The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #301
Xav
Foot Elite

Yeah the scale of the miniatures were inconsistent in the old game but it seems to be fixed in the new one.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #302
Wingnut82
Random Punk

Flying mousers just unlocked I think(no e-mail yet) but the number is above the mark...wonder what else may lie ahead?
Wingnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #303
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah, the scale was pretty hilariously off. Shredder looked like a child standing next to Casey Jones.

Went all in for this one, too. Passed on the Eastman Sketch tier since I already have some over the years.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:34 AM   #304
Wingnut82
Random Punk

Would love to see a Usagi with war armor as a stretch goal mini!
Old 01-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #305
funatic
Mad Scientist

I’m still torn on whether or not to fund this. Defientely prefer these new mini sculpts for the most part, but my Works SotP has been a shelf-warmer since I bought it and that’s a hefty buy-in for everything this round. Do you guys think retail prices will hit a heavy discount online eventually like they currently have for Shadows of the Past? Might be what I’m leaning toward unless some amazing exclusives get revealed...
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #306
Splinter
Radical Rat

They finally updated this morning with the Hero Boards being funded.
Next up is Baxter-Fly from the TMNT/Batman II crossover. Very cool.
Once he's unlocked at $333K the next goal is Villain Pizza Life Counters at $340K

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #307
funatic
Mad Scientist

Wow villain pizza looks really appetizing.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #308
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
They finally updated this morning with the Hero Boards being funded.
Next up is Baxter-Fly from the TMNT/Batman II crossover. Very cool.
Once he's unlocked at $333K the next goal is Villain Pizza Life Counters at $340K
That's supposed to be Baxter from the Batman crossover? His bio sounds like the Fred Wolf version.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #309
funatic
Mad Scientist

The flyborg minis from the latest update look pretty cool! It's kind of confusing what is and isn't kickstarter exclusive with these stretch goals though... like there's no signifier that these are exclusive, so will they be part of retail down the line?

There's currently a cool digital comic challenge going on the campaign til Monday: "Starting now at $340k, we'll be giving every backer 1 digital comic for every $1k we earn until 11:59pm EST, Monday, 1/21/19." I think the count is currently at 16 comics!

MY 1000th POST!

EDIT: Today’s the last day to pledge and up the digital comics count which is currently at 56 free comic downloads!!

Last edited by funatic; 01-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #310
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Have they said whether or not it's any IDW comic or is it pre-established which ones?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #311
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Have they said whether or not it's any IDW comic or is it pre-established which ones?
I don’t know I if they’ve specified. I’m guessing it will be a code that gives you the final amount of credit on the IDW app. Seems the easiest logistically but hard to say.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:08 AM   #312
Wingnut82
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I don’t know I if they’ve specified. I’m guessing it will be a code that gives you the final amount of credit on the IDW app. Seems the easiest logistically but hard to say.
I believe I read somewhere that it would be limited to the IDW ongoing, not sure if it was in the FB group or on the KS page.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #313
Splinter
Radical Rat

It's for the ongoing only. They unlocked 70 issues. So TMNT #2 - TMNT #71. Since #1 is already free. The next SG is for Leatherhead who looks amazing. One hour until the Kevin Eastman TMNT Board Game Q&A should be posted. Can't wait for more info.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #314
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
It's for the ongoing only. They unlocked 70 issues. So TMNT #2 - TMNT #71. Since #1 is already free. The next SG is for Leatherhead who looks amazing. One hour until the Kevin Eastman TMNT Board Game Q&A should be posted. Can't wait for more info.

https://i.imgur.com/qE0RDdi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/T3XMcmc.jpg
I need this mini so bad....it better happen.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #315
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So the big announcement was the reveal that one (or more) of the Stretch Goals will be the Secret History of the Foot Clan. There's also a note about a Skirmish mode but no details were explained.

It's cool and all but really not worth hyping up for a week or so for just another stretch goal. This would have been an awesome surprise if it came out of the blue. Hyping it up like "THIS IS THE GAME CHANGER" raised alot of expectations.

Still - cool.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #316
Kamekichi
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
So the big announcement was the reveal that one (or more) of the Stretch Goals will be the Secret History of the Foot Clan. There's also a note about a Skirmish mode but no details were explained.

It's cool and all but really not worth hyping up for a week or so for just another stretch goal. This would have been an awesome surprise if it came out of the blue. Hyping it up like "THIS IS THE GAME CHANGER" raised alot of expectations.

Still - cool.
I was really disappointed in that.

So far there is nothing to win over board gamers as most think the game is too expensive, no word on anything for original SoTP backers like they said, there's nothing to win over non-IDW fans so far in the stretch goals like Mirage, 80s, etc (other than AI Leatherhead and Fly-Stockman perhaps), finally there's nothing to push on-the-fence IDW fans that haven't already committed as the big comic promotion just means they get the issues they already own digitally.

There's only 8 SG so far for this but if we look back to SoTP there were 12 at this point, so I don't know but it seems like this one needs something that will really push people into it or it's just going to putter out.
Kamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:59 AM   #317
Splinter
Radical Rat

I think it's a pretty decent update and offers some good stuff at the next tier.
Especially since it's only $15K over when Leatherhead unlocks at $225K.

The Feudal Japan version of Oroku Saki from the past with A.I. villain and Initiative Card.

The much requested Skirmish Mode rules so you can build your own teams to fight.

And a code for new readers of the IDW Comics for the Secret History of the Foot Clan mini.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #318
Freeman
Hench Mutant

New update has been posted today and front page polished with more and better presented information.
Secre History of the Foot Clan has now been confirmed as an Add-on pack with content beeing unlocked through SGs.
While SGs still unlock at All-in pledge level, value starts to get serious with all included add-ons and the confirmed skirmish mode.
Digital comics mean nothing at all to me but maby backers seem very pleased with that. 14 more days to go.

EDIT: Sakai Turtles are now confirmed to have different character abilities (but same special attack cards)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2396277

Last edited by Freeman; 01-24-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #319
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I'm not one for board games but it sure would be nice to have some of these character game pieces made into decent sized statues.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #320
Splinter
Radical Rat

Well... the Secret History of the Foot Clan expansion that we're unlocking looks amazing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2397151

Tags
board game, tmnt board game