The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 11-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #1881
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I thought they married back in 1965,55 years ago?
Old 11-15-2020, 01:55 PM   #1882
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I thought they married back in 1965,55 years ago?
The marriage was erased after Flashpoint
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:12 PM   #1883
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Considering that they had another child I assumed it was in marriage. Also, with Rebirth marriages were allowed again and Superman was married to Lois Lane again. Maybe it was the only marriage aside from Victor Fries immediately after Rebirth kicked in?

So when is Jim Gordon going to take back his Commissioner title? Bullock does not seem capable of anything remotely close to the title.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #1884
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Considering that they had another child I assumed it was in marriage
People have kids out of wedlock all the time. Welcome to the 21st century.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:47 AM   #1885
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The one true Jon returns, with Damien as Robin in 'Challenge of the Super Sons', a DC Digital exclusive by Tomasi which takes place shortly after 'Adventures of Super Sons'.

https://m.readdc.com/Challenge-of-th...50QWRkaXRpb25z

It won't intervene with the current status quo of Jon and Damian, but with continuity no longer mattering next year, it may as well belong to a timeline where Bendis was never born.
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #1886
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So this cop wanting to be mayor to ban vigilantism showing up at the same time as The Mirror who has the same agenda really are not the same person and The Mirror thinks of himself as an idea so he commits suicide without ever getting any background or his mask being pulled off? Then it moves into a Hush has the Batfamily captive bit. I knew Hush was going to play into it based on solicitations, but it seems like the brakes are being slammed on and goin in a different direction.

Is Barbara Batgirl and Oracle now interchangeably? She is Batgirl in the Detective Comics story, but playing role of Oracle in the Batman title. I am disappointed that she hooked up with Bard too.
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #1887
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I am disappointed that she hooked up with Bard too.
I get why the writer did it, Bard was Babs' major love interest in the Silver Age, and Babs was hurting from the Ric buisness and could'nt think straight, but it goes against her better judgment, when they brought Bard back it was as a thoroughly slimy character who manipulated and toyed with Babs and her father and got involved with terrorist activity. She should know far better than this.The mental gymnastics Babs spends in the last issues of her ongoing justifying a romance with this guy is sickening.

I read the preview for Batman#104 and it looks like she and Dick are playing will they/won't they again, so there's hope the Bard thing will be forgotten.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #1888
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I get why the writer did it, Bard was Babs' major love interest in the Silver Age, but times have changed and when they brought him back it was as a thoroughly slimy character who manipulated and toyed with Babs and her father and got involved with terrorist activity.

The mental gymnastics Babs spends in the last issues of her ongoing justifying a romance with this guy is sickening.

I read the preview for Batman#104 and it looks like she and Dick are playing will they/won't they again, so there's hope the Bard thing will be forgotten.
I hope so. I am not a shipper usually, but I am a big advocate of Dick/Babs. Yes, Jason Bard was her first love interest in the comics, but the character has not been done well. They played with the idea of getting back together when Wolfman used Starfire to pry Dick away from Gotham and Jason was running a detective agency with her father in the early to mid 80s'. Nothing became of it. Then as you reference his slimy nature ever since the character was revived with One Year Later. Now, while he is not as slimy the whole arc of a living fantasy world and his new found love for Barbara getting them through the mess of a fire breathing dragon was just as weird as it was forced. Then there is the whole editorial interference. Why can't things just play out?

Tags
batman, bendis, crisis of infinite sjws, dc comics, doomsdaycock, infinite cucks, superman, wonder woman