The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #21
AquaParade
Banned

Cory Smith is a pretty good fit for this book. Mateus's art may impress me slightly more, but Cory is my preferred artist at this point, due to his character design/sensibilities.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #22
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Stealing this idea from the comments because it deserved to be a meme:

Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post

https://templeofthesmilingjackalope....eadyhammer.png
Spoiler:

So... Mikey?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post

https://templeofthesmilingjackalope....eadyhammer.png
That needs to be posted all over twitter.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #25
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I can't wait to read this!!! I really like Cory Smith's style and dynamic fights, though I also prefer Santolouco and I can't wait for him to take back over. Colors are looking sweet too.

I'm scared for Don. He's been so awesome this arc. ;_;
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I posted the image on twitter and using the #TMNT hashtag
https://twitter.com/TigerClaw305/sta...96398264729600
Old 03-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #27
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I posted the image on twitter and using the #TMNT hashtag
https://twitter.com/TigerClaw305/sta...96398264729600
Ha, nice. I don't Tweet but it's here on my blog too: https://templeofthesmilingjackalope....ady-3-juniper/
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #28
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Man, I love seeing Mikey and Raph interact... that's a relationship that I can't get enough of when it's well done.

http://i.imgur.com/VYBDTZa.jpg
I love them too, but they've barely been done in this series. In fact the only really well explored brother pair is Leo and Don, if I recall. Just last issue Raph called Mike a runt and was pretty mean, which came sort of out of the blue for this comic. Wish I could see more of these two.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I love them too, but they've barely been done in this series. In fact the only really well explored brother pair is Leo and Don, if I recall. Just last issue Raph called Mike a runt and was pretty mean, which came sort of out of the blue for this comic. Wish I could see more of these two.
I agree, Raph's insult seemed to come out of nowhere. I did not like it at all.

However, I do love that the story seems to be pairing Raph and Mikey lately; first in Volume 9 (when Slash becomes intelligent) and now a bit in Attack on Technodrome.

I still REALLY want to see more of Raph working with/against Old Hob, and Mikey with the Mutanimals. Don and Leo get all the important story arcs lately...
Old 03-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #30
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant

Spoiler:
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #31
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouisguy View Post
I love Image Volume 3, but I have to admit... they totally screw Donny over. His characterization has nothing to do with the introspective intellect from Mirage.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #32
Vicky82
Emperor

I can't wait to read the next issue tomorrow (I assume it's tomorrow). I want to download it to my I Pad and read at work on my break but I have a feeling I'm going to end up screaming or in tears
Spoiler:
As it looks like Donnie going to get a beatdown
and my work mates are going to wonder whats wrong with me.

I read this advanced little review too, it does contain spoilers but not major spoilers.

http://fanboycomics.net/index.php/bl...dins/item/4844

Spoiler:
What the what!? How dare they!!! Can they even do that?! Someone, please tell me this issue isn’t real . . .

Of course, I’m talking about the ongoing comic book series for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I mean, I sure as hell ain’t talking about Twilight!

If you recall, last month’s issue brought us the near death of Shredder by Krang, the activation of the Technodrome, and, at the very end, Bebop and Rocksteady were ordered to kill Donatello. And, we all know our four shelled brothers have a hard time stopping those two together, so how is one Turtle going to survive!? Well, Issue #44, Attack on Technodrome: Part 4, has all the answers, and, my friends, the answers are not all gumdrops and rainbows . . .

SPOILERS BELOW

Alas, I hate to say it, but one of our many heroes doesn't make it to the end of this issue!

Now, the good guys aren’t the only ones with spoiled plans in the end. Some of our baddies get what they deserve, too. But, let’s just say this will be an issue forever remembered in TMNT history . . .

Curse you, Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow, and Tom Waltz, for making me shed my first tears after reading a comic book. And, with graphic details from artist Cory Smith and colors by Ronda Pattison, they only brought on more tears. Sad, bloody tears . . .

I seriously don’t know what else to say, Turtle fans, but know this: I am here for you. I am here for our heroes. And, I have faith that this is not the end . . .

Until next month,
#TurtlePower!

Last edited by Vicky82; 03-17-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I can't wait to read the next issue tomorrow (I assume it's tomorrow). I want to download it to my I Pad and read at work on my break but I have a feeling I'm going to end up screaming or in tears
Spoiler:
As it looks like Donnie going to get a beatdown
and my work mates are going to wonder whats wrong with me.

I read this advanced little review too, it does contain spoilers but not major spoilers.

http://fanboycomics.net/index.php/bl...dins/item/4844

Spoiler:
What the what!? How dare they!!! Can they even do that?! Someone, please tell me this issue isn’t real . . .

Of course, I’m talking about the ongoing comic book series for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I mean, I sure as hell ain’t talking about Twilight!

If you recall, last month’s issue brought us the near death of Shredder by Krang, the activation of the Technodrome, and, at the very end, Bebop and Rocksteady were ordered to kill Donatello. And, we all know our four shelled brothers have a hard time stopping those two together, so how is one Turtle going to survive!? Well, Issue #44, Attack on Technodrome: Part 4, has all the answers, and, my friends, the answers are not all gumdrops and rainbows . . .

SPOILERS BELOW

Alas, I hate to say it, but one of our many heroes doesn't make it to the end of this issue!

Now, the good guys aren’t the only ones with spoiled plans in the end. Some of our baddies get what they deserve, too. But, let’s just say this will be an issue forever remembered in TMNT history . . .

Curse you, Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow, and Tom Waltz, for making me shed my first tears after reading a comic book. And, with graphic details from artist Cory Smith and colors by Ronda Pattison, they only brought on more tears. Sad, bloody tears . . .

I seriously don’t know what else to say, Turtle fans, but know this: I am here for you. I am here for our heroes. And, I have faith that this is not the end . . .

Until next month,
#TurtlePower!
Yeah, unfortunately, some of us already knew to brace ourselves for what's about to go down...
Old 03-18-2015, 01:34 AM   #34
Vicky82
Emperor

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Brilliant issue but I'm in tears.

Spoiler:
Poor Donnie, Bebop and Rocksteady are f*****g brutal. They smashed his shell, blood everywhere and Oh my god the others reactions are just heart breaking. Raph has tears in his eyes and he looks like he's ready to explode, Can't see Leo that much but he looks like he's in shock and oh my god Mikey he's in tears hugging Leo

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:42 AM   #35
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Jesus.... ****ing....christ.
Spoiler:
That was so goddamn brutal. Poor Donnie. I was gonna wear my new Bebop and Rocksteady shirt to the comic store and I don't know if I can even look at it now.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:51 AM   #36
Ninjinister
無問題

Man, I knew he was supposed to get f**ked up after that Free Comic Book Day leak, but man... that was literally the most brutal thing I've seen in this book. Or any of the books I'm currently picking up outside of Mortal Kombat X, in a long time.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:30 AM   #37
SDCC
Foot Soldier

Wow.

Here's my spoiler free review - http://www.superdstuff.com/2015/03/tmnt-44.html

I'm glad there are people I can discuss this with now.

Because that was awful. Great comic, but not nice to read.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Brilliant issue but I'm in tears.

Spoiler:
Poor Donnie, Bebop and Rocksteady are f*****g brutal. They smashed his shell, blood everywhere and Oh my god the others reactions are just heart breaking. Raph has tears in his eyes and he looks like he's ready to explode, Can't see Leo that much but he looks like he's in shock and oh my god Mikey he's in tears hugging Leo
Spoiler:
Damn. The return of Image Volume 3...
Old 03-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #39
SDCC
Foot Soldier

I hadn't thought about where it could be going. But it's the only option surely?
Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #40
snake
Disgusting

Spoiler:
Holy sh*t. Was not expecting that.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion