The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nah. EPF did the whole "hunt the mutants" story better. Don't care about Dregg, or any of his ilk, or Carter, so nope.
I dislike Dregg and Carter myself. Its all about season 8,see above why!
Old 08-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Best idea they had during the Red Sky seasons was to cancel the show.
Well it was going to end by then anyway, I do feel each season should have had 13 eps each though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #23
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well it was going to end by then anyway, I do feel each season should have had 13 eps each though.
Where in the world did they even get eight episodes from anyway? Five episodes is a "mini series". 13 episodes (or 26) is usually considered the standard for one episode per week season. That's what season two was, 13 episodes.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
It was a joke, ****tard.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #25
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I don't know... I think everyone is too hard on Carter. I like the idea of a self-taught martial arts amateur, wanting to learn ninjitsu from Hamato Yoshi. Strip away the whole stupid chicken mutation, and I think he would be a great character. I'd love to see a new take on this Keno-like character in some future TMNT incarnation, be it movie or comic. Dregg I believe was perfectly revamped for the Nick series, and I think he'd be the perfect insect king for Magligna's swarm in IDW.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #26
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I don't know... I think everyone is too hard on Carter. I like the idea of a self-taught martial arts amateur, wanting to learn ninjitsu from Hamato Yoshi. Strip away the whole stupid chicken mutation, and I think he would be a great character. I'd love to see a new take on this Keno-like character in some future TMNT incarnation, be it movie or comic. Dregg I believe was perfectly revamped for the Nick series, and I think he'd be the perfect insect king for Magligna's swarm in IDW.
I thought Carter was alright, though he was a bit annoying at times. I liked that he got some backstory in The Showdown (his rivalry with Jett). He could've been introduced better, though, as it was odd that he knew about Hamato Yoshi.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #27
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
The show is already 193 episodes long, would it really have benefited from 15 more? Why? Just so you could say "over 200 episodes" instead of "Roughly 200 episodes"? Between the "Nick show should have had 7 season, now it's only 2.5 times longer than most shows of it's kind!" and this, what's your obsession with wanting already long cartoons to be slighty longer?
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 08-15-2017 at 04:30 AM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #28
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The show is already 193 episodes long already, would it really have benefited from 15 more? Why? Just so you could say "over 200 episodes" instead of "Roughly 200 episodes"? Between the "Nick show should have had 7 season, now it's only 2.5 times longer than most shows of it's kind!" and this, what's your obsession with wanting already long cartoons to be slighty longer?
This time I am with Cubed. 8 episodes is too short for a show of any kind unless it is a mini-series. Yes, I want 7 more episodes to make it 200,but making the seasons that short was off even if it was a loss of popularity.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #29
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Shredder blowing up Channel 6 was also great.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

13 episodes is the standard number for a cartoon season. I can't think of any other show out there that has 8 episode seasons. So I don't know why people found that bizarre I mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It was a joke, ****tard.
Where did you get the idea that I was commenting on that? I was just saying since it was the tail-end of the series it was bound to end around then anyway.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #31
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
13 episodes is the standard number for a cartoon season. I can't think of any other show out there that has 8 episode seasons. So I don't know why people found that bizarre I mentioned it.

Where did you get the idea that I was commenting on that? I was just saying since it was the tail-end of the series it was bound to end around then anyway.

I got the idea when you quoted my post.

****tard.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
This time I am with Cubed. 8 episodes is too short for a show of any kind unless it is a mini-series. Yes, I want 7 more episodes to make it 200,but making the seasons that short was off even if it was a loss of popularity.
Quote:

I don't know, sure it's standard and you might have been able to brag about how it cracked 200 episodes. However, I've watched the Red Sky seasons in it's entirety, judging from what the "plot" was actually about I'd say they could have been even shorter and you would not miss anything important.

And while we're on the subject of standards. When it comes to this show, really? You wanna talk about standards in the episode/season ratio?
  1. 5
  2. 13
  3. 47
  4. 41
  5. 20
  6. 16
  7. 13+14
  8. 8
  9. 8
  10. 8

If anything, 8 episodes were the closest thing thing this show had to a standard episode count per season.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #33
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Season 8 could've been longer, but I agree that the episode count was enough, definitely for seasons 9 and 10 anyway. Mobster from Dimension X was filler.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #34
Overlord

Quote:
13 episodes is the standard number for a cartoon season. I can't think of any other show out there that has 8 episode seasons. So I don't know why people found that bizarre I mentioned it
I guess the standard number has changed throughout the years.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

The standard for cartoons was always 13 or 26 episode seasons. Even Season 7 of the OT was a 13 episode season, so it would have been likely for Season 8+ to be the same.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:10 PM   #36
ABrown
Banned

I think I might've asked this before, but how did CBS fill 52 Saturdays with only 8 episodes during season 8? Did they air each episodes at least 6 times, or did they rerun some of the pre-red sky era episodes as well?

I know that during the final season, they reran season 9 episodes as well. I would just assume that during season 9 they did the same thing, rerunning season 8 episodes as well.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I think I might've asked this before, but how did CBS fill 52 Saturdays with only 8 episodes during season 8? Did they air each episodes at least 6 times, or did they rerun some of the pre-red sky era episodes as well?

I know that during the final season, they reran season 9 episodes as well. I would just assume that during season 9 they did the same thing, rerunning season 8 episodes as well.
I think they just reran Season 8 and 7, but once Season 9 started they only ever reran the last season episodes and nothing prior to 8.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #38
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

The Globfather and Dregg using the Protein Computer brain to control the world's telecommunications networks in "Mobster from Dimension X" was pretty neat. I'd like to see something like that done again. I think "The Day the Earth Disappeared" with the Turtles travelling through dimensions was also pretty good, even if it was a bit rushed compared to other iterations. I also liked the appearance of ninjas in "State of Shock," even if Megavolt seemed unconventional as a leader of a ninja clan.

However, I think one of the best episodes is "Turtle Trek," because it shows some character development and tension between the Turtles, especially the brief tension displayed between Leonardo and Raphael where they were about to fight each other, which isn't something you really see in the Fred Wolf series.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:04 AM   #39
Overlord

Tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
However, I think one of the best episodes is "Turtle Trek," because it shows some character development and tension between the Turtles, especially the brief tension displayed between Leonardo and Raphael where they were about to fight each other, which isn't something you really see in the Fred Wolf series.
It was great, and thankfully not overused in this series.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #40
cammy85
Stone Warrior

The infighting in Turtle Trek and Michaelangelo's goofing off in HAVOC in the Streets annoyed me a lot even if they were necessary for the plot. Michaelangelo at least proved to be the sane one in both Turtle Trek and Doomquest; the latter only had him mutate once.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote