The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #221
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

A spoilery question, bet one that might be vague enough to get an answer; will we see any more familiar faces among the still un-revealed members of the pantheon?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #222
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
A spoilery question, bet one that might be vague enough to get an answer; will we see any more familiar faces among the still un-revealed members of the pantheon?
Can't answer that, sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #223
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Can't answer that, sorry!
Thanks for saying, "yes, there is at least one familiar face in the pantheon concept yet to be revealed" without actually saying it. We may not have the solid number you all currently have set of them, but know there are others and someone old renewed again. You did not even have to answer.

The Previews website list #55 the first week of February. I would like it to be true, but doubt it. What is the currently slated date for #55 of the ongoing? Thanks.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #224
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Thanks for saying, "yes, there is at least one familiar face in the pantheon concept yet to be revealed" without actually saying it. We may not have the solid number you all currently have set of them, but know there are others and someone old renewed again. You did not even have to answer.

The Previews website list #55 the first week of February. I would like it to be true, but doubt it. What is the currently slated date for #55 of the ongoing? Thanks.
Bobby would say the exact same thing regardless of the truth of the matter. As he has already clearly stated...
Old 01-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #225
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:

Should be the last week of February.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #226
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does it get hard to juggle screentime between all the characters now that the cast has grown quite large over the last 4 years?

The ever growing list of Mutanimals, the seperate mutants like Koya/Bludgeon, Alopex, Bebop/Rocksteady. Then all the recurring human villains like Karai, Hun, Baxter, etc. And on top of that Kitsune, The Rat King, Null...and now Darius/Jammerhead, etc.

The only two main villains taken out of commission for the time being are Krang and Shredder, and while we all know they'll come back eventually, it seems the main villain or recurring mutant cast is quite large. With only a certain amount of pages per each comic and mini's only every so often, it seems like there's a large cast here all trying to get screentime. In the first few years it didn't matter so much because the cast was smaller, but now there's a lot of characters in IDW TMNT.

Aside from literally killing characters off, how are you guys going to juggle such a huge cast of recurring villains and mutants going forward? It feels like the universe has exploded now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #227
mikey22
Stone Warrior

Hello,

I recently started reading the comics thanks to finding a book at Barnes and Noble selling IDW collection #1 which features the first 12 issues.

I know there is another IDW collection book coming in late Feb, early March.

Where do you recommend I go to find the rest of the issues so I can fully read the series? Is there a website link you have where I can purchase them?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #228
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The short answer is yes, there are a lot of characters to juggle, and I think some, like let's say Bludgeon for example, haven't been as developed as I would like as a result. I'd say that we shouldn't introduce so many characters, but at the same time I think each one has served a purpose that couldn't necessarily be filled by another character. And it's okay for not all of the characters to be developed equally. Though I do worry that the Turtles themselves get a little lost in the crowd sometimes.

The easy solution is to simply not focus in on characters for long stretches of time. We have long term plans for characters like Null and Stockman, but it's not necessary that we touch in with them for a year or more. Basically, if they are not actively needed in a story, we can put characters on a shelf and bring them back when needed. It's the same with any long running comic property. Our cast is small compared to say, Spider Man, and it's okay when they don't have the Vulture around for a year or two, to use an example.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #229
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, maybe this isn't your department, but I'm quite curious as to why the Mirage TMNT reprints have been colorized when the original books weren't: what was the main impetus for doing so? Just that color books typically sell better than B&W and that B&W isn't really done anymore?
Old 01-23-2016, 02:17 PM   #230
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is that why Baxter Stockman seems to have just gone into hiding? I have been wondering what happened to him as he was not defeated and just seemed to slip away.

Of all the characters out there, who would you like to see appear that has not? I am not trying to be sneaky and asking for who might we see in the near future.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #231
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, maybe this isn't your department, but I'm quite curious as to why the Mirage TMNT reprints have been colorized when the original books weren't: what was the main impetus for doing so? Just that color books typically sell better than B&W and that B&W isn't really done anymore?
I don't know for sure, but yeah, I believe the thinking was that coloring would sell better and make it an option for folks who already had the B & W.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #232
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Is that why Baxter Stockman seems to have just gone into hiding? I have been wondering what happened to him as he was not defeated and just seemed to slip away.

Of all the characters out there, who would you like to see appear that has not? I am not trying to be sneaky and asking for who might we see in the near future.
Baxter realized he had nothing more to gain by sticking around the Foot Clan in #49, so yeah, he got while the getting was good.

I have a couple: Wingnut & Screwloose, Pizza Face and Cudley the Cowlick. All are great designs and I think would be very fun characters.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #233
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are there any plans to revisit the Battle Nexus concept from the 2014 annual? Or is that a story saved for a future annual?
Old 01-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #234
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Baxter realized he had nothing more to gain by sticking around the Foot Clan in #49, so yeah, he got while the getting was good.

I have a couple: Wingnut & Screwloose, Pizza Face and Cudley the Cowlick. All are great designs and I think would be very fun characters.
Cudly would be awesome! Would this mean, if he is used, that you could potentially do a "Turtles Forever" type story where the IDW Turtles visit their Mirage/Image counterparts?

Because that would be amazing!

Thanks again.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #235
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Will we ever learn more about Traxus and Quanin's "long list of failures"?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:05 PM   #236
CyberCubed
Overlord

Something else I'm curious about, what happened to Traag and Granitor after the attack on Burnow Island? The last we see of them on panel is them walking away after their fight with Koya/Bludgeon, but we don't see them teleport or anything...just walk off. That was back in issue...37 or so? Its been a while.

Obviously with Krang under custody of the Neutrinos, Burnow Island now home to the Utroms under stasis, and where Fugitoid and Leatherhead worked on fixing Don's shell together, they can't still be there either. Or else they'd be causing trouble.

Did they teleport back to Dimension X off-screen or something?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:13 PM   #237
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Something else I'm curious about, what happened to Traag and Granitor after the attack on Burnow Island? The last we see of them on panel is them walking away after their fight with Koya/Bludgeon, but we don't see them teleport or anything...just walk off. That was back in issue...37 or so? Its been a while.

Obviously with Krang under custody of the Neutrinos, Burnow Island now home to the Utroms under stasis, and where Fugitoid and Leatherhead worked on fixing Don's shell together, they can't still be there either. Or else they'd be causing trouble.

Did they teleport back to Dimension X off-screen or something?
The two rock soldiers are slated to appear at the end of #56 and in #57 as he villains of the next arc. I suspect all of your related questions will be answered by the time the arc is over. I assume the arc is #56-#59.
http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-blog/
Old 01-23-2016, 10:14 PM   #238
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
The two rock soldiers are slated to appear at the end of #56 and in #57 as he villains of the next arc. I suspect all of your related questions will be answered by the time the arc is over. I assume the arc is #56-#59.
http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-blog/
Oh really? Thanks, I didn't know that. Looks like I'm getting to see them sooner than expected.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #239
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are there any plans to revisit the Battle Nexus concept from the 2014 annual? Or is that a story saved for a future annual?
No plans at this time.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #240
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Will we ever learn more about Traxus and Quanin's "long list of failures"?
Maybe, no plans. That was just the type of thing any rebel would say about the establishment he was fighting, I think. Wasn't really meant to refer to specific things we had in mind.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz