The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #61
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well the Triceratons are probably going to be introduced eventually anyway, can't really think of much else to do with them to be honest.
good thing you're not writing it, then.

while i personally dont mind all the fw stuff being reimagined and "badassidized", i would like to see more radical changes along the lines of the reincarnation stuff. as a matter of fact getting into what thats all about has been one thing i've been really looking forward to. but also, the IDW version of the cosmic stuff in this tmnt-verse would be equally exciting!

great job, btw, tom! this book is one of the only comics ive recently kept up with and part with my $$ for!

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Regarding the OT thing, I see the whole Krang/Neutrino stuff obviously being from the original cartoon, but the other story with Shredder/Karai and Leonardo reminds me of the 4kids series.

I'm excited to see the Turtles in Dimension X however.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #63
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Gentleman's wager: if anyone still thinks we are leaning too heavily towards the OT in exactly one year's time from now...

..then you will have won the gentlemen's wager.
Mucho si!!!!!!!

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #64
Powder
So tired of this place

Much yes? wat

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #65
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Regarding the OT thing, I see the whole Krang/Neutrino stuff obviously being from the original cartoon, but the other story with Shredder/Karai and Leonardo reminds me of the 4kids series.

I'm excited to see the Turtles in Dimension X however.
IDW definitely has a nice blend of the universes going, which obviously creates certain expectations, to which Tom, I'm sure, loves to play on said expectations!

I'm excited for Dimension X as well. I just keep thinking Turtles In Time and all the cool things I imagined as a kid. I think of IDW as the cool and badass turtles I remembered, as opposed to how goofy they really were in the cartoon.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #66
ToTheNines
[sic]

So this arc might be a slight Fred Wolf overdose... But it is running currently with Secret History of The Foot Clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I'm excited for Dimension X as well. I just keep thinking Turtles In Time and all the cool things I imagined as a kid. I think of IDW as the cool and badass turtles I remembered, as opposed to how goofy they really were in the cartoon.
Haha, I know exactly what you mean.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #67
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
IDW definitely has a nice blend of the universes going, which obviously creates certain expectations, to which Tom, I'm sure, loves to play on said expectations!

definitely... the Turtles were more badass in my head than they were in both incarnations. i guess my childlike rebellious mind unconsciously merged the two incarnations. and for some reason, i'm getting that same feeling with the IDW Turtles. so i must say... these turtles are definitely how i imagined them growing up.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #68
Metallicabmc
Random Punk

Looks like we got a hint at the future transformations of Bebop and Rocksteady in this issue! Im not offended at the use of OT characters at all. I cant wait to see whats in store.

I am absolutely in love with Ben Bates artwork. 4 issues will not be enough. MAKE HIM PERMANENT!
Metallicabmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #69
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicabmc View Post
Looks like we got a hint at the future transformations of Bebop and Rocksteady in this issue! Im not offended at the use of OT characters at all. I cant wait to see whats in store.

I am absolutely in love with Ben Bates artwork. 4 issues will not be enough. MAKE HIM PERMANENT!
What was the hint?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #70
Metallicabmc
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
What was the hint?
Karai telling Shredder that she plans on "Enhancing" their army and Shredder making a comment that they dont have enough of the alien ooze to do that yet.
Metallicabmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #71
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Karai telling Shredder that she plans on "Enhancing" their army and Shredder making a comment that they dont have enough of the alien ooze to do that yet.
Ah cool. Thanks!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #72
okguy456
Random Punk

These issues just fly by...one more month! can't wait to see what happens. and again, love the artwork.
okguy456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Which makes the earlier comment with Bebop and Rocksteady in the Raphael issue a little odd, since that implied that Bebop and Rocksteady were readily aware of the Shredder actively mutating people into mutants and here in #17 it's like Karai and Shredder are just now considering getting into the mutation market.

Perhaps Alopex was the first and only effort and that expended their whole prototype mutagen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #74
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Which makes the earlier comment with Bebop and Rocksteady in the Raphael issue a little odd, since that implied that Bebop and Rocksteady were readily aware of the Shredder actively mutating people into mutants and here in #17 it's like Karai and Shredder are just now considering getting into the mutation market.

Perhaps Alopex was the first and only effort and that expended their whole prototype mutagen.
That's what I figured. Since they got that mutagen from that Stockgen break-in, which resulted in most of it getting lost in that alleyway and the sewers, they probably didn't have much left over. Plus, it seems that a proper mutant (sound body and mind) is still relatively difficult to come by.

Which reminds me of a dangling plot thread which has yet to be answered since issue #3. How exactly is the Shredder a competitor to Krang? He doesn't seem to have his sights on the Neutrinos. Hmm...
Old 12-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Which reminds me of a dangling plot thread which has yet to be answered since issue #3. How exactly is the Shredder a competitor to Krang? He doesn't seem to have his sights on the Neutrinos. Hmm...
My bet is because Shredder's benefactor is Ch'rell... and Ch'rell and General Krang probably don't see eye to eye.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #76
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
My bet is because Shredder's benefactor is Ch'rell... and Ch'rell and General Krang probably don't see eye to eye.
I'm kind of hoping to see Shredder stand on his own a bit more, and motives more grounded, but I guess we'll see.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #77
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
That's what I figured. Since they got that mutagen from that Stockgen break-in, which resulted in most of it getting lost in that alleyway and the sewers, they probably didn't have much left over. Plus, it seems that a proper mutant (sound body and mind) is still relatively difficult to come by.

All shall be revealed...
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #78
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I'm kind of hoping to see Shredder stand on his own a bit more, and motives more grounded, but I guess we'll see.
Same here. Chet is already unwittingly playing double agent. That should be enough of a link to the science. What do we know of Shredder's other enemy, the Savante ninjas?

I was expecting an encounter with General Krang before they go to Dimension X. Nicely executed though.

Too bad King Zenter is the Neutrios leader. I was hoping General Blanque would be or some time of dictator fighting against Krang.

Say,the microseries returning in the spring,it seems to be done in sets of four. Villains will most likely be the next spotlight but narrowing it to four? Any chance we could get six one shots instead? PLEASE! I will buy ten if you say "yes"!Hear than Mr. Curnow?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 12-12-2012 at 04:10 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #79
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Bates' rendition of April is adorable.
really? when i first saw her face, i thought for sure that there would be lot of complaints about it. i didnt really care for it. her face looks kinda chubby.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #80
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Kinda thought the Savate ninjas were Shredder's competitors. Would rather not have Ch'rell here. Leave something exclusive to the 2K3 series there. Since Ch'rell is basically Shredder/Krang, it's kinda redundant to have him here since we already have a bad-ass Krang and a bad-ass Shredder.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, idw