The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,058
Vinnie Paul, Pantera drummer and co-founder, dies at 54

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/23/e...ead/index.html

RIP

Vinnie Paul was Dimebag Darrel's brother. Both founded Pantera. Only Phil Anselmo and Rex Brown are left now.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/23/e...ead/index.html

RIP

Vinnie Paul was Dimebag Darrel's brother. Both founded Pantera. Only Phil Anselmo and Rex Brown are left now.

Vinnie Paul was also in the band Hellyeah with Chad Gray of Mudvayne. Sad. RIP.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:52 AM   #3
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Vinnie Paul was also in the band Hellyeah with Chad Gray of Mudvayne. Sad. RIP.
Yeah. I never cared for Hellyeah, though.

I know Pantera were a very polarising band, and yes it sucks they're very highly influential for nu metal and core bands, but by that logic I should hate the Beatles and The Rolling Stones for being indirectly responsible for 90% of the crappy pop and rock bands out there. Pantera had pretty cool songs. Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power were my favourite studio albums of theirs.

We're taking over this town
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah. I never cared for Hellyeah, though.

I know Pantera were a very polarising band, and yes it sucks they're very highly influential for nu metal and core bands, but by that logic I should hate the Beatles and The Rolling Stones for being indirectly responsible for 90% of the crappy pop and rock bands out there. Pantera had pretty cool songs. Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power were my favourite studio albums of theirs.

We're taking over this town
I had friends that got to see Pantera in concert. I wasn’t so lucky. But I did see Hellyeah.

Pantera story of mine.

Every graduating class at the high school I attended gets to select a few songs. The class votes for a top choice out of the selected songs.

The wining song gets played at the conclusion of the graduation ceremony as all the graduates are walking down the aisle. Anyway, the song “Walk” got nominated by my class back in 2001. It won with most votes.

It was the top voted song so it got played. Was cool. Funny one of the other songs was the “Thong Song” by Sisqo. And I can’t remember any others.

But yeah my graduation class had a lot of Pantera fans so “Walk” won with most votes.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #5
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I had friends that got to see Pantera in concert. I wasn’t so lucky. But I did see Hellyeah.

Pantera story of mine.

Every graduating class at the high school I attended gets to select a few songs. The class votes for a top choice out of the selected songs.

The wining song gets played at the conclusion of the graduation ceremony as all the graduates are walking down the aisle. Anyway, the song “Walk” got nominated by my class back in 2001. It won with most votes.

It was the top voted song so it got played. Was cool. Funny one of the other songs was the “Thong Song” by Sisqo. And I can’t remember any others.

But yeah my graduation class had a lot of Pantera fans so “Walk” won with most votes.
I don't like Walk at all, tbh. My least favourite of their most well known songs.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I don't like Walk at all, tbh. My least favourite of their most well known songs.
Yeah I think the song got selected partly for the title because it’s referred to as “walking’ at graduation.”
__________________
Find me on
Instagram @turtle_wa
YouTube @TurtleWA
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.