The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 06:45 AM   #501
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Sounds like you're being so overly sensitive. Are you, Papenbrook, menstruating right now?

But seriously, the corruption isn't just limited to movies...

Bill Finger has only recently been recognized for his contributions to Batman.

Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster got screwed by DC, getting only $130 in 1938 for the intellectual property rights to Superman.

Don't get me started on how the good folks at Marvel compensated a guy named Jack Kirby back in the day. And I mentioned in another thread how one of my former favorite comic writers, who has done stuff for DC and Marvel, was awful in person, and he was part of that recent conspiracy to dox Diversity in Comics. I haven't burned any of the books I have that he's written, however.

Steve Ditko (co-creator of Spider-Man) adheres to the "Objectivist" philosophy of Ayn Rand, who some people find abhorrent.

Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek, was something of a womanizer. Majel Barrett and Nichelle Nichols were both involved with him at some point.

If you think about it long enough, there's something seedy about everything you probably like. I'm going to see Justice League for the same reason I can still stand Affleck in Daredevil--I like the characters and what they stand for, which transcends the foibles of the people involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #502
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Okay. I'll drop it. I don't want this to become another BvS fiasco.

I shouldn't have posted my thoughts here anyway. I was just over-thinking it.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #503
Coola Yagami
Overlord

And here I am, not watching cause I simply don't care and nothing I've seen so far gave me any kind of interest to see it.

Not background politics or stuff the people that are behind the movie have done in their personal lives or whatever, I'm just not interested and would rather watch Thor.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #504
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm just not interested and would rather watch Thor.
Do you think both movies coming out at around around the same time will affect ticket sales for either?

The MCU seems like a more proven brand for moviegoers, but Thor 3's placing in the release schedule makes it seem they're using it as filler until the next Avengers film is released.

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #505
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Christ Women get triggered about every little thing.
Have you ever been raped or sexually harassed, our alpha macho gorilla warrior? I think not. Henceforth you can not understand what it's like and why women have such reaction about it.
Learn to think about situation not only from position of having dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
It's not that I won't watch it as I just can't/don't want to watch it.

I would just feel uncomfortable viewing it, knowing that some of the people behind the scenes/film are hypocritical and vile people. Not to mention it would just make me feel guilty, as I would feel like that I support said people. I would feel like I encourage/condone/excuse their past transgressions.

In other words, if I were to view the film, I just wouldn't feel like myself. I'm sorry.
I am sorry, but I view such approach as reductive, lazy and stupid.

Movies, like games or music, usually do not made by one single person. Modern movies involve hundreds of people working on it in one capacity or the other. Where is guarantee, that's some of them are not criminals, rapists, womanizers, racists and so on?

Driving this logic to its absolute conclusion, you will soon come to conclusion that every production in the world potentially involve some nasty people, from directors and producers to sound engineers and people who bring donuts to actors, working on it. And according to your logic, you wouldn't watch it.

Which begs the question - what exactly you gonna watch, listen, play with such approach?

TL;DR
Watching something made by nasty people does not mean that you share their views or support their crimes.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #506
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Have you ever been raped or sexually harassed, our alpha macho gorilla warrior? I think not. Henceforth you can not understand what it's like and why women have such reaction about it.
Learn to think about situation not only from position of having dick.
I should have rewritten that. I meant women like Pappenbrook who get triggered at every little thing
Old 10-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #507
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Do you think both movies coming out at around around the same time will affect ticket sales for either?

The MCU seems like a more proven brand for moviegoers, but Thor 3's placing in the release schedule makes it seem they're using it as filler until the next Avengers film is released.
It's hard to say. The DC movies do have their hardcore fanbase that will watch Justice League faithfully and will skip Thor completely because 'OMG comedy, OMG no stakes!' The Marvels will watch Thor, the DCs will watch Justice League, both will make big bucks, no matter what. Honestly, Justice League could suck ten times worse than Batman & Robin, but the idea of having all the DC guys in the same movie is enough to put butts in seats and make tons anyway. By the time they're disappointed, they've already paid for their tickets.

The no stakes things always bothered me because the DC movies also have no stakes. Sure, they kill Superman, but was anyone actually stupid enough to believe they wouldn't bring him back for Justice League? Real 'stakes' would be killing him and keeping him dead, which you know they can't.

Civil War was all about stakes and all the people that died in the previous movies.

I don't know, I kinda don't watch superhero movies based on superheroes that are alive and well to watch them die and raise a shitstorm if noone dies. It makes sense for something like Logan, since the intention was to see how his story ends, but X3 for example killed so many major character off that they were forced to reboot it to continue the series. I mean honestly, if they decided to go forward with X4 or whatever instead of going back with First Class, we would never have seen Professor X again except flashbacks.

But hey, watch none of the heroes die in Justice League and have the DC fans not complain about lack of stakes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #509
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That might make it easier to sit through.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #510
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Hmm. I gotta say, the recent trailers and news has me leaning towards seeing it in theaters, maybe not opening weekend but at some point. I had been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to shell out to see this on a movie theater screen. A movie has to be really good for me to tolerate a runtime nearing three hours or more.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #511
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Empire confirms the runtime. An hour and fifty-nine minutes (plus credits)

https://twitter.com/EmpireCinemas/st...13823587762177
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #512
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Empire confirms the runtime. An hour and fifty-nine minutes (plus credits)

https://twitter.com/EmpireCinemas/st...13823587762177
That seems really, REALLY short. I'd rather see a longer movie... a mite concerned how they'll pack everything into barely 2 hours.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #514
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Soundtrack

Soundtrack released

https://lnk.to/justiceleagueID

Tracklisting:

Quote:
Disc 1
01. Everybody Knows - Sigrid
02. The Justice League Theme - Logos
03. Hero’s Theme
04. Batman on the Roof
05. Enter Cyborg
06. Wonder Woman Rescue
07. Hippolyta's Arrow
08. The Story of Steppenwolf
09. The Amazon Mother Box
10. Cyborg Meets Diana
11. Aquaman in Atlantis
12. Then There Were Three
13. The Tunnel Fight
14. The World Needs Superman
15. Spark of The Flash
16. Friends and Foes
17. Justice League United
18. Home
19. Bruce and Diana
20. The Final Battle
21. A New Hope
22. Anti-Hero’s Theme
23. Come Together – Gary Clark Jr. and Junkie XL
24. Icky Thump – The White Stripes

Disc 2
01. The Tunnel Fight (Full Length Bonus Track)
02. The Final Battle (Full Length Bonus Track)
03. Mother Russia (Bonus Track)
Old 10-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #515
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Ewwww, did they really put that awful cover of "Come Together" on the album? What a waste of space
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #516
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Well that was unremarkable. I was hoping he'd lean a little more towards his Herrmann-esque roots and stay away from that bold, big, boring brass which you can hear anywhere else. Not that I'm blaming Elfman directly... he's compelled to only provide what's asked of him.
Also... a second CD for only three tracks?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #517
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This is the track with the John Williams Superman theme homages
Old 10-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #518
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Ah, much better.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:17 PM   #519
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Short runtime be damned, I'm really looking forward to this.

They'll probably do an extended cut on home video anyway, like they did with BvS and Suicide Squad.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #520
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I, too, am looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll have some problems with it, but I'll still enjoy it.