The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #201
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Winnie the Poo for Venus? Huh. Random... Not to knock Winnie the Poo, but they could have tried a little harder on choosing something for her that seemed more her. Maybe she was a slightly dopey character, but she still seems the sort that would be interested in stories with a bit of girl power.

For Leo, I wish they'd have included a novel as well, but some great suggestions have already been made here. Side note, I do own a copy of his fave... admittedly because of him. But when Barns & Noble has little inexpensive leather bound copies that smell awesome (if you like leather), you don't say no.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #202
neatoman
Emperor

I wonder what Tom Waltz contributed to Rise?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #203
CyberCubed
Overlord

Isn't it funny how each TMNT era is set in the real world time period it took place in? So it's like each TMNT series is a period piece.

Like the original cartoon was set in the late 80's and early 90's, so the Turtles went to video rental stores with VHS tapes, they watched shows on an old beat up 80's TV, the only technology was futuristic sci-fi stuff that didn't exist in the real world at the time. You see payphones on the streets. Then in the last seasons April discovers "the internet" in 1995/1996 because it was a new thing that never existed prior.

The 2k3 series started in well....2003....and it's also a nice time piece of the early/mid 2000's. The Turtles have cell phones, technology is around 2003-2008 era tech, the Turtles watch DVDs and Mikey listens to music CD's, etc. They called their communicators "Shell Cells" because early cell phones existed back then. It's nostalgic looking back now.

Then Nick's show began in 2012, so their Turtle com's were T-phones, April had a laptop, they looked at blogs and internet posts online, Hamato Yoshi and Saki's backstory seemed to be moved up to the late 90's in order to fit with the 15 years later to 2012, etc.

Man it's just so great. Each TMNT cartoon feels like a time history piece of the real world at the time. It'll be the same for Rise in 2018.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #204
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I guess the turtles will watch mostly streaming services like Netflix in "Rise of the TMNT", not traditional TV.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #205
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How will Rise feel all that different from 2012 when it comes to "era", things haven't changed all that much since 2012.

The OT did represent two different eras in only one show.
What I like about the different eras is since the turtles are so sci-fi heavy and "under the radar" that they fit right in with modern eras that other heroes like Marvel/DC dont.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #206
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I wonder what Tom Waltz contributed to Rise?
I ... don't think he participated in Rise's development.

Why do you ask?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #207
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I ... don't think he participated in Rise's development.

Why do you ask?
From a podcast, appearently Tom was brought in during it's development.

https://nerdyshow.com/2018/03/nerdy-...tz-ben-bishop/
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #208
Ninjinister
無問題

Podcasts are still a thing?
Old 05-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #209
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Podcasts are still a thing?
Sadly, yes.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #210
Prowler
Emperor

I've said before but I'm not a big fan of podcasts. It's just boring to listen to people talk for an hour without seeing their moves. I know this seems silly but then again I'm not into radio programs either, which is basically what podcasts are. You could argue that you don't need to pay attention to the entirety of a podcast episode but I don't like missing stuff.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #211
CyberCubed
Overlord

Seeing people talk about anything is boring too. Can't believe people waste their time watching youtube "e-celebs" rant about something. I'm a millennial so give me a good old fashion forum post to read any day.

To hell with social media. I wish we could go back in time to the old days of 2000-2006 or so when message boards reigned supreme and we all posted our thoughts together in one big pile.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #212
Ninjinister
無問題

As much as I am not too fond of podcasts I was more getting at the fact that I can't remember the last time I heard someone talk about one.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #213
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Really? I must move around a completely different section of the internet then, because folks I know talk about podcasts all the time.

It's really no different than the radio, or audio books.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:30 AM   #214
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Really? I must move around a completely different section of the internet then, because folks I know talk about podcasts all the time.

It's really no different than the radio, or audio books.
Well yeah I think that's part of why I never "got" podcasts. They're talk radio, which I never was fond of to begin with, but on super niche subjects. And they're usually sooo long about noootthiiing. The hosts always run out of topics early on and keep on for a while (sometimes upwards of 2 hours) and still have a series? HOWWWWW

But honestly I don't think anybody any 40 ever talks about conventional radio anymore, either.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:00 AM   #215
plastroncafe

That is not a problem I have, in either respect.

I love audiobooks because they allow me to read will not using my eyes, so when I have a data entry project at work or if I'm cleaning the house, or driving somewhere I can still enjoy a good book.

As for podcast, the ones I enjoy the most are in field with a nearly unlimited amount of subject matter.

Savage Love, Stuff You Missed in History, 60 Second Science, The Moth, Pop Culture Happy Hour.

But that's me.
I mean, I've been a member of this for him for many years now, and there's usually something to talk about even though we're only here for ostensibly one reason.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #216
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

All things considered in the "Mask Debate", has anyone considered that it might make sense if they just had multiple masks for varied situations?

Maybe white masks for daytime blending, dark blue/black for night blending, red for "can't hide in the situation we're anyway, so might as well just look identical", and individual for peaceful meetups with comrades. With Raphael keeping the red mask because he likes it.

Then when they're at home, they just don't wear the masks at all because they can tell each other apart just fine. Maybe they'll wear them to help frequent visitors to clue into their individual features while starting with a "guide", until they're able to tell them apart without masks. Basically, they'd just be for the sake of new friends, and only temporarily. Unless they're something like Mirage/2003 Utroms who absolutely have to be good at telling things apart by minuscule details because they're virtually identical.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #217
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
All things considered in the "Mask Debate", has anyone considered that it might make sense if they just had multiple masks for varied situations?

Maybe white masks for daytime blending, dark blue/black for night blending, red for "can't hide in the situation we're anyway, so might as well just look identical", and individual for peaceful meetups with comrades. With Raphael keeping the red mask because he likes it.

Then when they're at home, they just don't wear the masks at all because they can tell each other apart just fine. Maybe they'll wear them to help frequent visitors to clue into their individual features while starting with a "guide", until they're able to tell them apart without masks. Basically, they'd just be for the sake of new friends, and only temporarily. Unless they're something like Mirage/2003 Utroms who absolutely have to be good at telling things apart by minuscule details because they're virtually identical.
Although that's an interesting compromise, that might not work for the Rise! Turtles.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 05-09-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #218
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's not really something I thought of. Probably something that they could translate from martial arts really easily. Which probably means one of them is secretly into ballet.

I was just thinking about all the trends of April not being entirely human. Specifically being half-alien. I figured that if I had the option, I'd make her half Neutrino. First it would give a lot more room to be more creative with her hair. Second because it would probably be a lot easier to get around than being half Kraang/Utrom. If it has to be a missing parent, I'll just...make it the dad this time. But not, he'd probably just have some masking technology to cover up his ears. His genetic information probably won't be looked at closely enough for anyone to realize he's an alien. Thus he doesn't participate in 23&me type programs or talk about his family much.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #219
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Although I came up with this in the Rise! speculation thread, I would like to ask this here.

What types of dance/ dance moves would best represent the Turtles'?

I always thought that the Turtles' wouldn't be interested in dancing. However, I started imagining the different kinds of dance moves that would best suit their personalities/ motivations.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #220
plastroncafe

I'll be honest, I thought the whole mask thing was because they can sweat, but don't have eyebrows.
Quote:
Quote: