The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: The Forgotten Swordsman
Ray's Occult Bookshop - Ghostbusters reference 7 21.21%
Team Shiniangelo 6 18.18%
Amazing fight scenes in this episode 11 33.33%
That's it, just dump Casey and Shini in the ambulance bay 7 21.21%
Mikey's videogame - The Thing reference 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #81
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Feel free to ask me any questions you got with this one, as this was the first episode I worked on over a year ago now

It was a really fun episode to do and a nice little Foot story to get my feet wet with. The next two I worked on after would take us to strange places so it was nice to have a relatively grounded episode to start. Tatsu was real fun to work with and I remember I didn't take his mask off for awhile so I had no idea that they had modelled him after Toshishiro Obata until I got to my shots with him unmasked. Which being a fan of the Live Action movies growing up, I was pleased as punch to see. Tigerclaw and the foot get closer to their goal by getting the head of Shredder, one piece down, one to go.

Fun fact about the climax, the temple where the climatic fight happens with Tatsu, the set was really small, so the characters were all scaled down as the set, if scaled up, would mess up the lighting rig, so everyone was like half size in that part of the episode. As this season progresses, this will become a common theme of Nickelodeon not exactly making our jobs easy.

So I had seen this episode with animation done pre- rendered, then with lighting and comp, but not the TV edit until I saw it when it premiered. I was a little surprised to see that a few shots got cut completely or shortened and other stuff like different lighting. Nothing major, but its always a slight surprise.

Last edited by Faster and Cheaper; 07-15-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion