now.

I don't even want to imagine how much people are going to have to pay in order to get a full set of wave 3 figures. I could care less about the Foot Soldiers, they are cool and all but I already have the Foot from the SDCC collector set. I just want Casey, April and the Slash/Leatherhead set. It kind of sucks to be a collector of such a hard to find toyline and it almost destroys the fun of it.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:09 AM   #1010
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I agree, I want Bebop and Rocksteady so bad but I'm not willing to pay double the in-store price to someone on ebay.

The **** part of this all is that with the announcement of wave 3 I can almost guarantee it is gonna leave me (and I'm sure others) resulting to paying scalper prices eventually because we have no other way of getting them.

When wave 2 was announced the very small amount of wave 1 figures I saw immediately disappeared from Target shelves. I went into a local collectors shop the other day and they have a couple left over sets of Raph/Foot for $89 each! At the rate Bebop/RS are actually showing up in stores vs the amount being scalped, I have a feeling by the time wave 3 hits they are going to be a hell of alot more expensive than paying scalpers price now.

I don't even want to imagine how much people are going to have to pay in order to get a full set of wave 3 figures. I could care less about the Foot Soldiers, they are cool and all but I already have the Foot from the SDCC collector set. I just want Casey, April and the Slash/Leatherhead set. It kind of sucks to be a collector of such a hard to find toyline and it almost destroys the fun of it.
Are wave 1 figures impossible to find in stores now?
When next wave hits, do the previous wave disappear?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:19 AM   #1011
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marm O. Set View Post
VERY cool! And I agree this is the best ever version of B&R. I also think Shredder and Krang are the best ever version. I still like the 1988 Foot soldiers the best and there are other turtles I like better. Overall, fantastic lineup though.
Thanks bud, I think even without the changes he looks great but I like to add all the small details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Not everyone has PayPal or a credit card but it's cute that you think they might.

Just sayin'.
How can someone NOT have a credit card or PayPal these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Is anyone excited for bashed foot and slashed foot?
Is everyone picking up all sets or can somebody justify why not to?
No at all, I wasn't planning to add any more Foot Soldiers as i don't have the display space but now I will have to add at least 3 (if I can get them) I want to pick up 2 April sets to customise one and keep the other one mint. I read somewhere the Krang vs Shredder is the 4th set in this wave but I'm not sure if this is 100% confirmed.

I also made the helmet for Rocksteady in similar style to go with Neca's Rock.

kb link
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:21 AM   #1012
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

That looks so much better, RS looks naked without it.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:31 AM   #1013
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Just sayin'.
I know that's it's usual to have a credit card in the USA. In my country it's not and quite irrelevant. So PayPal is a cery good alternative for me.

Give me one good reason for not having a account on PayPal.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:33 AM   #1014
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Thanks bud, I think even without the changes he looks great but I like to add all the small details.

How can someone NOT have a credit card or PayPal these days?

No at all, I wasn't planning to add any more Foot Soldiers as i don't have the display space but now I will have to add at least 3 (if I can get them) I want to pick up 2 April sets to customise one and keep the other one mint. I read somewhere the Krang vs Shredder is the 4th set in this wave but I'm not sure if this is 100% confirmed.

https://i.ibb.co/XW1PSFm/81461374-46...06432768-n.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/MZ3f59x/81652883-10...69417728-n.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/D4N5Jyk/82148816-48...49184512-n.jpg
kb link
Wow respect my man! Do you make helmets for selling?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:55 AM   #1015
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Wow respect my man! Do you make helmets for selling?
Thanks guys! I wasn't planning to but I will check if I can cast this one. If I succeed I will let you know
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:07 AM   #1016
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Thanks guys! I wasn't planning to but I will check if I can cast this one. If I succeed I will let you know
Great. I hope you know it soon. You would make me very happy. I completes the look and feel of Rocksteady!
Old 01-08-2020, 05:50 AM   #1017
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I can't say for certain, but I haven't seen them in any Target since. As soon as Wave 2 was on shelves Wave 1 was gone. The only place I have seen them was in a Collector's Shop that resells new and vintage toys.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 AM   #1018
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This looks great! Did you sculpt this or did you repaint the helmet for the Playmates Classic Collection Rocksteady?
Old 01-08-2020, 06:26 AM   #1019
Marm O. Set
Random Punk

Quote:
My local store restocked a few wave 1 sets when wave 2 finally hit their shelves. I assume my Target is not special.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:51 AM   #1020
Marm O. Set
Random Punk

Quote:
...I also made the helmet for Rocksteady in similar style to go with Neca's Rock.
Phenomenal! I know what my next project is hahaha

Quote:
That looks so much better, RS looks naked without it.
Agreed. Even though I liked the season 1 helmet, the other seasons without the helmet made me get used to the look. I love Cam Clarke's take on Rocksteady's voice and I'm glad that B&R weren't sporadic characters like Baxter.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote