The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
CombatColdCuts
Random Punk

The Loyal Subjects TMNT

I saw these on the big bad toy store's website. They look like kid robot or funko mini figures. They look pretty cool. Has anyone seen these before?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...47&mode=retail
CombatColdCuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatColdCuts View Post
I saw these on the big bad toy store's website. They look like kid robot or funko mini figures. They look pretty cool. Has anyone seen these before?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...47&mode=retail
Can't stand **** like that. 13 bucks for an over-stylized generic 3" figure. They don't even look good
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:08 AM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

If we ever see the actual toys, I might be down to grab the Shredder, at least. Gotta dig that Mirage design. But otherwise, I sorta agree with the fella above... Kinda sick of all these big headed vinyl figures. So many brands are getting their filthy mitts on the license, which is great, but they're all, like, exactly the same stuff.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I only like Splinter. But it's random?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

The Loyal Subjects began Pre-sales of TMNT today! And it looks like they have a decent looking Karai figure! Great surprise
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
Aaron
Hench Mutant

Normally I would agree with the first three replies. The style seems to be getting way overdone. And the price is pretty ridiculous for what you get. But for some reason I really like the look of these figures. Although I doubt I'll buy them any time soon as I have other tmnt figures that are higher on my list. But for some reason I really like the Leo figure. Although if I do ever buy em I'll definitely look for a better deal. I'm not sure I could enjoy them knowing I forked over $12.99 each for them. Not to mention the random figure thing. I hate the random single stuff.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #7
#1TMNTurtleFan
Random Punk

Interesting.....might have to grab a few.
#1TMNTurtleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Sure has been a glut of TMNT in the vinyl toy world recently. I'm all for folks wanting to throw their hat in the ring but these ones lack the typical cute factor. My favorite is the old CiBoys turtle from back in the day.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

I'm a vinyl toy art collector and I also happen to collect TMNT action figures. So personally, I'm diggin these different vinyl toy companies demonstrating their interpretations of TMNT.

Vinyl art toys aren't all about the cute factor. In fact I often shy away from overly cute vinyl, such as the Funko Pop! TMNT line. These Loyal Subjects turtles are right up my alley. It's just a matter of personal taste and what fits with your existing collection. That's the fun of it all!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

And speaking of glut and TMNT the last couple years, it's across the board, not just in the vinyl medium:
Playmates- Nickelodeon cartoon line, Classics cartoon line, Classics retro line, Classics movie line, Classics comic book versions, 2014 movie line

Revoltech- Nickelodeon cartoon figures

Threezero- hinted at TMNT figures
Etc, etc

Everyone wants a piece right now for the 30th anniversary!

Last edited by Lil Karai; 08-07-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
CombatColdCuts
Random Punk

I like the smaller figures and I am glad someone besides Funko is doing some. Funko does cater to the kiddie aspect of TMNT which is ok but I like figures that are geared towards grown ups too. The turtles look pretty bad ass from the pictures and the only problem I have is the color of Bebop's glasses.
CombatColdCuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
snake
Disgusting

Those look EXACTLY like the Funko/Kidrobot figures.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

No they don't if you've seen the actual figures they're pretty different from Funko.
Large image put in spoilers
Spoiler:

I actually really like these ones!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #14
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If we ever see the actual toys, I might be down to grab the Shredder, at least. Gotta dig that Mirage design. But otherwise, I sorta agree with the fella above... Kinda sick of all these big headed vinyl figures. So many brands are getting their filthy mitts on the license, which is great, but they're all, like, exactly the same stuff.
Ditto. It's overwhelming at this point and, for me anyway, takes the fun out of trying to collect anything. There's just too much to sift through and keep track of.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #15
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Yes these figures are very different from the Kidrobot ones. Kidrobot turtles have only 3 points of articulation w very simple snap joints w 2 dimensional mobility. Very simple sculpt with all of the details except the masks painted on. I love them, but they are far more simplistic.
Characters- 4 turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Krang, Foot Soldier, Bebop, Rocksteady

The Loyal Subjects turtles have 9 points of articulation, ball joints, and all the details including the masks appear to be sculpted in. Heck, they are more like a true action figure than a vinyl figure. They look like they have more articulation and joints than some of the toys Playmates has released lately! Plus, stylistically they are very different from KR.
Characters- 4 turtles, Splinter, Shredder, 2variants of Foot Soldier, April, Casey, Karai

Personally I'm impressed and will definitely be buying a case of these. For those of you that don't enjoy the fun of blind boxes, you can always wait until people start selling the opened figures on eBay and Amazon. But I definitely want to gamble and have a chance at that 1/96 Karai figure!

Last edited by Lil Karai; 08-08-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #16
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Yes these figures are very different from the Kidrobot ones. Kidrobot turtles have only 3 points of articulation w very simple snap joints w 2 dimensional mobility. Very simple sculpt with all of the details except the masks painted on. I love them, but they are far more simplistic.
Characters- 4 turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Krang, Foot Soldier, Bebop, Rocksteady

The Loyal Subjects turtles have 9 points of articulation, ball joints, and all the details including the masks appear to be sculpted in. Heck, they are more like a true action figure than a vinyl figure. They look like they have more articulation and joints than some of the toys Playmates has released lately! Plus, stylistically they are very different from KR.
Characters- 4 turtles, Splinter, Shredder, 2variants of Foot Soldier, April, Casey, Karai

Personally I'm impressed and will definitely be buying a case of these. For those of you that don't enjoy the fun of blind boxes, you can always wait until people start selling the opened figures on eBay and Amazon. But I definitely want to gamble and have a chance at that 1/96 Karai figure!
I think these are pretty awesome looking! Love the Shredder and Foot designs but I wish they were a bit cheaper than $12.99 a piece.

There is a Karai in the series? Do you have a pic?

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #17
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
There is a Karai in the series? Do you have a pic?
Yep, she's on their site:

Looks like B&R aren't actually a part of this wave and it'll instead be focusing solely on the Mirage comics. Guess they're part of a later IDW-based wave, hence their look.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #18
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Very cool how they've sort of grabbed a mix of designs from all over the place, based on the concept art - the Turtles and Splinter look close to the 2003 series, April, Shredder and the Foot are pure Mirage, and Bebop and Rocksteady are the IDW versions.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #19
Powder
So tired of this place

So glad we're finally starting to get some Casey collectibles! I'm definitely grabbing him, & probably Shredder, though I must admit that Karai is really cute too!

...Actually, after seeing pictures of the real toys, I actually kind want ALL of them. These are really neat.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #20
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

These are cool, I am not a fan of the big head figures, I would only want to get Casey, Shredder, or Kari and Bepop and Rocksteady.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vinyl figures