The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 06:01 PM   #41
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
If IDW Shadow is born at this point, she'll never be 100% normal. Maybe there's a point to the whole Bishop origin story and his alliance with Metalhead that we didn't see coming? Hmm...
I don't think Shadow will necessarily be born. However, a callback to Mirage in the form of showing that version of Shadow would fit considering all the parallels... I don't know, it's 2AM so I can't really tell but I think it makes sense.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #42
ChosenOne
Banned

Would be even worse if this issue was still a week or two away. Thank god it's almost Wednesday!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #43
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's just kind of a boring thing to happen in the 95th issue. Not being something worth the buildup.

Plus, we know their origins, somewhat, but they don't. And that would be much more interesting than finding out a third wheel romantic rebound is pregnant while on her deathbed. Jennika hasn't done enough to deserve that big of a revelation. Just don't see it as something Tom has been excited to release "since the beginning". No heckin' way.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-01-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:39 AM   #44
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full preview.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:48 AM   #45
Igglet

I get the feeling that Metalhead might try to play Bishop. I mean, how are the turtles going to make it out of this situation alive with Jennika on life support, EPF outside their doorstep while also having to fight him, despite the fact that he ALONE whooped their asses the last time.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:58 AM   #46
corvus
Stone Warrior

I don't think any of us are gonna guess this and a lot of these theories are entertaining but a bit far fetched...although I said that about fat old drunk arnold jones being hun.
I'm gonna guess that this somehow involves leatherhead. We don't know where he stands in this conflict.
And bebop and rocksteady haven't turned up yet. We know theyre back and with karai.

That said. My personal theory is that jennika is pregnant, will die, Libby will save the child using ooze

Last edited by corvus; 07-02-2019 at 05:31 AM.
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #47
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Okay but...can we see THIS Bebop and Rocksteady Ruin Everything???

That looks fantastic. (It's...with this that I realize...Bebop and Rocksteady never actually met Krang???)

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-02-2019 at 07:17 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #48
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I'm gonna guess that this somehow involves leatherhead. We don't know where he stands in this conflict.
Part of me hopes you're right about Leatherhead, but another part of me hopes not. It's certainly true that his brief appearance in the prior issue leaves a bit of a cliffhanger.

Regardless, all we do know about him is that the currently-revealed synopses of later issues (at least the ones I saw) make no mention of him, seeming to suggest his role is relatively minor. Which, knowing how much I care about him not being a villain, is probably a good thing for me.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:02 AM   #49
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Just read the issue. I think it'll prove to be divisive...

Spoiler:
I guess IDW finally introduced Venus de Milo!
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:04 AM   #50
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

LAST PAGE FOLKS. LAST PAGE.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
We got us a Jenny Turtle!

And in a retreat back to the original lair in the sewer, dead MOUSERS and all. With an exploding portal...so that outta make future Burnow storylines interesting since they can't get back there.

Honestly, one of the bigger twists is Stockman working for Null...besides...that ending.

I personally doubt they'll call her Venus...except maybe as a code name to keep her cover?
Old 07-03-2019, 01:40 AM   #51
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
Yeah, I had my doubts that Stockman would be relatively passive in the matter. Good to know my suspicions were correct.

That said, while I was a bit surprised that LH’s brief appearance in the prior issue was unexplained in this one, I would like to think that his losing fingers to a mouser in #85 is now a hint as to whose side he’d take when Null becomes a priority for everyone.

Last edited by 80gmrp; 07-03-2019 at 01:47 AM.
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:03 AM   #52
corvus
Stone Warrior

Im not gonna get it until later tonight or tomorrow but I'm guessing none of our guesses were right??
Old 07-03-2019, 06:41 AM   #53
AlessandraDC
Thug

This was NOT the turn of events I was expecting! lol I'll be really curious to see what this means moving forward! I'm sure that what a previous commenter said is right and this may divisive in the fanbase. But the book already has all kinds of mutants, so why not?
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #54
corvus
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:

Okay, It started out interesting. I have a feeling that whatever is going on with stockman and Null is gonna be good and Metalhead has fully evolved into a menacing and genuinely scary villain.
Now for the main thing...
WHY??? I'd be willing to give Venus a chance and i'd be fine with a fifth turtle in some context, this comic has taken silly or boring characters and made them really interesting. Case in point, Manmoth. But this delivery... I don't see this being divisive so much as universally hated. It really ***** all over the established mythos. You should not be able to immediately make a mutant out of mutant blood. I really thought they were gonna introduce shadow or at least send casey down a darker path. I hope this is temporary or turns out to actually not work cause yeah.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #55
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Spoiler:
(...) Stockman working for Null (...)
Nope.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:43 AM   #56
scribblesartist
Random Punk

Biggest disappointment EVER!!
scribblesartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:01 PM   #57
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribblesartist View Post
Biggest disappointment EVER!!
Wow! Glad we could make the top of your list, scribblesartist! Biggest EVER is quite an accomplishment in any endeavor.

The close of #95 (and what follows in the issues to come) is something we (Kevin, Bobby, and I, as well as many of the wonderful artists we collaborate with) have been carefully working on since late 2016. Something we've set up diligently behind the scenes with various design/development efforts, as well as within the public-facing comic book pages through character growth and relationship development over numerous arcs. As a rule, we never pander in this series... never force plots/characters into the storyline, always patiently waiting until the time is right. We earned this, and it's something we're very proud of and are confident will become a fantastic new element to our ever-evolving IDW TMNT mythos.

I know we won't make everyone happy -- that's always the case no matter what we're doing. Someone's always disappointed (sometimes the "biggest disappointment EVER" even!). But there will be fans who WILL be happy and excited about this moment... as well as the many other storylines and characters we're presenting in our monthly comic book. We've got a lot going on and this is just one part of it.

I know we're happy and excited -- Kevin, Bobby, me, the artists -- and working hard on The Road to 100...

And beyond!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #58
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

If it puts your mind at ease, Tom, I personally wasn’t disappointed. I’m sure you’ve heard about how crazed a Leatherhead fan I am, and even with that in mind, crazy as it may sound given your intentions with the cliffhanger, I felt more relief than fear after reading this issue.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #59
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
If it puts your mind at ease, Tom, I personally wasn’t disappointed. I’m sure you’ve heard about how crazed a Leatherhead fan I am, and even with that in mind, crazy as it may sound given your intentions with the cliffhanger, I felt more relief than fear after reading this issue.
Oh, we're not done with Leatherhead yet...

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:13 PM   #60
AlessandraDC
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Wow! Glad we could make the top of your list, scribblesartist! Biggest EVER is quite an accomplishment in any endeavor.

The close of #95 (and what follows in the issues to come) is something we (Kevin, Bobby, and I, as well as many of the wonderful artists we collaborate with) have been carefully working on since late 2016. Something we've set up diligently behind the scenes with various design/development efforts, as well as within the public-facing comic book pages through character growth and relationship development over numerous arcs. As a rule, we never pander in this series... never force plots/characters into the storyline, always patiently waiting until the time is right. We earned this, and it's something we're very proud of and are confident will become a fantastic new element to our ever-evolving IDW TMNT mythos.

I know we won't make everyone happy -- that's always the case no matter what we're doing. Someone's always disappointed (sometimes the "biggest disappointment EVER" even!). But there will be fans who WILL be happy and excited about this moment... as well as the many other storylines and characters we're presenting in our monthly comic book. We've got a lot going on and this is just one part of it.

I know we're happy and excited -- Kevin, Bobby, me, the artists -- and working hard on The Road to 100...

And beyond!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
As a female TMNT fan and loyal reader, I'm both excited and nervous about this development. But, you guys have so far done a fantastic job with the female characters in this book so I trust that you will handle this well!
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote