The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #441
Vegita-San
Emperor

you don't hear too many people talking about the greatness of the new movies music, do you?

I'd say 85% of it was composed by someone new. where as williams wrote the more memorable stuff like rey and kylo's theme.gotta throw the old guy a bone once in a while, iI guess.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #442
CyberCubed
Overlord

The series finale airs tonight and its 3 episodes. I'm hyped.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #443
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The series finale airs tonight and its 3 episodes. I'm hyped.
Me too. It feels like the end of something special. Despite its flaws, I always loved the concept of Rebels and the time period it took place in. (Letting it take place in the years before the trilogy was a great choice) At this point I feel attached to the main characters. Ever since they showed the first season 4 trailer back in 2017 I always wondered how it would end.

Only thing that frustrated me was that person who posted the spoilers on YouTube. People are already discussing the spoilers on YT, the Star Wars forums and on Reddit. I had to avoid all those places the last few days, which is a bit of a shame because I wanted to participate in the hype with the other fans.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #444
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've avoided all spoilers. I'm not sure how it'll end.

I assume most of the main cast will live though.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #445
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I've avoided all spoilers. I'm not sure how it'll end.

I assume most of the main cast will live though.
I avoided them as well. Which says something as I spoiled myself for almost every other Rebels episode in the last two seasons. I have no idea how it will go.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:20 PM   #446
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Decent wrap-up to the show. The epilogue was great.

Nice touch on naming Hera and Kanan's kid. I'm sure the old EU fans will be totally chill about it.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:00 PM   #447
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

what a great finale I love this series I guess some things Simon Kinberg works on aren't total garbage.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #448
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Now THAT is what I call a good ending. I hope this isn't the last we see of the Ghost crew.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:43 PM   #449
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pretty good ep, interested to see where the next series goes. I wonder if they will have Thrawn return to take over the Empire....at least until whenever Snoke shows up and turns it into The First Order.

Kind of funny and ironic that Ahsoka has now outlived everyone from the Clone Wars era. And I mean every single person, even Obi-wan and Yoda. She will never die.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #450
JH24
Hench Mutant

That ending... I don't think anyone could have predicted that. Ezra was on top of his game, he had planned everything in advance, and how crazy his plan was... it worked.

I knew it... Thrawn's downfall was him underestimating the Force, but above all he underestimated Ezra as a person.

Wherever Ezra and Thrawn are now, this might finally force Thrawn to learn more about the Force, and above all, what it is that drives a Jedi.

It's going to take some time to digest this...
Old 03-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #451
Vegita-San
Emperor

I gave rebels a bit of flak for not being as good as the clone wars series.

And at times, it wasn't. but when it was on it's game.. it REALLY was on it's game.

THIS is how you write a finale. take note ciro and crew.

I'm REALLY glad that they didn't end it with the city fly over, but I would NEVER have predicted going into the future.

Spectre 7 was a MAJOR cheat, but a smile non the less.

Nice to see that snips survived. But, where the hell was she during episode 7? why save her, only to have her vanish? same goes for Ezra.

My guess, is that Ezra and thrawn where brought back to the unknown regions. not sure why, but it would fit with what's come before.

Captean Palleon is pronounced exactly as I thought and read it as. Kimera, err, Chim-era, not so much.

Nice to see Everyone survived. we don't see Rex, but we assume he's still out there.

All In all, a rather super happy ending. That Episode 7 and 8 will TOTALLY ruin. for no good reason at all.

screw you kathleen kennedy.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:46 PM   #452
JH24
Hench Mutant

@Vegita-san I agree, that was one amazing finale. After my first watch I felt unsure about it, but the more I think about it the more I'm liking the direction Filoni went with it.

There were so many heavy-hitting moments. Like you said, when Rebels does something right, they really do it right.

Last edited by JH24; 03-06-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #453
CyberCubed
Overlord

It would be best if the next Star Wars cartoon was an anthology series that jumps all over the timeline. That way we never have to be "stuck" in one period of time of the franchise.

This way we can get post-episode 6 stories with Ahsoka/Erza and Thrawn, or they can jump back an animate some Clone Wars stories they never did, or go back even further and show us Qui-Gonn training Obi-wan which I've always wanted to see.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #454
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
It would be best if the next Star Wars cartoon was an anthology series that jumps all over the timeline. That way we never have to be "stuck" in one period of time of the franchise.

This way we can get post-episode 6 stories with Ahsoka/Erza and Thrawn, or they can jump back an animate some Clone Wars stories they never did, or go back even further and show us Qui-Gonn training Obi-wan which I've always wanted to see.
I would like to see a new series done post Return of the Jedi leading up to The Force Awakens.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:52 PM   #455
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just starting this now. So far so good, I guess. I'm not a super believer in how easily the group was able to get out of and then back into and then back out of a Star Destroyer like that, in the first two episodes, but that's probably my only gripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I love Star Wars and I'm a big fan of Weisman and Filoni's previous work so I'm excited about the show. However I'm pretty leery about the involvement of Jedi in the timeframe this show takes place in. I understand why you have to have Jedi/Sith/lightsabers in this show but it really takes away from Luke's story. We had been led to believe that the Jedi had been wiped out (outside of Yoda & Obi Wan) twenty years prior to Episode IV. Now we find out there were 2 other Jedi 5 years before A New Hope.
More than that, we saw in ANH that even the idea that the Jedi or the Force ever existed at all had become like an old wives' tale or legend, often doubted by people. Yet now with these new cartoons and shows and Disney movies we've got dozens of Jedi running around at the same time and obviously Force using Inquisitors paying planets a visit all over the galaxy. It's fun, but it definitely hurts the atmosphere and "stakes" of the original movies. Like in Empire. "He was our last hope," referring to Luke. Not Ahsoka? Not Baby Yoda? Or dude from the Jedi Fallen Order games? Or Ezra? Or Sabine? None of these people, even a slight hope? And you just know it's a matter of time before something canon brings back Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu with cybernetic arms. And at this point, why not?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-12-2023 at 11:59 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:02 AM   #456
Sumac
Banned

While I don't have a big grudge against Prequel Trilogy and consider them to be pretty good stories, hurt by a bad execution, one thing I always disliked about them is how close events between PT and OT were now in regards to each other.

From OT one might think it was at least 40-50 years between establishing of an Empire and ANH. But it was only 20 years.

And yes, all those interquels, definitely hurt OT atmosphere. But this is a usual deal with prequels and interquels - they always need to do add some more stakes and more dramatic stuff, which doesn't make sense, if you look at original work (Metal Gear series is an amazing example of how prequels manage to **** up continuity and characters, for example).
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:31 AM   #457
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
While I don't have a big grudge against Prequel Trilogy and consider them to be pretty good stories, hurt by a bad execution,
Those movies are like Shakespeare now. I have a completely different experience watching them now, vs. even 5 years ago. I used to cringe and gripe about stuff like "Oh look, they're walking down another greenscreen corridor!" (mostly mirroring the RLM guys, for the most part). Now it's just smiles and fondness.

Quote:
one thing I always disliked about them is how close events between PT and OT were now in regards to each other.
Right? We need at LEAST another decade in there.
Old 09-14-2023, 03:19 PM   #458
CyberCubed
Overlord

The first season of Rebels starts off kinda slow similar to early Clone Wars, but like that show it gets better and better as it goes on. All the cartoons have slow starts or it feels like a "kids show" but then they improve and get darker and the storylines more developed.
Old 09-14-2023, 09:03 PM   #459
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Those movies are like Shakespeare now. I have a completely different experience watching them now, vs. even 5 years ago. I used to cringe and gripe about stuff like "Oh look, they're walking down another greenscreen corridor!" (mostly mirroring the RLM guys, for the most part). Now it's just smiles and fondness.
My experience with Star Wars movies was weird in general - first episode I've watched was Phantom Menace and only then I watched OT. So I didn't had any kind of inherent bias against PT movies and saw them for what they were (in my view, of course).

Nowadays, OT rules for me, of course, Phantom Menace still the best of Prequels for its fairy tale atmosphere and sense of adventure, Episode 2 the worst for drama and 3 is tolerable (partially for memes and partially for Palpatine, which are more or less the same thing).

In general, I don't have a lot fondness for PT, but I can tolerate it and I understand what was an idea behind them, which makes me respect them more than ST, since ST simply has NO idea whatsoever, except for cashing in on OT popularity and memberries.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 03:24 PM   #460
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So what happened with Rebels, anyway? Was it cancelled, or was season 4 always intended on being the stopping point?