The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 10:40 PM   #421
CyberCubed
Overlord

The characters in the paintings were those 3 force wielders Anakin fought and killed on that planet in Clone Wars. The son was evil, the green haired woman was good, and the father died. I watched that ep a few times and still don't get what that was about or why the father and his children were so powerful with the force. He literally touched Anakin's lightsaber with his bare hands and pushed it down.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #422
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #423
Vegita-San
Emperor

I don't get the last scene with the wolf and the temple. where they in a nexus or something?

Interesting choice of dialogue for the voices. some from the future, some from the past. some from the show.

Not sure how I feel about 'time travel' being introduced to the star wars universe. Although if they wanted to reset things, they COULD un do all the damage the sequel trilogy did with one fell swoop in this between worlds place.

They also COULD have saved kanan. they had a split second after he pushed the ship away to pull him through.

I can't help but wonder if they are setting up asokah and ezra to be the new brother and sister with someone else being the new father.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #424
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most likely Ahsoka and Ezra will survive Rebels plus the events of the original movie trilogy, but they have to keep them out of the action because it wouldn't make sense why they wouldn't be part of the Rebel Alliance when they take out the Death Stars or go after Vader/Emperor. Plus Yoda would have been able to sense that Ahsoka was still alive.

Most likely Ahsoka/Ezra fall into some timeloop after the end of Rebels that propels them at least 10 years in the future. That way they can miss the events of the original trilogy, and survive to be in post-Episode 6 stories in comics or a future show.

Most like Thrawn will survive the end of Rebels too and take over the Empire just like he did in the original EU....until whenever Snoke is supposed to show up.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:19 PM   #425
JH24
Hench Mutant

I wonder if Thrawn is speaking to Ezra in the trailer. It would be a nice touch if they have some kind of interaction. It almost feels if Thrawn is underestimating Ezra and what it means being a Jedi. If that's the case then that might be Thrawn's downfall in this series.

@Cybercubed That's a great theory and something I'm hoping for. It would be the safest way to keep Ahsoka and Ezra out of the trilogy.

The trailer is exactly what I was hoping for. One final battle against the Empire, with everyone together, as friends and family.

Last edited by JH24; 02-27-2018 at 02:26 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #426
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I'd be cool with a post ROTJ meetup between Luke and Ahsoka where she talks to him about Anakin.

I think the way Filoni kept her alive was a good explanation for Ahsoka being away during the OT.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #427
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think Ahsoka will be killed off, she's too popular and for the most part there's no reason to. Just because we don't see or hear from her in Episode 7 onward doesn't mean she's dead. Disney is unlikely to use her in any of the movies because she's basically an unknown character to millions of people who only watch the movies and never the cartoons or comics.

As for Thrawn, I can see him taking over the empire after the fall of the Emperor like he did in the EU, and then leading for some time. I guess Snoke rises to power somewhere around there, so Thrawn might die when Snoke takes over his role.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #428
JH24
Hench Mutant

Old 02-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #429
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I'd be cool with a post ROTJ meetup between Luke and Ahsoka where she talks to him about Anakin.

I think the way Filoni kept her alive was a good explanation for Ahsoka being away during the OT.
they kind of did that already in the books.

r2 showed luke a visual history of episode 3's final battle in hologram form.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #430
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hm, Ahsoka not in the final eps? She's not in the trailer, unless they're purposely hiding her. Be a bit disappointing if the previous ep was her last appearance in the series.

What do you think the next Star Wars cartoon will be? I'm not sure if Disney wants any stories in the Episode 6 to 7 gap yet, since they probably want to include some movies there. The current comics are giving us new stories with Luke/Han/Leia in the original trilogy timeline.

Maybe they can give us another season of Clone Wars and finish what they started?
Old 02-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #431
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, Ahsoka not in the final eps? She's not in the trailer, unless they're purposely hiding her. Be a bit disappointing if the previous ep was her last appearance in the series.
I think Filoni once said that the finale will be about Ezra's story, so he might be a bit hesitant to let a character as important as Ahsoka fight alongside with him. It's possible that they're hiding her, but if she does play a role it might be at the end. And even then it might be hinted at instead of shown. But everything is possible.

I have no idea which way Filoni is going with this finale. They've shown a few clips but they share many of the same scenes. It really gives the feeling many important moments have yet to be revealed.

Maybe the gap between New Hope and ESB? Didn't a few years pass between these movies? They can focus on a different rebel group.

I agree the Clone Wars series deserved a proper ending.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #432
CyberCubed
Overlord

They should at least adapt the Darth Maul clone wars arc finale into episodes, we see the Night Mother finally killed off in that that we didn't get to see in the show. They should also adapt Ventress' final story arc into episodes.

Really sad you have to go scour comics to see the conclusion of some stories.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #433
JH24
Hench Mutant

Some loser posted the Q & A session after the Rebels finale fan screening on YT yesterday. (It's removed now) Dave Filoni had asked to keep things under wraps. Now spoilers are spreading everywhere. I'm kind of worried to visit YT out of fear there will be some Rebels recommendation in my video list. I can't visit the Star Wars forum or reddit either as it seems many people are already discussing the spoilers.

What people do for their five minutes of "fame." Hope it was worth it... Idiot.

On the plus side, only one day left until the finale. It has been a long wait, and the last few days have felt even longer.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:34 PM   #434
Vegita-San
Emperor

if the next series is indeed a sequel trilogy one as rumored...

I can't imagine that being too popular. especially if no filoni.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #435
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
if the next series is indeed a sequel trilogy one as rumored...

I can't imagine that being too popular. especially if no filoni.
I can.

Filoni is in charge of Lucasfilm Animation. He's not going anywhere.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #436
Vegita-San
Emperor

it seems like they are trying to slowly push out all the old lucas oriented charges. I wonder if they are smart enough to keep filoni around and let him do his thing.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:11 PM   #437
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
it seems like they are trying to slowly push out all the old lucas oriented charges. I wonder if they are smart enough to keep filoni around and let him do his thing.
Who has been pushed out?

Filoni got promoted to head of animation last year.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:48 PM   #438
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vegita-san is up to his usual trolling, with his vendetta against Disney Star Wars. Wait till he starts bringing up feminism and his anti-female rants. Only a matter of time.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:43 AM   #439
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Who has been pushed out?

Filoni got promoted to head of animation last year.
Ben Burt for one. he wasn't involved in episode 8 in anyway at all and doesn't know why.

seems like they are slowly pushing out john williams too, although that might be due to age. I still say apart from one or two themes, he's credited for the new movie soundtracks in name only.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #440
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, they're pushing John Williams out.