The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #1101
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
Where'd u get that info from?
I went to the above website in a Google search and then typed in the respective items which had different dates other than what was mentioned on the thread before.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #1102
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I went to the above website in a Google search and then typed in the respective items which had different dates other than what was mentioned on the thread before.
Ohhh, well the only set that is scheduled release date of February 28th 2020 is Bebop & Rocksteady. There never has been any details as far as Metalhead being released from Zavvi's website
Old 01-19-2020, 05:38 PM   #1103
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Ohhh, well the only set that is scheduled release date of February 28th 2020 is Bebop & Rocksteady. There never has been any details as far as Metalhead being released from Zavvi's website
It appears that more Bebop and Rocksteady 2 packs on February 28th, wave 2/5 is Shredder/ Krang due on May 30th. Wave 3 is August 30th which is Casey Jones/ battered Foot Soldier, April O' Neil/ damaged Foot Soldier, Slash/Leatherhead. Not interested in the Foot Soldiers, but I will go for three villain sets.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:43 PM   #1104
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I don't know if it possible but perhaps we could get what we were denied as children with The Punk Frogs. One Punk Frog done right, one done wrong, and two never made.
Yeah man, I never understood that. I mean - the TMNT were all easy cast - the same molds either reused or with resculpted mouths. All they had to do with Genghis Frog was repaint the exact same cast four different times and it would've done the trick....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #1105
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Yeah man, I never understood that. I mean - the TMNT were all easy cast - the same molds either reused or with resculpted mouths. All they had to do with Genghis Frog was repaint the exact same cast four different times and it would've done the trick....
NECA seems to be into saving money by reproducing the Turtles and now Shredder and Krang reparring them. Not to mention four different releases of a single foot soldier whole or damaged and a fifth to itself. Though I admit pairing them better. What I am getting at is if NECA likes to save money I can see them doing this and giving us the Punk Frogs after a couple more original characters are produced. Two sets with the same molds in one release.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #1106
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
NECA seems to be into saving money by reproducing the Turtles and now Shredder and Krang reparring them. Not to mention four different releases of a single foot soldier whole or damaged and a fifth to itself. Though I admit pairing them better. What I am getting at is if NECA likes to save money I can see them doing this and giving us the Punk Frogs after a couple more original characters are produced. Two sets with the same molds in one release.
Agreed completely. I'd buy it. NECA frogs would be a series of repaints that made perfect sense versus the "digital" repaints and the Foot Soldiers which are going to become more like consumer abuse than line enhancements.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #1107
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Agreed completely. I'd buy it. NECA frogs would be a series of repaints that made perfect sense versus the "digital" repaints and the Foot Soldiers which are going to become more like consumer abuse than line enhancements.
After awhile it is going to turn the customer base away. I am glad I sat out of the first line release because of the repairing ups released shortly afterward. I would not have bought both the Turtle pairs had I bought wave one. I assume most are like that. People don't want to spend $52 for duplicates.This is why Bebop and Rocksteady are so popular and Slash and Leatherhead are getting so much attention. I hope sales will show this and NECA understands.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:29 PM   #1108
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It appears that more Bebop and Rocksteady 2 packs on February 28th, wave 2/5 is Shredder/ Krang due on May 30th. Wave 3 is August 30th which is Casey Jones/ battered Foot Soldier, April O' Neil/ damaged Foot Soldier, Slash/Leatherhead. Not interested in the Foot Soldiers, but I will go for three villain sets.
Wave 3 is scheduled for Spring, so probably early Summer
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:49 PM   #1109
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
-facepalms- that entire wave 3 is a must-have wave.
Not really.... i am planning to skip Casey Jones.
And i'm undecided with April.... maybe i'll get her because she's too pretty to skip.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #1110
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Not really.... i am planning to skip Casey Jones.
And i'm undecided with April.... maybe i'll get her because she's too pretty to skip.
Why the pass on Casey?
Old 01-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #1111
vexdar
Thug

Quote:
Zavvi.com has wave 3 for preorder including the 2pack for Shredder & Krang. Wave 3 is scheduled for August 30, 2020 and Shredder & Krang 2 pack is scheduled to release on May 30, 2020. Each set is $59.99. here is the link below: https://us.zavvi.com/merchandise/neca.list
So does this mean Bebop and Rocksteady are being restocked? Are there any other sites that are taking preorders for B&R? Has anyone preordered from Zavvi before, what was your experiences? I saw a lot of bad reviews for that site. Thanks!
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #1112
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexdar View Post
So does this mean Bebop and Rocksteady are being restocked? Are there any other sites that are taking preorders for B&R? Has anyone preordered from Zavvi before, what was your experiences? I saw a lot of bad reviews for that site. Thanks!
Kind of wondering the same thing. Would be great if we could just order these now and have peace of mind that we'll actually get them eventually.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:35 PM   #1113
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I wouldn't pre-order from them. They will get these much later than release anyway
Old 01-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #1114
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Going for season one characters only myself, space is also an issue.

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #1115
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I wouldn't pre-order from them. They will get these much later than release anyway
Quote:
I never preordered from them so I will let you guys know how it goes. I preordered wave 3 cuz I dont have the energy or money to waste on gas toy hunting for wave 3 after the B&R release. Target sucks balls online & @ the stores.
tmntfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:34 PM   #1116
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I never preordered from them so I will let you guys know how it goes. I preordered wave 3 cuz I dont have the energy or money to waste on gas toy hunting for wave 3 after the B&R release. Target sucks balls online & @ the stores.
well we can always hope that NECA steps up with future waves in terms of stocking in store and online
their best bet would be to do pre-orders ( ahem, Super 7)
Old 01-20-2020, 04:58 PM   #1117
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Why the pass on Casey?
Let's be honest.... Casey is a sub character.
He's not even part of the original playmates 10 back character.
And i don't need another foot soldier.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #1118
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
Going for season one characters only myself, space is also an issue.
You are skipping B&R?
Old 01-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #1119
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Let's be honest.... Casey is a sub character.
He's not even part of the original playmates 10 back character.
And i don't need another foot soldier.
crazy talk..Casey is part of the 1989 wave, which was another great continuation of the line of characters. Casey has quite the following and is an important part of the "good guys" team.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #1120
vexdar
Thug

Quote:
Thanks for that! I am kind of confused about the neca wave 3 availability though. Are they exclusive to only target again and are B&R getting reissues with other sites?
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote